Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grayson Gone 16:07 - Feb 12 with 636 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Club News

Club Statement: Simon Grayson

Blackpool Football Club can confirm that Simon Grayson has today been relieved of his duties as first-team manager.

The Club would like to thank Simon for his efforts during his time back at Bloomfield Road and wish him well for the future.

A further announcement will follow in due course.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/club-statement-simon-grayson/

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Grayson Gone on 10:36 - Feb 13 with 261 viewsspell_chekker

Five potential candidates to replace Simon Grayson at Blackpool

Blackpool are in the hunt for a new manager to replace Simon Grayson. Here are five potential candidates for the job-

David Dunn- He has been placed in caretaker charge of the Tangerines and is an option. He joined the club as a coach last month having previously managed Oldham Athletic. The 40 year old had spells at Blackburn Rovers and Birmingham City as a player.

Nathan Jones- The Welshman is looking to get back into the dugout after a dismal spell at Stoke City. He did an impressive job at Luton Town and guided them to promotion to League One. Could Blackpool give him another opportunity now?

Paul Heckingbottom- He has experience of getting promoted to the Championship with Barnsley in 2016. The former Leeds United boss is available after being sacked by Scottish Premiership side Hibernian in early November and could be considered by Blackpool.

Paul Heckingbottom.

Ian Evatt- The former defender spent seven years as a player for the Tangerines and is being linked with a return as manager now. He has guided Barrow to the top of the National League this season and is on course to get them promoted to the Football League. Would he leave at this stage of the campaign?

Ian Holloway- He got Blackpool to the Premier League in 2010 and is a vastly experienced manager having also managed the likes of QPR, Leicester City, Crystal Palace and Millwall. He is currently in League Two at Grimsby Town but is another possible target for his former side.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Grayson Gone on 10:39 - Feb 13 with 260 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Not Dunn or Holloway.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Grayson Gone on 12:36 - Feb 13 with 252 viewsspell_chekker

Out of the 5 in that article we may as well go for Evatt.

Jones in second place.

There could well be other candidates we don't know about.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Grayson Gone on 12:36 - Feb 13 with 252 viewsspell_chekker

Do you see the caretaker being in situ for a fair while or do you think we'll move swiftly?

Grayson Gone on 13:10 - Feb 13 with 250 viewsLala

I personally think he’ll move swiftly. We aren’t the disorganised shambles we used to be.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Grayson Gone on 13:22 - Feb 13 with 247 viewsROTTWEILERS

I remember losing cash that I'd bet on Thommo being our next manager. Think he only had to manage 1-2 more games and the bookies would've paid out.

Never again.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Grayson Gone on 13:58 - Feb 13 with 243 viewsspell_chekker

Sadler will use the correct process to choose the next manager but he surely won't drag his feet.

We should have news fairly soon unless our choice isn't available until summer and we have to wait to land our man.

Grayson Gone on 16:29 - Feb 13 with 240 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Grayson Gone on 18:17 - Feb 13 with 234 viewsspell_chekker

Chisnall's really defending Grayson in his interview.

I can understand what he's saying but really, he doesn't mention in the slightest how bad it had all got.

Grayson Gone on 19:20 - Feb 13 with 233 viewsImperial

I would have not pulled the trigger until the end of the season. We are not fighting relegation.

Evatt is my choice and there is no certainty he would accept the position if it was offered at this stage of a successful season with Barrow and a possible first promotion.

Grayson Gone on 21:37 - Feb 13 with 229 viewsspell_chekker

Nathan Jones and Charlie Adam among favourites to be new Blackpool manager

Former Stoke City manager Nathan Jones is the early bookies' favourite to replace Simon Grayson at Blackpool - but is tipped to have competition from his old midfielder and Blackpool favourite Charlie Adam.

Grayson was sacked this morning after a run of one win in 12, seeing them drop from fourth in mid-December to 15th in League One as it stands. He had only returned to the club in July last year.

Armand Gnanduillet has 18 goals to his name but Blackpool have relied on him heavily and are now 13 points outside the play-off places with 15 games remaining.

Jones has been out of work since leaving Stoke in October following a very difficult 10 months. He had built his reputation at Luton Town, taking them from the bottom half of League Two to the cusp of League One in just three years.

He is odds-on with SkyBet (4/6) to get the gig, followed by Paul Heckingbottom (3/1), Ryan Ian Evatt (6/1) and David Dunn (7/1).

Bristol Rovers reportedly approached him in December but he was said to have turned down the chance in hope he could return to a job in the Championship.

He admitted last month that a rest was probably for the best, saying: "I think it’s needed. It’s difficult to do! At 16 I left school and went and signed for Cardiff as an apprentice and now I’m sat here at 46, having pretty much worked every day.

"I’ve never had any time off in November or December. It’s been tough on one hand because I’m used to working and I love my job but I think it’s been necessary because it was quite an intense time, the four years I’ve been a manager.

"At Luton we were always competing at the right end of the table and the pressure was always to win games.

"Then we came in here, into Stoke, and we had to change a few things there and every day we had to fight to do certain things. It’s a great club, I loved working there but we had a tough time. We didn’t get the results we probably needed."

Adam is an interesting name on the short list... even if he does come in at 25/1; eighth favourite behind former Stoke coach and Blackpool forward Kevin Phillips (20/1).

He left Stoke last summer after seven years with the club, scoring memorable goals against Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea. He was linked with a return to Blackpool but instead joined up with Reading, where he has been used regularly by ex-Stoke number two Mark Bowen.

The 34-year-old has never hidden his love for Blackpool and welcomed the arrival of Simon Sadler as new owner - and departure of the Oystons - in June, telling Radio Lancashire: “It’s great news and I can imagine there will be a buzz around the place.

“I think the season ticket sales will soar again now because they know that someone else is in control of the club. Hopefully, the club can get itself into a position now where it can be challenging for promotion.

“It’s a new era. It’s something new after 30 years of having the Oystons in charge. It’s something everyone was looking forward to because a change was needed and now we look forward to the new ownership.”

He has scored twice in 22 appearances for Reading and has been taking his coaching badges over recent years, as well as dipping his toe into media work.

Grayson Gone on 21:40 - Feb 13 with 229 viewsspell_chekker

Grayson Gone on 21:43 - Feb 13 with 225 viewsspell_chekker

Grayson Gone on 21:46 - Feb 13 with 221 viewsspell_chekker

Grayson Gone on 21:53 - Feb 13 with 220 viewsspell_chekker

An interesting Nixon tweet:

Grayson Gone on 21:58 - Feb 13 with 220 viewsspell_chekker

Article about why Jones should be appointed:

https://www.thesackrace.com/news/13th-february-2020/six-reasons-why-blackpool-sh

Grayson Gone on 11:24 - Feb 14 with 216 viewsspell_chekker

Grayson Gone on 11:25 - Feb 14 with 216 viewsspell_chekker

Ollie is sticking his nose in other people's business.

Grayson Gone on 12:17 - Feb 14 with 212 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

He didn't have to watch us over the past couple of months. He is right though generally about giving Managers time though.

Find the social media reaction to that article quite funny, about how he left us (ie The Oystons) and should have shown us (again the Oystons) more loyalty. Some of the reactions are just as hypocritical as what they are accusing Holloway of.

Should take the heat off BRR's blog.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 12:18]

Grayson Gone on 10:04 - Feb 15 with 203 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Former Blackpool man wasn’t surprised by Simon Grayson’s departure from Bloomfield Road

Blackpool legend Gary Taylor-Fletcher says the writing was on the wall for Simon Grayson when he began to criticise and blame his own players.

It comes after the 50-year-old was given the sack on Wednesday following the 3-2 defeat to Gillingham the night before.

It brings an end to Grayson’s seven-month second spell at the club, where he had overseen a dismal run of just one win from their last 12 games.

Gazette columnist Taylor-Fletcher believes that didn’t give owner Simon Sadler much of a choice.

“The writing is on the wall for any manager as soon as they start blaming external factors and blaming the players,” he said.

“It looks as though a few of the players weren’t happy and I said in last week’s column that, when you change so many players halfway through the season, then it can be a few too many.

“There’s definitely something not right there and unfortunately for Simon it’s cost him his job.

“You don’t know who is making the signings within the club, whether it was Simon or whether he’s given the club a list of what he wants and they’ve picked ones off it they think are suitable.

“Twelve players coming in, especially in January, is a big turnaround, especially when the team weren’t on the greatest run anyway.

“It wasn’t long ago the team were fourth in the league and two points off the top two, yet now they’re 15th.

“They’re just lucky they don’t need to look over their shoulders as much with the teams down there having points deducted and things like that.

“It was probably the right time to get someone in to give the new man until the end of the season to assess the players and then move forward from there.”

Taylor-Fletcher, who has already revealed to The Gazette that he is interested in taking the manager’s job, also suggested Grayson’s style of football wasn’t what the supporters wanted to see.

“The fans want someone who is going to go and play attacking football and have a go, a bit like Ian Holloway used to do when he would go and attack and try and win games,” he added.

“I’m not saying that Simon didn’t do that, but we know he’s very organised and very structured in how he plays.

“I think the fans wanted a more charismatic, dynamic manager.

“You could see even when he was appointed that some of the fans were against him already because of the style of football he played last time.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/former-blackpool-

Grayson Gone on 05:57 - Feb 17 with 193 viewsspell_chekker

From Mitch Cook:

https://mclfoot.blogspot.com/

Grayson Gone on 21:14 - Mar 2 with 126 viewsspell_chekker

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024