Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Dunn may stay at Blackpool - if he’s wanted by the new manager 10:15 - Feb 24 with 201 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

David Dunn hasn’t ruled out staying at Blackpool beyond his caretaker role.

The former first-team coach took charge of his second game as interim boss at the weekend, overseeing a goalless draw at AFC Wimbledon.

Dunn has already stated he has no desire to take the manager’s job on a permanent basis.

The 40-year-old says there’s a chance he could remain in a coaching capacity, although he does admit that lies in the hands of the board and the new man who succeeds Simon Grayson.

When asked if he’ll remain in caretaker charge for the game against Bolton Wanderers at Bloomfield Road on Tuesday night, Dunn said: “Who knows?

“As you know, football changes very quickly. But if I’m here, I’ll try and set the team up to win a game and do my best.

“As I’ve already stated, I don’t want the job.

“I enjoy coaching and I enjoy being on the grass, but a lot of the other stuff off the pitch and dealing with that, I’m a football person and at this moment in time I feel like I just want to concentrate on that.

“Who knows if I’d stay on? If a new manager comes in and wants to bring in his own backroom staff, then at least I can hold my head up and the club knows I’ve done all I can to help them.”

Dunn has been pleased with how his side has performed in the two games he’s taken charge of; the 2-1 defeat to Bristol Rovers and the goalless stalemate at Kingsmeadow on Saturday.

The Seasiders created enough chances to claim the three points against the Dons, but their finishing was found wanting.

“I was really pleased first half, not so much with our play with the ball but with the resilience the players showed,” Dunn added.

“Second half, I think everyone in this stadium thought it was just going to be a matter of time before we scored the goal.

“We know we need to do better in the final third but that’s why forwards generally get paid the most money because it’s the hardest thing to do: putting the ball in the back of the net.

“Let’s work on it and we’ll go again on Tuesday, because I’m really liking a lot of the things I’m seeing at the minute.”

The Seasiders now switch their attention to their midweek home clash against old rivals Bolton.

While there’s plenty of history between the two sides, Dunn’s only focus is on getting those much-needed three points.

“It’s a football game for me, but I’m sure a lot of the supporters will think more about that than me,” he said.

“I just want to try and set a team up to win a football match, that’s what I’m here to do.

“We’ll keep going and try and get a win. I’m not a coach that will try and close a game out and we’ll try and win every game we can.

“We’ve got a group of players that can win games when that first goal goes in.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/david-dunn-may-st

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

David Dunn may stay at Blackpool - if he’s wanted by the new manager on 10:58 - Feb 24 with 197 viewsspell_chekker

Dunn doesn't sound like the type of person we need.

He doesn't sound at all motivated and seems to want an easy ride when, in fact, we're looking for someone to go the extra mile.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

David Dunn may stay at Blackpool - if he’s wanted by the new manager on 11:59 - Feb 24 with 187 viewsROTTWEILERS

Agreed.

A BIG shake-up is required

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024