Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 59366 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 09:50 - Jan 24 with 3532 viewsdaveB

Pretty sure they signed Clarke as a replacement in case Wells goes

Wells off? on 09:53 - Jan 24 with 3508 viewsLowerloftLad

There really is no panic from burnely they have already made a loss on wells the transfer fee wont even break even as huddersfield have a 15% sell on fee 4mill is chicken feed for Burnley these days

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Wells off? on 10:14 - Jan 24 with 3401 viewsjohnhoop

I would have thought that would be more to do with insurance in case we lost Bright. Don’t really see Clarke as any kind of replacement for Wells.
Unless the plan if we lose Wells is to play both Bright and Clarke as flying wingers, with the aim of getting masses of crosses in to Hugill.

Wells off? on 10:23 - Jan 24 with 3372 viewsterryb

An approach is not a bid. It is certainly possible they enquired as to his availability & valuation, but that does not mean they have made an offer.

BTW, I've seen a few times you mention Freeman moving to Leeds from Sheffield United. Where did this come from please, as I've not seen anything from those two clubs with regard to this?

Wells off? on 11:02 - Jan 24 with 3250 viewsGloucs_R

Paper talk... It's all gossip. I'm not claiming to be ITK

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Wells off? on 14:09 - Jan 24 with 3028 viewsPinnerPaul

Soooo following Sean Dych's comments I can add this to the 95% b*****x pile.

Wells off? on 14:13 - Jan 24 with 2995 viewsrsonist

Not really.

"But there’s always a break clause, to suit both teams, and the player [...] he is one of ours so we are in control of that situation.”

= If we get a good bid and he fancies it we'll pull him.

Wells off? on 14:22 - Jan 24 with 2952 viewsPinnerPaul

Bit of selective quoting there!

He also said

“I don’t think we’ll interrupt him at this moment in time,” the Clarets boss said.
“It seems to be going well, and do you need to affect that? There is a break clause. We try to be as honourable as we can, and honour the contract if we say it’s for a season. But there’s always a break clause, to suit both teams, and the player.
“He is going along nicely, we keep tabs on him and know what he is doing. I know Mark Warburton well and he is very pleased with him.

Wells off? on 14:26 - Jan 24 with 2923 viewsrsonist

A commitment that they're not going to recall him for no reason. Slow clap.

Wells off? on 14:28 - Jan 24 with 2912 viewsRBlock

For context, these quotes were reported in WLS on 10 January, so prior to the spike in interest which may obviously change the situation.

Wells off? on 14:34 - Jan 24 with 2861 viewsPinnerPaul

What?!!!!!!!!

Why would they or anyone else EVER recall a player for 'no reason'

You're making no sense now and not what those quotes imply at all!

Wells off? on 14:50 - Jan 24 with 2792 viewsRblockPrior

Burnley official site have now confirmed the interest. https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2020/january/clarets-consider-wells-opt

I can not see him being a QPR player come February.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Wells off? on 14:54 - Jan 24 with 2767 viewsPinnerPaul

Have to wait & see I guess - still 'options' available as Mr D points out

Fingers crossed!

Wells off? on 15:01 - Jan 24 with 2742 viewsAntti_Heinola

i'd be surprised if he's not here.

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 15:04 - Jan 24 with 2725 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I wonder if he will play tonight?

I can't see it but it would be quite a statement if he did.

Wells off? on 15:10 - Jan 24 with 2686 viewsrsonist

That's my point. All Dyche has said is precisely that, and that if the situation changes in their favour then it will do so. Nothing new that isn't obvious and that we didn't already know. No guarantee that he will stay as you seem to be reading. As proven by the Burnley site posting the same quotes now.

Wells off? on 15:11 - Jan 24 with 2679 viewsAntti_Heinola

can't see why he wouldn't, other than it's Jordan's turn to start. Even then I expect him to be on the bench.

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 15:19 - Jan 24 with 2638 viewsNW5Hoop

£4m is not chicken feed for Burnley. Last year they recorded their record profit — £36.6m. So $4m for Wells would be more than 10% of that. That's not to be sniffed at. Burnley's average player salary is £1.6m, so £4m is two and a half years' wages for a first team player. That's not money they would want to throw away.

Wells off? on 16:04 - Jan 24 with 2502 viewsAntti_Heinola

OK I am missing something here.
Why on earth would any club in this league, barring a sort of Aston Villa from last season type, pay £4m for a 29 yo striker who has 4 months left on his contract? Even if they did, Burnley would not be getting £4m of that - more like £3m after Wells has received money to pay up his contract.
In my view all any club is going to offer is essentially what's left of his wages until the end of the season, and all Burnley can realistically hope for is to recoup that remaining money. Could be wrong, but you'd have to be incredibly silly or desperate to offer anything like that money in the hopes that the 8 goals or so he'd be likely to score between now and Ma is going to win you promotion.

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 16:09 - Jan 24 with 2468 viewsGloucs_R

It will be more like 2m

They have a year extn option.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Wells off? on 16:27 - Jan 24 with 2369 viewsJeff

which they categorically will not take up on

Extending Well's contract by a year a day before they flip him to Bristol City (for example) will not guarantee them more money due to length of contract as Bristol will already be aware that he's not in Burnley's plans - why would they offer more just because Burnley arbitrarily add a year onto his contract?

What it will do however is almost certainly trigger numerous loyalty payments to Wells, his agent and various other 'downstream' payments to Huddersfield and the like. it would probably cost money to Burnley to take up the option on his contract, and that's not even factoring in the actual cost of wages, which Nakhi could quite happily just decide to pick up and not agree to a move.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 16:28]

Can we not knock it?

Wells off? on 16:27 - Jan 24 with 2366 viewsCroydonCaptJack

If it is £2m we might be in with a shout.

Wells off? on 16:48 - Jan 24 with 2288 viewsrsonist

Definitely, but clubs still do it all the time and the desperation is realer than ever. The logic will be that this season is a golden opportunity for promotion in terms of weak playing field and for many also a last chance before the FFP paddling they're already guaranteed to get.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 16:49]

Wells off? on 16:52 - Jan 24 with 2261 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm not sure I've ever seen a champ club pay £4m in Jan for a 29 yo who is out of contract shortly. Any examples?
As I said, no club likely to offer more than what the remainder of his contract is worth - imo.

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 17:06 - Jan 24 with 2174 viewsrsonist

Nothing that extreme off the top of my head, but I was thinking more of average in-form strikers picked up for the home straight just in case and then inevitably discarded. Gary Madine going to Cardiff for £6m the other year for instance. That mid season purgatory of Leon Bests and Leon Clarkes.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 17:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024