February "> February ">
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunn Caretaker 20:50 - Feb 12 with 208 viewsspell_chekker

[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 20:55]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Dunne Caretaker on 20:51 - Feb 12 with 204 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

My CV is on it's way as we speak.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Dunne Caretaker on 20:54 - Feb 12 with 200 viewsspell_chekker

David Dunn Placed In Caretaker Charge

First-Team Coach Steps Up On Interim Basis

Blackpool Football Club can announce that David Dunn has been placed in caretaker charge of the first-team.

The Seasiders’ First-Team Coach steps up to the role following the departure of Simon Grayson. The Club can also confirm that Assistant Manager Ian Miller has now left his position with The Seasiders.

Chief Executive Ben Mansford said:

“I would like to thank Simon Grayson and Ian Miller for all their hard work since I joined the Club. Simon is a proper football man and someone I enjoyed working alongside. Unfortunately, despite Simon’s best efforts, the results did not come over recent times. I wish Simon and Ian all the very best for the future.”

Owner Simon Sadler added:

“Given his past success here, Simon Grayson will always be a part of the Club’s history and I would like to wish both him and Ian Miller well for the future.

“While the process of appointing a new manager gets underway, I would like to thank David Dunn for agreeing to take charge in the interim.”

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Dunn Caretaker on 20:54 - Feb 12 with 198 viewsspell_chekker

I'm going to make all sorts of wild assumptions here.

Appointing Dunn as caretaker means that it's not going to be Heckingbottom as permanent manager.

Heckingbottom is available and would already have been consulted and appointed swiftly, much in the way that Grayson was after TMc's departure.

Had it been Heckingbottom, there would have been no need for a caretaker appointment.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 20:58]

Dunn Caretaker on 21:04 - Feb 12 with 184 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

It'll be interesting to see what team he picks on Saturday. Will Nuttall start?

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Dunn Caretaker on 21:28 - Feb 12 with 177 viewsROTTWEILERS

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Dunn Caretaker on 13:57 - Feb 13 with 153 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Who is Blackpool's caretaker boss David Dunn? What did he do as a player and what coaching experience does he have?

Blackpool’s new caretaker boss David Dunn is a name many of you will already be familiar with due to his successful playing career.

Known as a skillful, goalscoring midfielder, the 40-year-old enjoyed 18 years as a player, beginning his career with Blackburn Rovers where he came through the youth ranks.

The Great-Harwood born midfielder ended up making 136 appearances during his initial five-year stay at Ewood Park, scoring 30 goals.

His form even earned him an England call-up in 2001 but he didn’t win his first cap until 2002 in a game against Portugal, when he replaced Steven Gerrard at half-time.

In the summer of 2003, Dunn moved to Birmingham City for a £5.5m fee, making 69 appearances during his four years with the club.

He sealed a return to Blackburn in 2007 where he stayed until 2015, making a further 180 appearances for the club.

Upon his departure, the midfielder linked up with Oldham Athletic yet only made eight appearances for the club.

He was, however, put in interim charge at Boundary Park in September 2015 following the sacking of Darren Kelly.

His tenure lasted just three months, departing after leaving Oldham in 22nd place in League One having won just three of his 20 games in charge.

He later returned to Blackburn for a third spell, this time in a coaching capacity to work alongside his former teammate Damien Johnson in the academy setup as Under 23s Assistant Coach.

He would then go on to earn a promotion to first-team coach when Tony Mowbray arrived at the club as manager.

Dunn was appointed Blackpool’s first-team coach in January, linking up with Simon Grayson, only for the manager to get the sack just over a month later.

Despite assistant manager Ian Miller joining Grayson in leaving the club, Dunn will remain in a caretaker role and will take charge of his first game against Bristol Rovers this weekend.

Owner Simon Sadler said: “Given his past success here, Simon Grayson will always be a part of the club’s history and I would like to wish both him and Ian Miller well for the future.

“While the process of appointing a new manager gets underway, I would like to thank David Dunn for agreeing to take charge in the interim.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/who-blackpools-ca

Dunn Caretaker on 10:15 - Feb 14 with 145 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

David Dunn speaks for the first time since being installed as Blackpool's caretaker manager

Blackpool's caretaker boss David Dunn says he has no intention of taking the manager's job on a permanent basis.

Simon Grayson’s former first-team coach has been given the role on an interim basis while the club begins its search for a new manager.

It comes after Grayson was sacked on Wednesday after overseeing a run of just one win in 12 games.

Dunn took charge of his first training session with the players this morning and will now lead the team for the first time at Bristol Rovers on Saturday.

When asked if he would want the job beyond his caretaker spell, Dunn said: “No.

“The owner and (chief executive) Ben Mansford have just told me to take the reins and just to be positive and get as many points as I can - and that’s what I’m going to do.

“I’ve no intention to become the manager.

“I’m enjoying my time back in football, it’s six weeks now being back on the grass and I want to coach.

“But in terms of being a manager, no I don’t want that.”

The 40-year-old only arrived at Bloomfield Road at the start of January to link up with his close friend Grayson.

While assistant manager Ian Miller has followed Grayson to the exit door, Dunn has stuck around to oversee things while Sadler and co identity a new boss.

When asked if he’s being given a certain number of games, Dunn replied: “No, not really.

“I’ve just got to do my best, try and prepare the players the best we can on the pitch and let’s see where that takes us.

“But hopefully there will be a new manager coming in shortly and then we can see what that brings.

“I just want to give my best, prepare the team as best as I can and hopefully pick a team that can put a good performance in - that’s all I can do.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/david-dunn-speaks

Dunn Caretaker on 13:51 - Feb 14 with 139 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Why Blackpool's caretaker boss David Dunn says stepping into Simon Grayson's shoes puts him in a 'difficult position'

Caretaker manager David Dunn admits he doesn’t feel entirely comfortable stepping into the shoes of the man who brought him to Blackpool.

The former first-team coach took charge of training for the first time yesterday following Simon Grayson’s sacking on Wednesday.

The 40-year-old, who has already stated he doesn’t want the job on a permanent basis, will now take charge of the Seasiders for Saturday’s trip to Bristol Rovers.

While Dunn accepts it is his “responsibility” to step up to the plate, the former Blackburn Rovers midfielders concedes it is a strange position to be in.

He said: “It doesn’t always sit comfortably when a manager has brought you in and then you end up getting asked to take the team for the weekend’s game.

“It’s a difficult position but I spoke to Simon about it and I suppose I’ve got a professional job to do.

“I’m committed to doing the best I can for Blackpool, but I’m sure there will be a manager coming in sooner rather than later.

“Up until that point, I’ve just got to do my best to get the most positive results I can for the football club.”

Grayson was relieved of his duties in the wake of Tuesday night’s 3-2 defeat to Gillingham, having overseen a run of just one win in 12 games.

While Dunn admits the results weren’t good enough, he says everyone involved must take a share of the blame.

“It’s strange circumstances for us all really, but we all feel we’ve got a responsibility to do better,” he added.

“I’ve only been here a short space of time and I’m trying to make my own impact, so I think we’ve all got to take a look at ourselves, take a look in the mirror and ask if we’ve done everything possible to help the situation.

“That’s all we can do going forward. We’ve got to try and prepare the team to get a performance and hopefully a result on Saturday and that’s what we’ll be looking to do.

“As coaches we don’t always get things right but we’re employed and committed to Blackpool to do our best on and off the pitch.

“It’s certainly not through the lack of hard work from the manager or any of his coaching staff and I think you can see that from the last couple of performances.

“It’s just the players’ confidence has taken a bit of a hit, but that can change with some positive results.

“They’re a really good group, they’re an honest group, and you can tell they all want to do well for Blackpool.”

Having spoken to Grayson, Dunn revealed how disappointed the 50-year-old was about his failure to make things work in his second spell with the club.

“He was obviously very disappointed, as we all were,” the caretaker boss said.

“We felt we could have turned it around but sometimes that’s taken out of your hands.

“We’ve got to look forward now and do our best going forward, which starts on Saturday.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/why-blackpools-ca

Dunn Caretaker on 10:10 - Feb 15 with 124 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool caretaker boss David Dunn has learned from his former role at Oldham Athletic

David Dunn believes his tricky spell as manager of Oldham Athletic will hold him in good stead for his caretaker role at Blackpool.

He takes charge of his first game today at Bristol Rovers, having taken on the job on an interim basis following the sacking of Simon Grayson.

It will be Dunn’s first managerial experience since departing Boundary Park in 2016, when the former Blackburn Rovers player took the job on a permanent basis after initially replacing Darren Kelly as player-manager.

But Dunn’s tenure lasted just three months, the former England international winning just three of his 20 games in charge to leave Oldham in 22nd place in the League One table.

Dunn, who admits the experience came far too soon, believes it will act as a useful learning curve for what’s to come at Blackpool.

“I think it will stand me in good stead,” he told The Gazette.

“I was nowhere near ready bearing in mind I had only just finished playing.

“Going from being a player-manager, when I was a player among the lads in the dressing room to suddenly being given the role of manager, I found it difficult.

“I’m always pretty honest with myself when it comes to evaluating my own performances and it’s fair to say I felt ready at the time, but looking back I wasn’t.

“Since then, I’ve coached an Under-23 team at Blackburn for three or four years so I’ve got a decent experience there.

“I’ve relished the opportunity of coming back in as first-team coach under Simon (Grayson), so I’m enjoying being back out on the grass.

“I feel that’s what I’m good at, so hopefully we can crack on and get a positive result at Bristol Rovers on Saturday.”

Dunn, who said he has no interest in taking the manager’s job permanently, only arrived a month ago.

He was brought in as first-team coach by Grayson, only for his boss to lose his job following Tuesday night’s 3-2 defeat at home to Gillingham.

While Dunn accepts it’s a results-based business and it’s the manager who always gets the blame, the former Premier League man said perhaps the players need to take a look at themselves as well.

“There were 12 ins and 12 outs in January, so a lot of the players in the dressing room have been brought in by the manager,” he said.

“Naturally they feel, I’d imagine, a little bit of responsibility and maybe some of them might feel they have let him down, I don’t know.

“But we’ve certainly got to move forward now and get the positive result that everyone is craving.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-caretak

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024