Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange choice 09:32 - Jan 15 with 2741 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve just seen on bbc teletext that the Cardiff keeper etheridge is a potential target for West Ham.Was it just a one off poor display at our place,or do they have Stevie wonder as a scout at West Ham?I almost choked on my cuppa when I read it just now.
It would also finish some people’s hopes of getting smithies back.

Strange choice on 09:50 - Jan 15 with 2673 viewsCamberleyR

Just a one off I think. The brief times I've seen him other than the NYD game I've thought he was a decent keeper. He was voted Cardiff's player of the year last season (not sure if it was the players or fans award). The season they went up he only conceded 37 goals in 45 games and kept 19 clean sheets.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Strange choice on 13:02 - Jan 15 with 2455 viewssmegma

Never judge a keeper on one game.

Strange choice on 13:06 - Jan 15 with 2424 viewsfrancisbowles

Kept the multi million pound Alex Smithies out of the team for eighteen months, so must be pretty decent!

Strange choice on 13:19 - Jan 15 with 2349 viewsrunningman75

West Ham have signed injury prone Darren Randolph for £4 million. Goes to show the stupid money in the Premier league and also why the r's will not sign a goalkeeper with current wages. We need to somehow keep the faith in our current goalkeepers.

Strange choice on 13:27 - Jan 15 with 2304 viewsstowmarketrange

That means that boro have £4 million to spend on a first team keeper.Can’t we tell them again how good Joe is?

Strange choice on 14:13 - Jan 15 with 2141 viewsrobith

Not many keepers would've kept the score down the way the Cardiff back 4 played. Had a good season when they were in the Prem.

Great trivia, in the Prem Etheridge saved three penalties, all from players who share names with US presidents - Callum Wilson, James Maddison and Kenedy

Strange choice on 14:27 - Jan 15 with 2082 viewsonlyrinmoray

Robith … Respect Or too much time on your hands ?

Strange choice on 14:35 - Jan 15 with 2037 viewsstainrods_elbow

Why do we need to 'keep the faith' - it's football, a game of skill and ability, not religion! What little faith I have/ had in Lumley is dwindling to microscopic, and I disagree his issues are (mainly) confidence-related - he just can't cut it. If we can get Smithies back without breaking the bank, Hoos, Les and whoever else was behind it should eat humble pie and do it. If Warburton isn't having kittens on a daily basis with our keeper and defence, his judgment needs to be profoundly questioned, and if he and his coaches can't fix it, he should talk to the board.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Strange choice on 14:43 - Jan 15 with 2018 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"If we can get Smithies back without breaking the bank, Hoos, Les and whoever else was behind it should eat humble pie"

If we could get Smithies back without breaking the bank we would have made a substantial profit on selling him and re-signing him, so congrats all 'round!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Strange choice on 14:46 - Jan 15 with 1997 viewsonlyrinmoray

Its ironic that our thrashing of Cardiff led to Etheridge being dropped and led to the return of Smithies So I don't think he will leave now hes getting a game

Strange choice on 15:01 - Jan 15 with 1935 viewskensalriser

Smithies won't be coming back cf Northern's post on another thread.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Strange choice on 15:13 - Jan 15 with 1895 viewsjonno

How good is Smithies with the ball at his feet though? Given how we integrate our keeper by including him in passing the ball around at the back that would be a consideration for any new keeper we may look I would imagine?

Strange choice on 15:21 - Jan 15 with 1878 viewsstowmarketrange

We can keep him on the bench until we give away a penalty.

Strange choice on 15:26 - Jan 15 with 1855 viewsCamberleyR

Absolutely no chance of signing him. Sure I read on here or on the Loft For Words twitter feed that Smithies is now on way in excess of what we pay our top players. I think we also need to rid ourselves of the mantra of trying to sign ex players that were good for us once upon a time but aren't playing much for their new clubs (see Freeman, Luke also) and focus on finding a new Alex Smithies/Daniel Bentley from the lower leagues.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Strange choice on 15:48 - Jan 15 with 1790 viewsMaggsinho

Seny Dieng seems to be doing well at Doncaster. Assuming he follows the same development pattern as Eze and Chair we can expect to see him at the club next season.

Strange choice on 16:05 - Jan 15 with 1731 viewsrobith

I am always bemused at our fascination with wanting to bring back old players/give them coaching roles

Strange choice on 16:10 - Jan 15 with 1712 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=275520.0

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Strange choice on 16:34 - Jan 15 with 1627 viewsPinnerPaul

The following game was the FA Cup that Smithies would have played in anyway.

Strange choice on 17:03 - Jan 15 with 1584 viewsjoolsyp

https://mobile.twitter.com/drfc_official/status/1213082571048935425

Not sure I can see Joe doing that!

Strange choice on 18:56 - Jan 15 with 1363 viewskensalriser

Abandonment issues.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024