February Robbie: http://seasiderspodcast.co.uk/blog/opinion/all-change/ Seasiders…"> February Robbie: http://seasiderspodcast.co.uk/blog/opinion/all-change/ Seasiders…">
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast 21:51 - Feb 13 with 292 viewsspell_chekker

Robbie:

http://seasiderspodcast.co.uk/blog/opinion/all-change/

Seasiders' Podcast

http://seasiderspodcast.co.uk/podcast/153-shut-that-door/

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast on 21:14 - Feb 14 with 267 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Quite a bit I'd disagree with on BRR's article (Hope Hannibal reads this), also some I'd agree with.

Think it's the best Opinion Piece he's written in awhile.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast on 22:34 - Feb 14 with 257 viewsspudgun

Yep, I agree with your disagreeing Red, and I also agree it is a good heart-felt opinion piece (what else would we expect), and generally I agree with most of the sentiments in the piece.

I do slightly disagree with the "pandering to a baying mob" and "setting disturbing precedents" analysis.

I will tread very carefully here (as a dilettante), but has it actually been stated that the Board were in any way influenced by the boo-boys in the crowd?

And if not, then no precedent has been set also.

By linking the decision to sack Grayson to the boo-boys sort of implies that the Board have made a visceral decision based on populism rather than an analytical one based on Grayson`s overall performance criteria as a manager.

That implies a weakness of resolve and a policy of appeasement.

Also the comment about making sure the next appointment a "considered one" jarred a little too. Was Grayson`s appointment `not considered`?

Surely every managerial appointment is considered with equal gravity and undertaken with equal due diligence. To imply otherwise casts doubt (again unintentionally) on the Board`s competence and professionalism.

And "was it the right decision - only time will tell" is hackneyed bobbins that is not worthy of your quill!

This is posted with deference and a feeling of slight trepidation...
[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 22:35]

Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast on 22:49 - Feb 14 with 247 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

At least you haven't called me a fat bastard.

Yet.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast on 05:36 - Feb 15 with 235 viewsROTTWEILERS

An enjoyable read, that Robbie. Wide of the mark though ✋

spud deconstructs your piece excellently (though I did have to Google dilettante) so I won't bother, but will say this:

I dropped my lad off at Bloomfield Rd on Tuesday night and turned down a last minute offer of a complementary ticket. Instead, I chose to do a food shop and go home to complete some household chores - the lowly 6,000+ crowd proving I wasn't alone in sharing that 'I've seen enough' mindset. Today I'm looking forward to (at risk to life) driving through Storm Dennis with my loved ones to watch the same team. Such is football.

We'll all be here - fickle, impatient or fanatical like yourself - long after this manager and chairman even, are gone. Any criticism, if it needs to be apportioned, should be aimed squarely at Larry.

Love the opinions though, so keep them coming. I know you will

UTP
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 9:13]

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast on 10:39 - Feb 15 with 202 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I'm repeating myself, but I still think it's relevant....

Last two home matches, the team has been made up of a goalkeeper who wont be here next season, 5 loan players (all we're doing with them now is getting them fit for pre season with their parent clubs) and only one permanent signing under Grayson (Madine), who was subbed after 60 mins in both matches.

After all the signings that have been made could he be trusted with another transfer window? Added to the well known issues with tactics, formations, team selection, constantly digging out players in post match interviews, etc...., sadly my answer would have been no as well.

I very much doubt the "social media warriors" played a part.

Also in Larry's defence, this season could have gone really horribly wrong, and we could be where Tranmere are. So for that he deserves some credit.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast on 11:25 - Feb 15 with 198 viewsspell_chekker

I didn't get the impression the board were swayed by fan pressure.

I was finding it a difficult priciple to cling on to but I was in the camp of giving Grayson the season. Even so, I could see how bad it was getting.

Now that he's been sacked, I feel as though it was the right decision.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 13:37]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast on 13:39 - Feb 15 with 186 viewsspell_chekker

The difficult part is getting a replacement.

I'm not convinced by any of the known candidates.

Out of the names mentioned I'd go for either Evatt or the Plymouth guy.

Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast on 19:28 - Feb 15 with 173 viewsspell_chekker

It's still open season on the f*t t**t if someone wants to stick the boot in.

Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast on 10:56 - Feb 16 with 164 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Oi, I saw that.

My views on what prompted the decision are of course informed speculation. I shall say no more.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Robbie + Seasiders' Podcast on 17:43 - Feb 16 with 149 viewsspell_chekker

Cheers Robbie.

Informed speculation also.

Hummmm, interesting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024