Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Maxwell 06:25 - Jan 21 with 165 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool are expected to unveil Preston North End goalkeeper Chris Maxwell as their latest January transfer window signing today.

The shot stopper has agreed to sign a short-term deal until the end of the season having had his contract at Deepdale cancelled.

The 29-year-old is due to reunite with Simon Grayson for a second time in his career having made the move to Preston from Fleetwood Town in 2016.

Maxwell, who went on to make 83 appearances for Preston during his three-year stay, has also previously played for the likes of Cambridge United and Wrexham.

The keeper has been out on loan with Scottish Premiership side Hibernian this season, making 17 appearances, but he’s not featured as much in recent weeks following the arrival of new manager Jack Ross - leading to his recall.

Maxwell will become the first player to move between the Lancashire rivals since Andy Little signed for the Seasiders on loan during the 2015/16 season.

Grayson has been keen to bolster his goalkeeping options following the injury Jak Alnwick suffered on Boxing Day.

The on-loan Rangers man has subsequently undergone successful surgery on his arm but is now facing the prospect of 12 weeks on the sidelines.

Last season's number one Mark Howard has recently returned to the fold, starting the last five games.

Having initially looked a little rusty, Howard delivered an impressive display in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln City - saving Tyler Walker’s first-half penalty.

Fellow shot stopper Christoffer Mafoumbi has since departed the club on loan, joining League Two strugglers Morecambe.

When asked if a new goalkeeper will arrive this week after Saturday’s defeat to Lincoln City, Grayson told The Gazette: “I would think so.

"There are deals that are close to being done, I’m talking of a couple at this moment in time.

“Connor Ronan just didn’t get done in time on Friday (to be registered for Saturday's game), but we’ll have a new goalkeeper to add to our competition.

“But other areas we need to strengthen as well.”

On the chances of further outgoings, Grayson added: “Not as we stand at this moment, but we’ll have to wait and see.”

One player who did leave last week was Jordan Thompson, who made the step-up to the Championship to join Michael O’Neill’s Stoke City for an undisclosed fee.

“I think that one is a win-win for all parties," Grayson added.

“The club were happy with the money they’ve got and I think Jordan is delighted to get to the Championship.

“We’ve always said any player leaving the club will have to be to the benefit of the club and we felt the deal was good for us.

“You’ve seen over the last few days the deals we’re getting done are not going to come cheap.

“All the money we’ve got from any deals out is going to be reinvested in the football club.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-on-the-

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Chris Maxwell on 08:03 - Jan 21 with 158 viewsspell_chekker

All I know about Maxwell is what I read yesterday evening.

There are conflicting reports about his ability.

We'll have to trust our new scouting set up and wait and see how it all works out.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Chris Maxwell on 13:41 - Jan 22 with 148 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Preston North End have officially recalled goalkeeper Chris Maxwell from his loan spell at Hibernian and have cancelled his contract by mutual consent.

It paves the way for Maxwell to join Blackpool, who he has been training with since last week.

The shot stopper has agreed to sign a short-term deal until the end of the season having had his contract at Deepdale cancelled.

The 29-year-old is due to reunite with Simon Grayson for a second time in his career having made the move to Preston from Fleetwood Town in 2016.

Maxwell, who went on to make 83 appearances for Preston during his three-year stay, has also previously played for the likes of Cambridge United and Wrexham.

The keeper has been out on loan with Scottish Premiership side Hibernian this season, making 17 appearances, but he’s not featured as much in recent weeks following the arrival of new manager Jack Ross - leading to his recall.

Maxwell will become the first player to move between the Lancashire rivals since Andy Little signed for the Seasiders on loan during the 2015/16 season.

Grayson has been keen to bolster his goalkeeping options following the injury Jak Alnwick suffered on Boxing Day.

The on-loan Rangers man has subsequently undergone successful surgery on his arm but is now facing the prospect of 12 weeks on the sidelines.

Last season's number one Mark Howard has recently returned to the fold, starting the last five games.

Having initially looked a little rusty, Howard delivered an impressive display in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln City - saving Tyler Walker’s first-half penalty.

Fellow shot stopper Christoffer Mafoumbi has since departed the club on loan, joining League Two strugglers Morecambe.

When asked if a new goalkeeper will arrive this week after Saturday’s defeat to Lincoln City, Grayson told The Gazette: “I would think so.

"There are deals that are close to being done, I’m talking of a couple at this moment in time.

“Connor Ronan just didn’t get done in time on Friday (to be registered for Saturday's game), but we’ll have a new goalkeeper to add to our competition.

“But other areas we need to strengthen as well.”

On the chances of further outgoings, Grayson added: “Not as we stand at this moment, but we’ll have to wait and see.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/preston-north-end

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Chris Maxwell on 11:52 - Jan 24 with 129 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Maxwell Completes Blackpool Move

Blackpool Football Club can confirm the signing of Chris Maxwell on a deal until the end of the season.

The goalkeeper joins the Seasiders on a permanent basis after leaving Preston North End, where he made 83 appearances.

Having previously worked under manager Simon Grayson, the 29-year-old arrives to bolster a goalkeeping department without the services of Jak Alnwick, who has recently undergone surgery on an arm injury.

No stranger to the Fylde Coast, Maxwell achieved a promotion with Fleetwood Town in 2014 and went on to be named Player of the Season a year later.

He spent the first part of this season on loan with Hibernian, featuring 17 times for the SPL side.

Chief Executive Ben Mansford said:

“With the injury to Jak Alnwick, it was important that we brought in a proven goalkeeper to provide the best competition possible and in signing Chris, we have done just that. Chris has the required ability, experience and personality to handle the business end of the season and we are all pleased to have him with us until the end of the season. Welcome Chris.”

Chris Maxwell added:

“I’m really excited (about the move). When the opportunity arose to work under Simon Grayson again, it was something that jumped out at me to be honest. I’m really glad it’s finally done and I’m looking forward to my time here.”

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/maxwell-completes-blackpool-move

Chris Maxwell on 12:02 - Jan 24 with 126 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Chris Maxwell on 09:36 - Jan 27 with 111 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool’s latest recruit Chris Maxwell says he couldn’t turn down the opportunity to work with Simon Grayson for a second time in his career.

Blackpool’s latest recruit Chris Maxwell says he couldn’t turn down the opportunity to work with Simon Grayson for a second time in his career.

The goalkeeper reunites with the Pool boss having previously played under him during his time with Lancashire rivals Preston North End.

The 29-year-old has signed a short-term deal with the Seasiders until the end of the season having had his contract at Deepdale cancelled.

“I’m really excited,” the shot stopper said.

“When the opportunity arose to work under Simon Grayson again it was something that jumped out to me.

“There were a couple of other options available but as soon as I knew Blackpool were interested, with Simon Grayson being in charge here, I was delighted to come.”

“It was a great time for the six months I was there,” Maxwell added.

“As soon as the new manager came in he had other ideas, so it didn’t work out for me.

“But I still enjoyed my time there, but now I’m looking ahead to the future.”

Maxwell becomes the first player to move between Blackpool and Preston since Andy Little signed for the Seasiders on loan during the 2015/16 season.

“It’s a position that’s really important to the team and a good working environment with the other goalkeepers is essential to be successful,” Maxwell said.

“I’m looking forward to meeting up with the boys and enjoying working with each other.

“Hopefully I can help keep the ball out of the back of the net.

“I believe it’s a position where you can see everything so you can help organise things and spot the danger before it happens.

“Communication and organisation is something I pride myself on and it’s something I intend to implement with this team.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/chris-maxwell-exp

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024