Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 60285 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 10:49 - Jan 30 with 4428 viewsQPROslo

Burnley have another 1 year option on Wells, but want him off their payroll as not in their plans. We supposedly put in a £3 million bid for the Aberdeen CB in August, so it seems to me strange we cannot manage to match BC's under £ 4 million for a striker now, especially an in form one who wanted to play for us. Perhaps our losses this season are now looking worse than in the summer. I also dont see why we couldn't make a pre contract agreement to sign Wells this summer when we are into a supposedly easier FFP season on the rolling losses, and continue his loan out this season. We will struggle to buy another competent Championship in form striker for £4 million, and Wells should have a few good seasons left in him. We dont own one competent Championship striker at the moment.

Wells off? on 10:57 - Jan 30 with 4341 viewsactonman

Make weight for player burnley want from Bristol and as Bristol want Wells , even if we wanted to , it would have been a struggle to sign him for our selfs .
Shafted by both clubs but that’s business .

Now I hear forest want freeman from Sheff Utd , how has that happened ?

Wells off? on 11:08 - Jan 30 with 4278 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I might be wrong but I didn't think you could do pre-contract agreements in the same league.

Wells off? on 11:23 - Jan 30 with 4153 views2Thomas2Bowles

Has he gone yet zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wells off? on 11:47 - Jan 30 with 4061 viewsMatch82

It's one thing buying a centre back with resale value at the start of a year where we thought we'd be going down unless we shored up at the back, on reasonable wages, compared to buying a 30 year old striker on big wages and an expiring contract when the rest of this season is a write off.

I like Wells but this is the right decision

Wells off? on 12:02 - Jan 30 with 3999 viewsGloucs_R

medical today - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11921449/nahki-wells-set-for-perma

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wells off? on 13:00 - Jan 30 with 3710 viewsbosh67

Would be interesting to know what Well's feeling are. I guess he is a gun for hire but I bet part of him was hoping he would be back or at least left alone until the end of the season. I just hope he doesn't line up against us Saturday. His record of scoring is crazy at our place.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells off? on 13:13 - Jan 30 with 3628 viewsNed_Kennedys

Him playing for us has worked for all parties really:
scored a decent number of goals for us and won us a lot of points
put Nakhi back in the shop window and earnt him a no doubt decent contract and signing on fee
Got Burnley a much bigger ttransfer fee than they would have got if he'd just been in their reserves all season

All the best to Nakhi (starting from Saturday evening of course)

Wells off? on 13:28 - Jan 30 with 3567 viewsderbyhoop

Seems like a done deal. Brownhill to Burnley at a 9m valuation.
Wells to Bristol C in exchange valued at 6m.

We are in no position to compete with those sort of sums.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Wells off? on 13:40 - Jan 30 with 3511 viewsMatch82

Wells value has been going up all day! I've seen figured of 3m, 4m,5m and 6m in various places today.

Guess they can call it whatever they like, only people benefitting from higher figures for both players are presumably the agents negotiating a cut.

Wells off? on 13:44 - Jan 30 with 3492 viewsrsonist

Yeah the reported numbers have been all over the place. I'm still not even sure whether it's Burnley spending 9m and Wells, or if they get the money part back and it comes to them spending 5m.

Wells off? on 14:20 - Jan 30 with 3297 viewsWrightUp5hit___

With him coming to the end of his Burnley contract, he will have negotiated a decent signing on fee from Brizzle on top of whatever they are paying Burnley. Then of course there are the agents fees.

Wells off? on 15:10 - Jan 30 with 3085 viewsconnell10

And Bristol won't go up any time soon!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wells off? on 16:16 - Jan 30 with 2883 viewsrsonist

Wells off? on 16:19 - Jan 30 with 2859 viewsPinnerPaul

bit of a nonsense quote as all EFL clubs 'are restricted' by the same rules!

Wells off? on 16:32 - Jan 30 with 2787 viewsfrancisbowles

I would think any sadness that Wells feels on leaving us is cushioned by Bristol offering him more money than we could. That is probably the main reason that he has agreed to the transfer.

He hasn't asked for a move either so he will also be due a percentage of the fee.

Wells off? on 17:44 - Jan 30 with 2672 viewsQPR_John

Not really that is why I mentioned income stream. I would be surprised if a majority of Championship sides do not have a bigger income stream than us. The restrictions are the same but have a bigger impact on us than others.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 17:46]

Wells off? on 17:50 - Jan 30 with 2637 viewsQPR_John

"Burnley have another 1 year option on Wells, ............................... I also dont see why we couldn't make a pre contract agreement to sign Wells this summer."............."

You answered your question with your first sentence.

Wells off? on 01:50 - Jan 31 with 2180 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Confirmed. Wells has joined Bristol City from Burnley with Josh Brownhill moving in the opposite direction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51320578

Wells off? on 03:09 - Jan 31 with 2137 viewsHooparoo

Just “unfollowed” him on Instagram. Fck him. 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Wells off? on 07:16 - Jan 31 with 1940 viewsjonno

He is a proffessional footballer and was always going to do what was best for himself, financially.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 7:17]

Wells off? on 09:10 - Jan 31 with 1816 viewsDejR_vu

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Wells off? on 14:36 - Jan 31 with 1585 viewsqprphil

All this bullshit about wanting to stay at QPR amazes me. He had one thing on his mind, where do I get the best deal.? Well he's got it at Bristol City, three and a half year deal ++, when that ends he'll be thirty four, so he's done what's right for him, and who wouldn't.

Wells off? on 14:53 - Jan 31 with 1499 viewsgazza1

I was glad when we signed Wells, for the 2nd time, I think he has done well for us this season, I think he has fitted in very well to the teams ethos this season, I think he isn't a bad player, I am disappointed he has decided to leave..........but he isn't an unbelievable striker, he is not Premiership material by a long way, he is not a young lad, he is costing us a tidy penny, so....

......Thanks for your efforts Nakki, good luck for the future, enjoy your life a Bristol City.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024