Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 60’s told; avoid crowds 11:51 - Mar 1 with 5938 viewsstevec

Lower Loft, from now on then.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 12:10 - Mar 1 with 4132 viewsStanisgod

I'll just go to home games then!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 12:45 - Mar 1 with 4031 viewsHantsR

No probs. Going to Sorrento via Milan by train at the end of the month, place looks empty.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 13:21 - Mar 1 with 3943 viewsRs_Holy

I had a long weekend booked in Bologna for 3 weeks time but BA have cancelled the flights. The hotel manager told me that the streets are deserted and the supermarkets have many empty shelves... all a bit surreal apparently!

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 15:04 - Mar 1 with 3778 viewsderbyhoop

We're off to see the Dire Straits Experience in 3 weeks.
6,000 capacity arena but French Govt want to ban indoor events for 5,000+

Quel dommage!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 16:30 - Mar 1 with 3620 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
Thanks gawd fer that,wuz sposed to go to a weddin'.Will send toaster o' post nstead.

Yo Ho!

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 16:52 - Mar 1 with 3584 viewsHayesender

I'm off to Preston on Saturday.

I'm not 60, and I don't think they'll be enough of us there to constitute a big crowd

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 17:15 - Mar 1 with 3544 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m not 60 until September so I can give up my seat in ML for someone older if it’s needed.Unfortunately you’ll have to sit next to my brother who was 60 last July.

It should be good in Rome for the rugby in 2 weeks time then.There won’t be many of us there then.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 17:19 - Mar 1 with 3524 viewsTGRRRSSS

I suspect that the Italy v England game will not go ahead Stowemarket.

Pro14 games with Italian sides already postponed likewise the Ireland/Italy game too.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 17:31 - Mar 1 with 3508 viewsstowmarketrange

Unfortunately though we booked our flights last March with Ryanair,so the chances of any refunds are between zero and zero.Unless the government say that Italy is off limits to all travel.
At least we get to see us smash Barnsley instead.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 17:34 - Mar 1 with 3494 viewsTGRRRSSS

Be interesting to see what they decide to do, but I'm thinking more the Rugby people than the governments or air lines etc - in the case of O'Leary you know your lucky to actually fly with him anyway even after you've paid.

He sure won't refund anything - probably charge you a returners fee or something - one for Lee Hoos too look into I'm sure.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 09:41 - Mar 2 with 3125 viewsRBlock

I've got tickets to England v Italy at Wembley at the end of the month, but can't see that going ahead to be honest. I'm more worried about the Euros this summer being affected.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 09:56 - Mar 2 with 3107 viewsrobith

I've tickets for France Ireland in the 6 Nations.

It's deffo getting called off isn't it

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 10:29 - Mar 2 with 3058 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I hope you get to go. It is a lovely place.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 10:36 - Mar 2 with 3045 views1MoreBrightonR

10 of us are supposed to be going to Naples in a few weeks....everything is calm there BUT 4 of the group live in Milan so they have already pulled out. Then two more are nervous about coming from Poland. In theory, until the flights get canceled, im hoping to go.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 11:24 - Mar 2 with 2989 viewsMytch_QPR

Just noticed that the EU have upgraded warning status to high. If they decide to shut down airports then I wonder what the situation is with airlines being bailed out by Governments? - in theory this is not permitted but I suppose they can quote emergency powers etc.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 11:26 - Mar 2 with 2984 viewscolinallcars

And....if football matches have to be played behind locked doors, would the EFL relax FFP as clubs' revenue would be reduced ?

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 11:36 - Mar 2 with 2959 viewsHayesender

Plus clubs would have to reimburse season ticket holders if this happens.

Could be a financial nightmare for clubs in the FL

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 12:11 - Mar 2 with 2919 viewsTacticalR

The Tories bailed out Flybe in January.

Air hostess clique

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 12:17 - Mar 2 with 2897 viewsMytch_QPR

Yes - I'd forgotten about that. I thought there was an EU ruling regarding State aid to airlines (maybe I'm wrong on that), in any event I suppose we might have stopped playing by the rules now we're halfway out of the door.

Mind you, bailing out BA might by a different matter. Seeing that gobshite from Ryan Air go under would be one bright bit of news amid the gloom.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 13:42 - Mar 2 with 2782 viewsToast_R

School in Wimbledon has been closed for a deep clean as one of the staff who'd recently returned from Italy has the virus apparently.

Am I being flippant here or is all this just a little hysterical? Stats say outside of China you're more likely to win the lottery than die from Covid-19 unless you have an already serious health issue but in which case, standard Flu is just as serious. SARS had a far higher death risk and I don't recall it being anywhere near this level. And wearing a mask unless you have the virus is rather chocolate teapot.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 13:44]

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 14:04 - Mar 2 with 2710 views2Thomas2Bowles

You are correct.
Not good if you already have health issues and catch any type of flu.

The media do love something to get people to panic about, it's the same as click-baiting

Still. I should have started selling masks on ebay as the world is full of stupid panickers and hysteria.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 14:08]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 19:22 - Mar 2 with 2518 viewsGloryHunter

I'm pretty sure I've had it already. Caught a cold at a drinks party on Christmas Eve (in London), and it developed into a dry cough and nasty bronchitis, which I haven't had since I was much younger. Still haven't shaken it off, really. I reckon it will soon be revealed that the virus left China well before they're admitting, and is already widespread all around the world.

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 19:24 - Mar 2 with 2521 viewskensalriser

Supermarkets may as well close Monday mornings then.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 00:49 - Mar 3 with 2296 viewsDannyPaddox

]

Over 60’s told; avoid crowds on 01:58 - Mar 3 with 2270 viewsPlanetHonneywood

While not seeking to undermine the seriousness of the situation; please still go to places if you can.

Many businesses are so reliant on tourism, that some will fold if this over-hysteria isn’t checked. I’ve been in Bangkok the last few days and the place is significantly down on tourism and business travelers. The hotel I usually stay in is normally packed this time of year. Currently it’s way below its seasonal average.

Of course the flip of this is that the hordes that usually clutter the place up are not here, so it’s quite a pleasant time to visit.

Just wash your hands or use a sanitizer and in the interim period between washing, don’t stick your fingers in your orifices. You know, what you should do normally!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024