Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 59386 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 15:20 - Jan 22 with 4661 viewsjonno

Agree.

Wells off? on 17:45 - Jan 22 with 4262 viewsqueensparker

Given all the chatter around him alerting everyone in sight that a decent centre forward is up for grabs, plus the fact he’s got the best goals/minutes stat in the entire Championship (which our team have played a big part in), plus the fact Burnley will grab the money, plus the fact he’s 30 and it’s probably his last chance for a big payday, I think we’d better resign ourselves to the inevitable.

He’ll leave with my very best wishes, and if that Leeds game is his last what a game to go out on. Ironically it was his tireless defending that really impressed on Saturday.

Nahki is a Ranger

Wells off? on 17:59 - Jan 22 with 4191 viewsgolborne

It's his tireless aggression that's made me really like him since he first arrived. Always proper defending from the front

Wells off? on 18:01 - Jan 22 with 4178 viewsRBlock

Some virgin on twitter made one of those mock Twitter accounts pretending to be QPR saying he'd been recalled, so may have been that.

Wells off? on 18:55 - Jan 22 with 3915 viewsBoston

Me too.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wells off? on 19:20 - Jan 22 with 3838 viewssouthbrookstreet

he could be back at loftus road Feb 1st...... against the Rs

Wells off? on 19:37 - Jan 22 with 3759 viewsfrancisbowles

We are getting a bit carried away hear, he has a down side as well, has been guilty of stupid defensive mistakes costing us goals this season, probably second in the list of bad errors.

Also was absolutely awful at the end of his first spell.

Not saying we won't miss him but just putting a bit of perspective into this thread.

Wells off? on 19:47 - Jan 22 with 3708 viewsbosh67

This is kind of up there with the Monty Python line "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells off? on 20:01 - Jan 22 with 3650 viewsdaveB

If this had happend after the Hull game a few weeks ago very few would have cared

Wells off? on 20:22 - Jan 22 with 3566 viewsqueensparker

It’s a side benefit of Warburton’s gung ho tactics too - if we get a reputation for a place where out of favour strikers (Wells / Hugill) can go and tuck 20+ Championship goals in a season and rebuild their reputation then that can only be a good thing. They’ll be lining up to come to us as compared to the Arsenal lad at Leeds etc
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 20:24]

Wells off? on 21:09 - Jan 22 with 3438 viewsNorthernr

Yes there is a certain argument to say that anybody* playing up front for QPR this season is going to score a few goals given the way we play, though I do like Wells.

*Not you Bamford.

Wells off? on 21:33 - Jan 22 with 3353 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not Bamford, naturally. A man who, it seems to me, must have been abducted by Aliens and brainwashed into detesting the sound of leather hitting netting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells off? on 22:34 - Jan 22 with 3183 viewsVancouverHoop

Couple of other factors to throw into the speculative pot.

As noted he's married with a family. He's already played in Carlisle, Bradford, Huddersfield and Burnley. Granted Bristol might be more congenial than any of them, but would your wife and kids want to up-sticks from London on the off-chance?

Second. He's a Bermudan national. I obviously don't know the specifics but I'm pretty sure the tax situation there is very lenient. Meaning whatever he makes in the UK will be worth a fair bit more there. So money, in his case, may not be as critical as it would be for others.

Wells off? on 22:41 - Jan 22 with 3154 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I said to Dag Steve at the Olympia beer festival. 'I'd be very happy if he came back'

He's excided my expectations.

Good luck to him.

Whichever path it leads. (hopefully with us)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Wells off? on 10:10 - Jan 23 with 2728 viewsfrancisbowles

Bosh67

I appreciate his goals, even more so his lucky ones, but were you praising him after the Brentford game?

Wells off? on 10:22 - Jan 23 with 2687 viewsingeminate

If he was playing in Bermuda that would be relevant, but if he's paid in the UK I would have thought he will be paying UK tax. The cost of living in Bermuda is one of the highest in the world so I'd say there is every reason to think he'll be wanting to earn as much as possible.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Wells off? on 15:23 - Jan 23 with 2270 viewsAntti_Heinola

Club hinting he ain't going anywhere...

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 15:27 - Jan 23 with 2239 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wells off? on 15:36 - Jan 23 with 2167 viewsLongsufferingR

Hang on, isn't that Bristol City's training ground?

Wells off? on 15:40 - Jan 23 with 2136 viewsdavman

He is wearing red after all...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wells off? on 15:48 - Jan 23 with 2078 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Forest now in the mix. As if they didn't have enough players....

Wells off? on 15:48 - Jan 23 with 2076 viewstimeforheroes

Forest now in for him too according to Dave Mac

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/bristol-city-want-wells-nottingham-forest-01

Wells off? on 15:59 - Jan 23 with 2002 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jesus, don't mention training grounds!!!

Wells off? on 16:00 - Jan 23 with 1992 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We're in for him, an' all.

"Rangers have long planned to hold talks with Burnley about the possibility of signing him on a permanent deal this month rather than waiting until the summer, when his contract expires."

Wells off? on 16:01 - Jan 23 with 1988 viewsdistortR

Having played alongside you, I'm quite surprised that you're aware of the concept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024