Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 59387 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 17:58 - Jan 21 with 3798 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It simply boils down to how much clubs are willing to offer and whether Nakki wants to go there. If he doesn't then he can continue the loan safe in the knowledge that he'll be picking up Premier League wages until he lands a contract in the summer. I doubt Burnley will trigger the 1 year extension as that would be committing to another year of salary for a player who is clearly not in Sean Dyche's plans.

Wells off? on 18:08 - Jan 21 with 3735 viewsGloucs_R

He'd no doubt ask Burnley to pay off his contract and then pick up a three year deal somewhere. Last major pay cheque. Good luck to him, overall he's done well whilst on loan... 1 in 3 for a team that's struggled overall. Not a bad return
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 18:47]

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Wells off? on 18:12 - Jan 21 with 3713 viewsDejR_vu

This 100%.

You can’t make a player go somewhere he doesn’t want to go. Also, why would he go now when that transfer fee could be built in to his own contract in the Summer? He’d be mad to do anything other than run his contract down at this stage. But he could end up in Burnley’s U23s for six months if they want to get sh1tty.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Wells off? on 18:24 - Jan 21 with 3647 viewsDWQPR

Nakki does strike me as a person who if settled and enjoying life would not look to change it, maybe he would have done at 21 but probably nudging 30, got a few bob in the bank and at a club where he is thriving on the style of play that clearly suits him, scoring goals and being appreciated he could just decide that he remains happy where he is and even if Burnley wished to recall him, well lets be honest, he could go back but he cannot be forced to move to another club. Any transfer fee would come of a potential signing on fee and at a club like Brizzle he could very much find himself down the pecking order come the start of next season as they certainly have a few quid to spend on players that may be considered better prospects than him. But if he goes he goes and that means that Hugill gets more playing time and either a step up for another youth player or a recall for Oteh.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wells off? on 18:34 - Jan 21 with 3600 viewsconnell10

Blimey his first game for Bristol could be against us!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wells off? on 18:46 - Jan 21 with 3545 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it's highly unlikely that Wells would turn down any decent offer. If he gets a two-year contract on decent wages he'd have to weight that against potentially getting injured in the morning and on the rock n'roll in the summer.

Best of luck to him either way.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells off? on 18:46 - Jan 21 with 3543 viewsLblock

Why would he sign for the Wurzles or anyone else now rather than wait till the summer and negotiate his own signing on fee?

Well... I reckon...

You put a three year deal in front of him now on great wages and offer a signing on fee then he signs it. Reason being he could get injured at anytime between now and the balmy days of the summer and will grab the security.

Burnley will accept whatever they can get rather than risk of going for nish.

Due to his form, current wages and that he's got at least anotehr two years playing at the top of the Championship I cannot see us holding onto him. Shame. Real, real shame as I think hes a great player.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wells off? on 18:47 - Jan 21 with 3530 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Snap.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells off? on 18:53 - Jan 21 with 3494 viewsGloucs_R

Exactly. Imagine he does his ACL in before the end of the season, whilst on loan to us. That could be 9 months out and no guarantee of a decent contract anywhere when he returns.

Got to say, Bristol are in a good financial position at the moment, with a new stadium, decent crowds and it's a great city to live in.

Wigan on the other hand 🙄

Wells off? on 18:56 - Jan 21 with 3476 viewsfrancisbowles

Someone send Brizzle and Burnley a video of his performances in the second half of last season.

If he goes and Hugill isn't playing, we could still field Clarke up front with Bos, Chair and Eze just behind. Not too shabby. Maybe Mlaker will stay and feature a bit more as well.

Wells off? on 19:03 - Jan 21 with 3431 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Burnley run a very tight ship. With only months to run and QPR picking up a percentage of his wages, I doubt Burnley will want to pay off the remainder of his contract. That's why they're looking to sell. As others have alluded to, at 30 Nakki is probably on his last big payday and has to weigh up the risk of getting injured in the next few months versus securing his medium term future now.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 20:02]

Wells off? on 19:10 - Jan 21 with 3392 viewsGloucs_R

If they get a fee, he'll want some of that imo.

Signing fee, transfer fee percentage, all the same thing.

Wells off? on 19:12 - Jan 21 with 3387 viewsSnipper

I understand all this getting injured malarkey, and he’d be right to think like that, but there’s nothing stopping QPR offering him a pre contract right now. He’s free to talk to any club now.
Signing a pre contract gives him that protection.

Wells off? on 19:17 - Jan 21 with 3346 viewsGloucs_R

Would you not put a clause in that contract protecting us? 😉

Wells off? on 19:22 - Jan 21 with 3317 viewsGloucs_R

Could be a cash plus player deal

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-bristol-city-considering-swapping-josh-b

Wells off? on 19:41 - Jan 21 with 3222 viewsbosh67

Wells would still need to agree to this though.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells off? on 19:56 - Jan 21 with 3154 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It depends on the numbers but in principle, yes, if Burnley get a fee Well's agent may request a percentage. This, however, is an entirely different thing to Burnley paying off the remainder of Well's contract. Not the same thing at all.

Wells off? on 23:02 - Jan 21 with 2792 viewsgazza1

I believe that Wells will decide his future.....not Burnley, QPR, Bristol or Wigan. I am sure money will play a big part in any move so I would expect that he will be leaving us unless we can come up with the cash.

Bit of a blow really, fitting in nicely this season.

Wells off? on 23:05 - Jan 21 with 2782 viewsNorthernr

Could easily be, but remember players absolutely love moving on a free transfer because they hoover up the money that would have gone on a transfer fee in the form of increased wages and a big sign on fee. Aaron Ramsey got a gazillion pounds for moving to Juve.

Wells off? on 05:47 - Jan 22 with 2552 viewstimcocking

If it's true, it's a fcuking piss take. What you get for fielding a team composed predominantly of other teams' players i suppose, but no wonder football is so sh!t nowadays.

Wells off? on 07:20 - Jan 22 with 2457 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I can only think of Wells and Amos from Saturday's starting line up

Wells off? on 07:24 - Jan 22 with 2448 viewsGloucs_R

Exactly. A slight over reaction I've would say.

We have 5 loan players. 2 of then haven't really got near the first team this season.

Wells off? on 08:22 - Jan 22 with 2324 viewsHastings_Hoops

I’d love Wells to stay, but for an (albeit very useful) 30 year old, it has to be in terms that suit our strategy. If given the choice between a young upcoming Scottish striker, I think our new philosophy would err on the side of potential re-sale value (and so it should).

Of course only Hoos, Ferdinand and the owners know How much FFP headroom we have, but I doubt it is in the same ball park as Brizzle and so we need to sell before we can splash out these kind of numbers.

Not sure if it is an option, but if we’re not selling anyone in this transfer window, one alternative could be to agree with Burnley a transfer fee and agree to defer payment until the next financial year when we have sold Eze, Manning or Bright? Seems a way of keeping the team together for the season and keeping within FFP restrictions. Stranger things have happened (Chris Samba).

That said, if Wells does go, I think it kills any faint hope of playoffs, but I’m sure Hugill has enough in him to keep us ticking over until Warburton’s second bout of ‘major surgery’ in the summer.

Wells off? on 08:50 - Jan 22 with 2256 viewsWestbourneR

True but it's still a risk for him to wait versus a good move on good wages - and if he tries to run down his contract then I think Burnley will take up the option on the extension, confident in the fact that they'll get a fee out of someone and move him on pretty sharpish.

My gut says it suits all parties (apart from us) to agree a move to Bristol City. We've got almost zero leverage. I think he'll go.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wells off? on 09:46 - Jan 22 with 2061 viewsloftus77

I thought of this - this wouldn't happen in reality would it?

I can't think of any reason why Brizzle wouldn't immediately field their new star striker - but it would just be so wrong on every level. Maybe he would stay on the bench.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024