Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo 16:50 - Jan 31 with 3407 viewsNoDiddley

1) Boo or clap?
2) Who gives a flying, he wasn't ours anyway?
3) They don't play him?

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 16:58 - Jan 31 with 3353 viewsdaveB

clap before and after, boo during is the most likely scenario

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 17:06 - Jan 31 with 3301 viewsdavman

Should be indifferent before and during the game, then react to how he reacts to us.

Score a hattrick for them - just f-off.
A hattrick of own goals cheer him from the rafters.

Bottom line is that for all the talk of how much he loves us, he could have refused terms with Bristol C. He didn't because he needs a job. A job. That is all this is to them, people, a way of making money. He was great most of this season, but now he's gone, he's gone.

Just another opposition player who always scores against us.

Meh.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 17:10 - Jan 31 with 3275 viewsQPR_John

Completely indifferent will not clap or boo. As has been said just another opposition player.

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 17:13 - Jan 31 with 3244 viewsLblock

He'll have got a signing on fee
He'll be on more wages than we could've paid
He'll be eyeing a promotion bonus

As noted above, could've turned that down to sign for us... but he didn't... and who can blame him?

I appreciate what he did and his workrate (plus his kind words), apart from that he's another players who came, earnt and went.

He'll score tomorrow and I'll make a few quid meself

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 17:39 - Jan 31 with 3143 viewsMytch_QPR

If we all turn our backs to the pitch in protest we won't have to watch him score.

No point crying over spilt milk, as other posters have pointed out on the original thread, this is the risk you run when you play the loan market. We still might have an exciting Harry-style transfer deadline frenzy... is Peter Odemwingie still playing???

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 17:41 - Jan 31 with 3133 viewsHayesender

Hopefully we'll be 3-0 up with 10 to go, and we can sing the old classic, "stayed at the rangers, you should ave stayed at the rangers"

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 18:16 - Jan 31 with 3006 viewsToast_R

That would be nice

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 18:17 - Jan 31 with 3002 viewsHastings_Hoops

When Ferdinand left and notwithstanding the fact that Wilkins squandered the cash, people should have been genuinely devastated, but it was accepted as it was a financial model which had worked for the club for decades (but cheap and sell high). He was one of our own, brought through the ranks and stayed for a good few years, signing new contracts along the way (eg, loyalty). He rightfully got a great reception that game that he came back and Dichio scored 2 and he scored 1.

Wells was at QPR for 18 months on loan, of which 12 months were productive. He was never our player. He is a good Championship player. Quite likeable. Probably deserves a little acknowledgement. End of.

I do think this has moved to ridiculous hyperbole and some of the cr8p spouted on social media is laughable.

Amit, Lee, Les and Warbs have proved to me that they have taken the club back from the lunatics who previously held the wheel and spun off into ditches at every turn. This Wells nonsense was the first real test of their resolve and authority. Credit to them.

Exciting summer coming up and looking forward to a strong squad next year once top dollar is made from BOS and Eze and I’m relieved we’ve got Warburton and not Wilkins spending the cash!
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 18:19]

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 20:03 - Jan 31 with 2760 viewsDejR_vu

Agree that it was a test of resolve but i’m not convinced it’s for the reason people are assuming. I don’t think the board are doing it to build a sustainable club, I just think they’re trying to limit their financial input as much as possible. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Eze, BOS sold in the Summer and MW still having to go and find free transfers and loans. Hope i’m wrong but time will tell I guess.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 20:47 - Jan 31 with 2680 viewsCincyHoop

I don't know exactly how to put this, and I don't mean it to sound offensive or standoffish. Most of the readers will probably see this post and think, what a naive Yank whose country is all corporate and has no tie to the local community. And maybe that is true, I guess?

I don't get some peoples infatuation with certain players with regards to loyalty and "playing for the badge". In a perfect world, yes, each player would sacrifice everything for the club and give 110% for every game whether it is away at Blackburn or home against Chelsea, and in the meantime, take pay cuts compared to what they would receive on the open market because they are settled in. But do you know how realistic that is, truly realistic? How many of you guys would take a 40% paycut to live in one of the most expensive cities on planet earth to play a game where if you make a mistake, half the supporters are in your mentions on twitter telling you to Fvck off?

I just don't get it, while they are all paid very handsomely, they are paid what they are worth, which is what someone is willing to pay them. I'd love to see a group of 15k people stand behind you in your office cube ridicule you and tell you to fvck off if you misspell a word or don't input the correct formula in Microsoft Excel.

I wouldn't boo if I were there, I'd probably give a subtle golf clap if I was at Loftus road tomorrow when they announce his name. Barring him scoring a winner, running over and holding the Bristol City badge out, I'd feel wholeheartedly indifferent. Its Nahki's career to support his family. Football is literally a means to an end for all of these players, much as it is for many of you. Its not personal? I highly doubt he loved QPR as much as he said he did when giving an interview, and he probably isn't as delighted about playing for Bristol City (outside of his new contract and potential promotion bonus) as what he said in the press release. He would say the same thing if he was signing for Brighton, or Accrington Stanley.

“Everything here is fantastic: the club, the facility, the stadium and everything looks like it is moving in the right direction and it’s something I’m looking forward to embracing very soon.” --- He is just simply placating to the supporters to buy him some goodwill. And guess what, I don't blame him 1 bit. Why would you say anything other than that?

Who gives a rip, just know that these players don't give a rip about you like they think they do, its a paycheck, and that's it.

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 21:14 - Jan 31 with 2582 viewsBoston

I liked Wells before he signed for us, I don't see why I shouldn't now that he's gone.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 22:57 - Jan 31 with 2426 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Exactly! So fvck him! Was never ''our" player. Did what he had to to do to get his next contract. Did reasonably well for good money while here, but now he's gone. Now we all move on.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 22:57]

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 23:14 - Jan 31 with 2387 viewsW12SG2

Nothing against wells, Bristol fans will be cnuuts about it though so I'm going to enjoy our win tomorrow..fck em

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 23:48 - Jan 31 with 2322 viewstimcocking

His efforts for us were absolutely 100%, so i'll always have a soft spot for him. Really like him.

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 02:34 - Feb 2 with 2068 viewsHooparoo

What sort of reception did Nakhi get when he came on? Was he brave enough to wave to the Loft?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 02:41 - Feb 2 with 2058 viewsBoston

He was applauded....by both sets of fans.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 02:52 - Feb 2 with 2055 viewsHooparoo

Thanks Boston. I think our hopes of a top half finish left with him this week

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 10:14 - Feb 2 with 1802 viewsDejR_vu

Applauded on, and again by a few in R Block during open play when he came over before fouling Eze, which I thought was weird.

He was around the Loft penalty area at the final whistle, spent some time talking to our players individually, ended up in the centre circle. Those left in R Block by that time tried to applaud him again a few times when he glanced over. He gave us a very brief clap and wandered off towards the tunnel. My lad was disappointed he didn’t come over. I was a bit surprised he didn’t given what he’d been saying about how much he liked being here, but on the other hand not really that surprised.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 11:55 - Feb 2 with 1691 viewsWatford_Ranger

Feel if he’d left before the Cardiff game opinions wouldn’t be so kind about him. Excellent last few weeks ending with the Leeds fun but over the entirety of his time here I’m not sure he deserves the near-legendary status bestowed upon him by some fans.

Good luck to him and all that but I’m glad we aren’t obligated to pay him silly money for three years. Would take him back at the right price if Bristol go up and decide he’s not up to the Prem at 31/32.

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 10:32 - Feb 3 with 1471 viewsfrancisbowles

I was amazed that our fans, around me, stood to applaud him as he came on
as sub for the opposition!

He wasn't a club legend, he was a loaner!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 10:33]

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 10:40 - Feb 3 with 1434 viewsAntti_Heinola

i hate people being nice too. Absolute counts, the lot of them. How dare they?

Bare bones.

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 11:36 - Feb 3 with 1346 viewsLunarJetman

He was never going to come over after the game. In fairness, I don't think it would have gone down too well with his new club if he was over with our fans, especially after just a loan.

I thought his message to us on twitter/instagram or whatever platform it was on was heartfelt and genuine. Seemed much warmer than the pinned message he left for his parent club.

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 11:47 - Feb 3 with 1330 viewsTacticalR

He's a man with multiple relationships.

Air hostess clique

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 13:19 - Feb 3 with 1285 viewsQPR_John

It is not a question of being nice. Of course returning players should not be booed but surely it devalues the reception if every returning player gets cheered. Wells was not a legend.

The Return Of Nikki Nakhi Noo on 19:52 - Feb 3 with 1195 viewsfrancisbowles

Time and a place Antti.

Not when the opposition sub comes on who has just made the decision, and I don't blame him for it, to leave us for a better offer.

A polite clap maybe, but a standing ovation?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024