Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread 17:23 - Feb 13 with 298 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 20:03 - Feb 13 with 292 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 20:15 - Feb 13 with 290 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Team :- Who knows!

Maxwell

Moore Heneghan Husband

Feeney Virtue Ronan MacDonald

Delfouneso Dewsbury-Hall

Gnanduillet

3 - 4 - 2 - 1 formation

Score:- a thumping 4 - 1 win as we owe them

Away Attn :- 365

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 21:12 - Feb 13 with 288 viewsspell_chekker

BRISTOL ROVERS CHARACTERISTICS

+ STRENGTHS +
Coming back from losing positions: Strong
Defending set pieces: Strong

- WEAKNESSES -
Keeping possession of the ball: Weak
Finishing scoring chances: Weak
Avoiding offside: Weak
Defending against skillful players: Weak
Defending against attacks down the wings: Very Weak
Defending against through ball attacks: Very Weak

Bristol Rovers's Style of Play:-
Long balls
Take long shots
Take a lot of shots
Play with width
Rotate their first eleven

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 21:18 - Feb 13 with 287 viewsspell_chekker

Bristol Rovers: Memorial Stadium
Capacity: 12,300
Club Nickname: Pirates or The Gas
Year Ground Opened: 1921

What is the Memorial Stadium like?

The Memorial Ground was originally the home of Bristol Rugby Club. Although the Rugby Club are no longer in residence and Bristol Rovers FC have been there for over 20 years, the odd-looking stands still make it feel as though football was not its first love.

On one side is the Your Electrical (West) Stand, which with its pavilion looks more like a cricket stand. It has a row of hospitality boxes across the top, with a few rows of seats in front. Below is an area of terrace. Just under this stand's roof is a television gantry and a small electric scoreboard. The stand runs for about half the length of the pitch and straddles the halfway line. On one side of it, towards the Thatchers End is a small covered terrace, used as a family area, whilst the other side has a small covered area of temporary seating, called the South West Stand. Opposite is the Poplar Insulation (East) Stand, taller than the West Stand, but similar in length. This stand has covered seating to its rear and terracing at the front. It has open terracing to either side, one of which is given to away supporters. The team dugouts are located in front of this stand, although the dressing rooms are located behind the West Stand. This leads to quite a procession of players and officials at half time and full time.

At one end is the unusual looking Brunel Group (South) Stand. This was originally erected as a temporary stand, to fill the previously empty end. It has now been opened for a number of seasons now, although it still looks, with its green seats and bright white roof, more suitable for an outdoor show jumping competition than a football ground. The stand only runs for just over half the width of the pitch, has several supporting pillars running across the front and has been nicknamed 'the tent' by Rovers fans. Opposite is the Thatchers End, which is a covered terrace for home supporters.

Record Attendance

At The Memorial Stadium:
12,011 v West Bromwich Albion
FA Cup 6th Round, 9th February 2008.

At Eastville:
38,472 v Preston North End
FA Cup 4th Round, 30th January 1960.

Average Attendance
2018-2019: 8,320 (League One)
2017-2018: 8,933 (League One)
2016-2017: 9,302 (League One)

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 21:19 - Feb 13 with 286 viewsspell_chekker

Away day guide. Bristol Rovers:

https://www.awaygames.co.uk/away-day-guides/bristol-rovers-away/

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 21:22 - Feb 13 with 285 viewsspell_chekker

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 21:25 - Feb 13 with 283 viewsspell_chekker

The last time the two teams met at the Memorial Stadium:

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 282 viewsspell_chekker

Predictions.

TEAM: I've got a feeling that Dunn will favour the new signings.
Maxwell
Moore, Heneghan, Husband (if fit)
Howe, Ronan, Virtue, Dewsbury-Hall, Bola
Madine, Delfounseo

SCORE: I don't think Dunn will make much of an impact.
1-1 draw

AWAY ATTENDANCE
603 (including a big BASIL turn out)

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 21:42 - Feb 13 with 278 viewsROTTWEILERS

Wind and rain predicted

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 21:47 - Feb 13 with 275 viewsspell_chekker

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 21:49 - Feb 13 with 272 viewsROTTWEILERS

The home fixture was one of the most professional, complete performances I've seen from the mighty. Nug Nugs was immense.

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 10:11 - Feb 14 with 262 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Caretaker boss David Dunn explains why Jay Spearing will be unavailable for Blackpool's trip to Bristol Rovers

Jay Spearing will be unavailable for this weekend's trip to Bristol Rovers after suffering concussion in Tuesday night's defeat to Gillingham.

The skipper was brought off at half-time and replaced by Matty Virtue after being involved in a first-half collision.

The Seasiders badly missed Spearing's leadership qualities in the second half as they went on to lose the game 3-2, in what proved to be Simon Grayson's final match in charge.

FIFA rules advise that six days is the minimum time length to overcome the problem, meaning Spearing won't be able to feature in Pool's trip to Bristol Rovers on Saturday.

Caretaker boss David Dunn said: “Jay has got to follow certain protocol because of concussion, so he won’t be available for Saturday.

“He will still come down with us as he’s a good leader, he’s the captain of the club so he will be a good voice to have around for the players as well.”

The Seasiders make the long trip south to take on a side that are actually in worse form than themselves.

The Gas are without a win in their last 14 games, a run that has coincided with them losing their manager Graham Coughlan to League Two side Mansfield Town.

Dunn added: “I’ve watched two or three games of them now and I’m getting a good idea of how they play and what their strengths and weaknesses are.

“That’s something we’ll speak about to the players and try and do our best to try and get the three points.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/caretaker-boss-da

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 11:15 - Feb 14 with 257 viewsspell_chekker

Dunn added: “I’ve watched two or three games of them now and I’m getting a good idea of how they play and what their strengths and weaknesses are.

“That’s something we’ll speak about to the players and try and do our best to try and get the three points.”

Well, yes, great idea that Dunn.

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 13:54 - Feb 14 with 250 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool and Bristol Rovers are two teams in need of three points

David Dunn takes charge of his first game as interim boss this weekend when managerless Blackpool take on a side in even worse form than themselves.

The Seasiders, with just one win from their last 12 outings, make the trip down to the Memorial Ground this weekend to face a Bristol Rovers side that has failed to win any of their last 14 games.

The Gas, whose last league victory was on December 14, have been in freefall since losing manager Graham Coughlan to League Two side Mansfield Town.

New boss Ben Garner currently has Rovers in 13th place in the League One table, two points above Blackpool.

Garner, speaking after Tuesday night’s 0-0 draw at relegation-threatened Tranmere Rovers, said: “The performances have been good over the last five games.

“I think we could replay those games and play them exactly the same way and probably come out with nine or 10 points.

“It’s a little bit of bad fortune but all we have to do is keep working, we’ve just got to work harder and harder and soon that luck will turn.

“The spirit is there with the group, they’re really together and they showed that out on the pitch against Tranmere.

“We do need to be a little bit more clinical, as we’ve said before, but if we keep performing as we have done over the last five games — and improve on that — then wins will come.”

Garner added: “Ultimately it’s my responsibility. I’d have loved to get more wins on the board, I think we’ve deserved them and hopefully the fans can see that.

“This is a long-term process we’re trying to build but we want results short-term, we want to win every game.

“From a personal point of view it was very difficult for me early on because of the situation in my personal life (which saw Garner take time out for personal reasons) and that’s still ongoing.

“But I’m still giving everything I can, as are the players, so I can’t ask for anymore than they’re currently giving me.

“We’ve just got to keep plugging away and stay positive.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-and-bri

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 13:58 - Feb 14 with 247 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 14:28 - Feb 14 with 243 viewsROTTWEILERS

Is this game gonna go ahead? I've got a hotel booked and storm Dennis is messing up my plans !

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 15:00 - Feb 14 with 237 viewsLala

Would definitely like to see what Dunn puts out there with the ensemble we now have 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 15:41 - Feb 14 with 235 viewsspell_chekker

I reckon he'll favour playing the new signings.

He'll stick as many as possible in the team.

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 17:33 - Feb 14 with 229 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Read that as Stormy Daniels at first Rotts

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 18:03 - Feb 14 with 225 viewsLala

He’s hopin 😆

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 19:02 - Feb 14 with 219 viewsspell_chekker

I'll google Stormy Daniels.

I imagine that he's famous in the UK.

Maybe a B list celeb of the "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" ilk. If that's the case, Spud'll know all there's need to know.

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 19:34 - Feb 14 with 216 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

"I'm a celebrity, get me out of here"

Is that what Donald said!

Bristol Rovers Pre Match Thread on 09:50 - Feb 15 with 210 viewsROTTWEILERS

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/expected-bristol-rove

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024