Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze interview in the indie 12:54 - Jan 9 with 5760 viewsNorthernr

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/qpr-eberechi-eze-in

Eze interview in the indie on 12:55 - Jan 9 with 3667 viewsngbqpr

Beaten to it by a minute by the gaffer!

Top interview.

I love him even more now.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Eze interview in the indie on 13:03 - Jan 9 with 3605 viewsnix

What a classy guy. So proud it's our club that's really seen him for the talent he is.

Eze interview in the indie on 13:05 - Jan 9 with 3591 viewssparkey

Slightly confused as to how so many clubs missed spotting it.

Eze interview in the indie on 13:21 - Jan 9 with 3525 viewsCiderwithRsie

The bit that stands out to me is that scouts could always see the talent but academy coaches saw him as a luxury.

I'll hazard a guess that the key is in having a youth coach that understands that rough diamonds need careful polishing, knows how to do that, and is willing to put in the effort to bring it out rather than just churn out standard issue players who can do the basics.

TBF the fact that he acknowledges that by the time he got a trial with us he knew he was looking at working in Tesco if he didn't make it may have sharpened his attitude a bit.

I couldn't coach a potato to stay in the ground - maybe some of the coaches on here could comment?

Eze interview in the indie on 13:22 - Jan 9 with 3512 viewssmegma

Maybe because he wasn't THIS good when he was an academy player ?? He has honed his craft these past 3 years under Wild Thing, Paul Hall/Andy Impey and Mark Warburton.

Eze interview in the indie on 13:28 - Jan 9 with 3481 viewssdm19994

Harris letting him go at millwall, deary me.

Eze interview in the indie on 13:29 - Jan 9 with 3474 viewsRangerMK

Thanks for sharing, this is a great read. I absolutely love this kid and how wise beyond his years that he is. Very humble and down to earth, I wish him all the best!

Eze interview in the indie on 13:30 - Jan 9 with 3457 viewspaulparker

If sheff Utd are interested i hope we ask for 30 million considering they got freeman for virtually nothing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eze interview in the indie on 13:31 - Jan 9 with 3451 viewssparkey

Yes that is a fair point, however, as soon as he first broke into the first team it was noticeable he had bags of ability and natural talent.

He has improved a lot in that time but there was always something about him that most QPR fans could see, and professionals should have definitely spotted that before our recruitment did, not that I'm complaining of course!

Eze interview in the indie on 13:33 - Jan 9 with 3434 viewssmuttsontour

- would the club/agent be setting these sorts of interviews up to bolster further interest (with a view to sell)?

- Author couldn't resist a dig at us in the training ground remark.

- no mention of Holloway's input.

- Neil Harris is rigid.

Eze interview in the indie on 13:35 - Jan 9 with 3410 viewsLongsufferingR

....and fans still not spotting it

Eze interview in the indie on 13:52 - Jan 9 with 3332 viewsTonto

youth football in this country is appallingly badly run. nepotism is rife, vultures waiting to pick off the easily led and of course its all geared towards the big clubs.

this book is thoroughly depressing in many ways, but goes through it in some detail (QPR and Chris Ramsey come out of it reasonably well though)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Hunger-Paradise-Players-Journey/dp/1784756113/ref=pd

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Eze interview in the indie on 14:03 - Jan 9 with 3277 viewsDWQPR

I never saw Marsh play for Rangers.

I saw Bowles
I saw Currie
I saw Stainrod
I saw Byrne
I saw Wegerle
I saw Taarabt

Eze sits comfortably with all these QPR No. 10's in my book. And boy, does he have the swagger and ability to beat a player like Stan did. That's how much I rate the lad. Good luck to him wherever his career takes him. A real QPR no. 10.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Eze interview in the indie on 14:47 - Jan 9 with 3157 viewsNW5Hoop

- An interview in the Independent is going to alert anyone. Everyone already knows all they need to know about hi,
- It's not a dig. It is a makeshift training ground.
- Well, he actually only played 16 games under Holloway.
- Yes.

Eze interview in the indie on 14:50 - Jan 9 with 3139 viewsloftus77

Lovely interview with a superb young player.

I still cling to the forlorn hope that he'll go to Spurs for £20M and be loaned back to us until May as part of the deal..to guarantee him 20+ games.

Eze interview in the indie on 15:11 - Jan 9 with 3075 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sheffield United couldn't afford three of his dreadlocks.

Bare bones.

Eze interview in the indie on 15:15 - Jan 9 with 3045 viewsLongsufferingR

Why? What's special about those three?

Eze interview in the indie on 15:19 - Jan 9 with 3032 viewsNorthernr

They're where his power lies. That's why he's been getting better and better the longer his hair has grown.

Eze interview in the indie on 15:24 - Jan 9 with 3011 viewsLongsufferingR

So instead of fouling him, why don't the opposition just send a player out with a pair of scissors then?

Eze interview in the indie on 15:26 - Jan 9 with 3003 viewsMatch82

A long-held fear instilled by their mothers that it is dangerous to run with scissors

Eze interview in the indie on 15:29 - Jan 9 with 2982 viewsLongsufferingR

They don't have to run. Just stand behind him at a corner.

Eze interview in the indie on 15:37 - Jan 9 with 2950 viewsted_hendrix

Health and Safety act 1974 Part 1 sub section 14(B)

Except in such cases as may be prescribed, scissors are not permitted to enter the football pitch whilst the game is in play and the home side are playing in a free flowing style that has the crowd making joyous noises.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Eze interview in the indie on 15:50 - Jan 9 with 2914 viewsWrightUp5hit___

While there may be a few, there aren't many unspotted youngsters out there these days. Clubs scout everywhere, and youngsters with any potential are known of by the "industry".

Where Rangers are currently fortunate (after years of cocking things up) is in having the likes of Paul Hall, Chris Ramsey and Sir Les, giving youngsters the opportunity, coaching and support to grow.

I suppose you have to also say that of major importance to that, is our board giving support to that strategy.

Having had the opportunity to chat with Ebs, have to say he really is a very well mannered young man, like many of his peers. Perhaps that is something else that Paul Hall, Chris Ramsey etc imbue in our youngsters, or is that something that they look for?

Eze interview in the indie on 16:01 - Jan 9 with 2866 viewsTacticalR

I keep thinking of an interview with David Winner (author of Brilliant Orange) on Off the Ball a few years ago. Winner was saying that towards the end of his life Cruyff became disillusioned with the very system he had helped create at Ajax and Barcelona:

'Explaining the new system, and how it betters the previous system, Winner says: "They’ve torn up the old system based education idea — which is that everybody plays 4-3-3 and everybody learns their position and everybody’s tactically and technically drilled — and the new system is to emphasise individuality and creativity.

[It is] intensive tuition by the best football minds in Holland.

The whole idea is to develop extremely original, gifted individuals.

Systems come later — they think that’s the thing everybody’s going to be copying a decade from now.'

David Winner on Bergkamp, Cruyff and the Ajax Revolution
https://www.newstalk.com/off-the-ball/david-winner-on-bergkamp-cruyff-and-the-aj

So I wonder if Eze was a victim of the old system where the emphasis was on skill (one touch football etc) and team patterns, but not on individuality.

Air hostess clique

Eze interview in the indie on 17:08 - Jan 9 with 2682 viewswestberksr

great interview; comes across as such a nice lad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024