Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Robinson plays down rumours linking him with Blackpool job 20:18 - Feb 22 with 206 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Oxford United boss Karl Robinson has played down rumours linking him with the vacant manager's job at Bloomfield Road.

Robinson is currently fourth favourite in the bookies' odds and there are suggestions the former MK Dons manager is keen to relocate to the North West.

But the Liverpool-born Oxford chief, speaking after his side's 1-0 win at Ipswich Town today, said rumours linking him with the vacancy come as news to him.

"I don’t know anything about that," he told the Oxford Mail.

"We have to be ambitious, that’s the way it is.

"I’ve done many games. Whatever happens in my career it doesn’t really matter to me, I only care where my players go.

"If something happens and things don’t fit right at a certain place I know there will be other things I can go and do.

"Right now we’re in a really good place and these players have given me everything. I’m so proud.

"The fans who have seen me here celebrating, that’s a man who loves what he’s doing."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/oxford-united-bos

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Karl Robinson plays down rumours linking him with Blackpool job on 20:37 - Feb 22 with 196 viewsjanegallagher

I hope these rumours are true. He’s someone I’d definitely like to see at Bloomfield road.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Karl Robinson plays down rumours linking him with Blackpool job on 17:42 - Feb 23 with 183 viewsspell_chekker

Robinson really would be a statement of intent.

By far the best candidate to be linked with us.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Karl Robinson plays down rumours linking him with Blackpool job on 22:37 - Feb 25 with 177 viewsjanegallagher

Keeping my fingers crossed.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Karl Robinson plays down rumours linking him with Blackpool job on 22:40 - Feb 25 with 172 viewsspell_chekker

Oxford won't let us talk to him.

Understandable as they're firing for promotion.

We may have to wait if we're going to get him.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Karl Robinson plays down rumours linking him with Blackpool job on 00:16 - Feb 26 with 162 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool 'make official approach' for Oxford United boss Karl Robinson

Blackpool have made an official approach for Oxford United manager Karl Robinson, according to reports.

The 39-year-old, who briefly played for the Seasiders as a youngster, currently has his Oxford side sitting in ninth place in League One, three points off the play-offs.

He has previously managed MK Dons and Charlton Athletic.

Both Blackpool and Oxford United have declined to comment on the reports.

Speculation surfaced over the weekend that the Liverpool-born manager, who's based in Milton Keynes, was keen to relocate to the North West.

His Oxford side take on Accrington Stanley at the Kassam Stadium tonight.

Addressing the speculation after his side's 1-0 win at Ipswich Town on Saturday, Robinson told the Oxford Mail: "I don’t know anything about that.

"We have to be ambitious, that’s the way it is.

"I’ve done many games. Whatever happens in my career it doesn’t really matter to me, I only care where my players go.

"If something happens and things don’t fit right at a certain place I know there will be other things I can go and do.

"Right now we’re in a really good place and these players have given me everything. I’m so proud.

"The fans who have seen me here celebrating, that’s a man who loves what he’s doing."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-make-of

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Karl Robinson plays down rumours linking him with Blackpool job on 20:51 - Feb 27 with 148 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Karl Robinson considers Blackpool speculation to be over after Oxford United turn down official approach

Karl Robinson considers the speculation linking him with Blackpool's managerial vacancy finished after Oxford United turned down an official approach.

The U's confirmed in a statement yesterday they had declined Blackpool's request to speak to the 39-year-old.

Having spoken to his owner Sumrith 'Tiger' Thanakarnjanasuth on Wednesday, Robinson now considers a line to have been drawn under the matter.

He said: "Tiger said 'this is the situation, that’s the way it is'.

"I said 'well if that’s the way it is there’s nothing more anyone can do or say'. It’s that simple.

"This came completely out of the blue late on Tuesday and by 9am the next day it was done.

"It wasn’t like I had anything in mind in relation to speaking to my family or anybody.

"I think if you heard what I was saying after the game, I was telling everybody to get here on Saturday and rally.

"It would be a crazy thing to say if I knew anything and I wasn’t going to be there.

"Am I flattered (by the approach)? 100 per cent, it was a club that was in the Premier League not too long ago.

"Obviously people have called me and said the chairman’s a top man who is having a right go.

"(CEO) Ben Mansford is someone who has gone in there and has done an awful lot. It’s obviously going to be a top job in relation to what they want to achieve next year.

"I think the difficulty for them at this moment is having had 12 players in and 12 players out in January, we had that situation the other summer so it’s a hard place to find any manager.

"I don’t want to disrespect anybody. You get put in these positions. Fans will say who does he think he is by turning down our club. I mean no disrespect to anybody, that’s not who I am.”

He added: "I’ve got a job to do and a long contract here.

"I’ve always said there will be a day I walk out, because that’s what managers do."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/karl-robinson-con

Last sentence is interesting.

Karl Robinson plays down rumours linking him with Blackpool job on 09:03 - Feb 28 with 141 viewsLala

Isn’t it just Red, re last sentence. Brutally or refreshingly honest 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Karl Robinson plays down rumours linking him with Blackpool job on 11:30 - Feb 28 with 136 viewsspell_chekker

The Robinson rumours haven't gone away.

He's still the bookies' favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024