Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview 22:58 - Feb 21 with 2977 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52021

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 23:41 - Feb 21 with 2887 viewsWilloW4

Toni is a legend in today's poor parlance of what a modern footballer is . Winning goal at Forest( head like a ten Bob bit header if I remember right.. )Who cares.!!...a much better centre half than Grant Hall.. Good luck to Toni.

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 00:52 - Feb 22 with 2790 viewsdistortR

wonderful ranting indictment of the superficiality of too much of society today

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 06:58 - Feb 22 with 2629 viewsTHEBUSH

Agree Clives best yet

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 10:14 - Feb 22 with 2319 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Superb.

Mel's book is good if anyone hasn't bought a copy yet.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 11:16 - Feb 22 with 2224 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Brilliant stuff Clive.

"Toni Leistner is a fußballgott"

Is that what those German fans who used to come to our games were singing? I'd always wondered.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 12:21 - Feb 22 with 2141 viewsWrightUp5hit___

It would appear, that at a quite young age, Clive has managed the transcendence to full on, full of piss and vinegar, Grumpy Old Git.

Congratulations and enjoy it just as much as we enjoy your wonderful writing.

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 23:32 - Feb 22 with 1582 viewsB_Wad

Thank you for a fun and insightful read. I recommended it to a friend calling it an essay on hard core and not so hard core fans in the social media age. The video at the end was a nice underscore.

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 23:48 - Feb 22 with 1569 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I only read this now. It's lovely, it's true and it's tip-the-cap.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 09:50 - Feb 23 with 1388 viewssmegma

Mels right about Nick Hornby and Fever Pitch. I bought the book when it first came out in the early 90s. I'd read a review in When Saturday Comes. The mag written by middle class @rseholes about football. I got to about page 50 and put it back on the shelf as it's a book by a middle class @rsehole about football. When the film came out I won tickets to the premiere in Leicester Square. The audience was full of middle class lovey @rseholes who had no idea what a feckin football looked like. There were speeches on stage by the two blokes from Men Behaving Badly who both told the very same joke despite being on stage some 15 minutes apart. There were only two footballers in the audience, both from Arsenal. No doubt the after party was full of middle class lovey @rseholes saying how 'this new thingy, what's it called, soccer or something, it could catch on dontchathink?'.....a friend of mine, who was a journalist at the time, went to a Literary Award dinner bash where Nick Hornby won an award. My mate sidled up to him after and said " so you're a huge Arsenal then, yet you're here tonight while Arsenal are at home tonight, you know, where you live in Highbury'. He ran off into the crowd.

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 10:55 - Feb 23 with 1336 viewsPunteR

Brilliant read that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 09:25 - Feb 24 with 1134 views00calben

Clive, never change.

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 12:33 - Feb 24 with 1008 viewswestberksr

Brilliant read Clive; absolutely love & share your view on so many things

grumpy c***s rule

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 12:38 - Feb 24 with 995 viewsdannyblue

I was very near them and couldn’t understand why they were singing Toni leistner is our new striker and was delighted when I think I worked it out: Toni Leistner ist ein oost reicher. Ie he’s an East German. But surely someone here actually speaks German?
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 12:40]

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 16:01 - Feb 24 with 871 viewssmegma

Uncle Albert does.

Toni Leistner is a fußballgott - Preview on 04:56 - Feb 25 with 742 viewsFredManRave

That's a great read Clive. As always, thanks.

It does beg the question of what is next on the list now that we've beaten Forest at their place and actually progressed to the 5th round and both being done last year!

What's the new longest streak we have to beat?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024