Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belokon 21:52 - Jan 18 with 1228 viewsokeh_for_some

I was walking the dogs this morning and for some reason my mind wandered to ‘Uncle Val.’ For so long he was the saviour of Blackpool, but was it all an illusion? While his proceedings against Oyston did the job we all craved, when you look at the cold facts, he invested £6m and walked away with 30. Not a bad rate of return in anyone’s eyes. Were all his meetings with certain high profile fans and his professed love of Blackpool just a way of strengthening his legal case? Were we taken for patsies and fell for the dream because we were desperate for change? I can’t help feeling if his bond with the Pool was so strong he would have found a way to buy the club. As it is he’s just a multi millionaire that’s just that bit richer. Have we been mugged off?

Belokon on 22:18 - Jan 18 with 1221 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Hiya Okeh....

Think it was over 10m the total investment, but I get your point. No, I actually don't think the fans protest would have had any bearing on the judgement. OO lost because he paid himself a payment judged to be a dividend that was prejudicial(?) to the other main shareholder.

Where I think it helped was how Judge Smith seemed determined to ensure we were sold to a decent buyer. He could of just ordered the assets sold to whoever offered the most.

I know through a friend one of the people who got a letter from OO, so I'm quite glad to see him taken to the cleaners.

Also I think it's really for the best VB has no more dealings with the club so we can move on.

Finally, yes not a bad return on his investment in the end, but I've known of better.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Belokon on 22:48 - Jan 18 with 1212 viewsokeh_for_some

Hi BBRR
Everyone was glad to see the end of the Oystons and for us become a real football club once again, but I’m still left with a nagging feeling that Val isn’t quite the Saint we think. He could have donated a small part of his gains to the Club, to charities in Blackpool, a statue - anything. Hope I’m wrong but I guess regardless, if it got rid of the Oystons does it really matter.

Belokon on 00:18 - Jan 19 with 1205 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

There are quite a lot of things wrong with that OP.

First of all, he put in £9m, not £6m.

Secondly, he offered to settle at around £7.5m and the O's turned him down. SO he was hardly in it for a big payday.

Thirdly, most of the O's ducking and diving and delay was designed to stop him taking the club, even in lieu of some of the debt. The fact that it didn't happen was that the O's had one valuation for the club for the purposes of court, and a completely different one for the purposes of sale.

I have no idea of his depth of VB's feeling for the club, but he didn't need to keep lines of communication open in the way that he did, and I think we should be grateful that he made the effort to do it.

Finally, I have no idea what "mugged off" means.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Belokon on 08:00 - Jan 19 with 1192 viewsROTTWEILERS

Living in London, I don't accept you have no idea what being mugged off means, Robbie

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Belokon on 09:55 - Jan 19 with 1178 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Rott

I have to put up with South London gangsta-speak in my normal life. I'm not having it on a Blackpool message board.

Belokon on 10:43 - Jan 19 with 1167 viewsspell_chekker

We'll never really know the answer Okeh.

We can nly have an opinion.

I'd say that VB wanted to take the club over. He said he wanted to remain a minor shareholder with a local investor.

That's what he said, and I'm prepared to take that at face value.

Eventually, I reckon that the whole drawn out and dirty process made things too complicated for him and ground him down.

He got lucky with the judgement.

Personally, I'm happy as I prefer Sadler. The ideal owner as far as I'm concerned.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Belokon on 11:41 - Jan 19 with 1161 viewsROTTWEILERS

My own view is that Tim and some of the others could've been repaid by VB following the judgement. Yes, I know he didn't have to but he could have done. The fact that Tim, mosser etc were dropped like a brick the second their 'services' were spent tells its own story (imo).

I saw an article last week that said there were Eastern European oligarchs all suing each other in the English courts to rinse their dirty cash in plain sight. OO and VB couldn't have been in cahoots all the way along, could they?

Food for thought

Belokon on 13:03 - Jan 19 with 1152 viewsspudgun

I can roll with that Rotts.

And, of course, that it was all masterminded by Karl, who hid his genius behind a facade of incompetence and gross ignorance.

Sort of like the janitor in Scooby Doo...

Belokon on 14:15 - Jan 19 with 1136 viewsROTTWEILERS

Belokon on 17:36 - Jan 19 with 1125 viewsspell_chekker

I agree.

VB could have made a gesture toward the sued fans for their fines and costs.

That would have closed the book respectfully on the whole episode.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Belokon on 17:56 - Jan 19 with 1120 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I don't understand why Belokon was under any obligation to help anyone.

Yes, a gesture would have been nice. But why does he have to make it?

Belokon on 18:37 - Jan 19 with 1113 viewsspell_chekker

Of cpurse, Belokon isn't under ant obligation.

The rationale being that he's already very wealthy and has done very well financially, thank you very much, from the whole chebang.

With the wealth he has, and the unexpectedly good result he had against the Oystons, would £30k here, £40k there, £50k somewhere else, plus another couple of donations made a difference to his, or his family's lives.

I think not.

He doesn't have to make such a gesture. It'd be philanthropic, a good will, thanks, goodbye.

Leave it all nicely.

I'd like to hear what the sued parties have to say, but under the terms of the agreements they signed, I don't think they can comment in much detail.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024