Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Gypsy King 07:33 - Feb 23 with 356 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Just watched it. Stunning win for Tyson Fury.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Gypsy King on 10:11 - Feb 23 with 343 viewsROTTWEILERS

Wilder was beat before he threw a punch. You don't need a degree in psychology to be able to read his pre-match body language.... The mask, head bowed, he looked scared from the off. Credit to Fury though - he's very likeable. Tough as nails and not afraid to bare his vulnerabilities. Top man!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 10:30]

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

The Gypsy King on 12:29 - Feb 23 with 332 viewsLala

I hate boxing. I know it’s a talent but I just don’t like watching people seriously hurting each other, and for that reason I can’t even watch it retrospectively, even knowing everyone survived.

We are such animals but I know that’s just the nature of us beasts and you can’t fight that.

Glad nobody is seriously hurt though.

Party poopers r us.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

The Gypsy King on 13:01 - Feb 23 with 329 viewsspudgun

Agree with Rotts, about Fury.

Not really a boxing fan but heard an in-depth interview on the radio a little while back where he was talking about his life and mental health issues and he was very candid and engaging. Ok, he sometimes gets a little giddy, but he generally came across as a very likeable fella who was quite prepared to air his vulnerabilities as mentioned earlier.

On the negative side I have seen him around these parts several of times (with his f***wit gypsy mates who have a nearby caravan park).

Unfortunately they are stone dead losers, and anyone who associates with them loses a brownie point or two.

Close up he is a really big f***er!

[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 16:18]

The Gypsy King on 16:15 - Feb 23 with 307 viewsROTTWEILERS

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

The Gypsy King on 17:46 - Feb 23 with 289 viewsspell_chekker

I'm completely disconnected with boxing now.

I used to know all the fighters but lean toward Lala's point of view.

I also think that something should be done about football. Heading the ball causing dementia.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The Gypsy King on 18:39 - Feb 23 with 283 viewsokeh_for_some

I’ve been a boxing fan all my life and while at times brutal, it’s rescued many working class lads from the streets and is a sport of incredible skill and bravery. It’s a pursuit where there is as much skill in avoiding a punch as being able to throw one, a talent not always appreciated by those who occasionally tune in to the odd fight. Fury is pure theatre, I’ve followed his career right from the off and always thought he had something special. Boxing aside, the way he’s pulled himself round from mental illness makes him a legend and an inspiration. We went nearly 100 years without producing a heavyweight champion and now have two, with a number of top ranked fighters following closely behind.

The Gypsy King on 18:51 - Feb 23 with 279 viewsspell_chekker

I understand all that and used to love boxing too.

What happened to me was the introduction of Sky TV. A lot of sports started to be broadcast exclusively on Sky.

Because of my lifestyle at the time I couldn't afford, nor was I interested in, the subscription.

It sort of set a pattern, a habit.

Where once I was in to everything, I've lost touch with quite a few sports now.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

The Gypsy King on 20:08 - Feb 23 with 276 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Use to be a big fan of boxing and agree with Okeh's post, but also like Spell took less and less intrest as it move over to PPV. (Can't blame them, the money they make is staggering.)

Use to also watch the ABA stuff that use to be on at the Guild Hall.

Over recent years the only time I've taken notice of Boxing is to check out the ex Olympic boxers (Might of mentioned before, big fan of the Olympics), until Fury came along. Something about the guy transcends boxing.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The Gypsy King on 20:17 - Feb 23 with 273 viewsLala

I watched the Michael Watson fight as a young lass and I knew there was something wrong before the fight was even stopped. Turned me off boxing for life.

No problem with Fury as a person or sportsman though. Saw his wife interviewed last week and she came across really well.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

The Gypsy King on 20:22 - Feb 23 with 270 viewsspell_chekker

There are some tragic cases like Watson.

The things that go undiscovered are the ones who end up like vegetables later in life.

Mohammad Ali being the most prominent example.

The Gypsy King on 20:46 - Feb 23 with 263 viewsspell_chekker

It's a trade off.

Some guys have a good life out of boxing whereas there would have been nothing down for them.

Young problem lads also need to channel their energy and learn some rules.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024