Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest and FFP 14:51 - Mar 2 with 5664 viewsHayesender

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/chief-financial-officer-leav

Is the shite about to hit the fan at the city ground?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Forest and FFP on 14:58 - Mar 2 with 4641 viewsstowmarketrange

They’d better go out and buy some more players to console thrmselves with.

Forest and FFP on 15:01 - Mar 2 with 4629 viewsMick_S

No weaknesses.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Forest and FFP on 15:38 - Mar 2 with 4514 viewsdodge_stoke_r

I wonder how many points we will get deducted!

Forest and FFP on 15:39 - Mar 2 with 4518 viewsEsox_Lucius

I didn't realise that Miranda Hart had such financial acumen.

The grass is always greener.

Forest and FFP on 15:53 - Mar 2 with 4459 viewsGloucs_R

How did they make a profit that large?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Forest and FFP on 15:56 - Mar 2 with 4442 viewsstowmarketrange

They’ve teamed up with hooters,and split it 2 ways.

Forest and FFP on 18:57 - Mar 2 with 4092 viewsbosh67

"Samantha Gordon's position as a director at Nottingham Forest has been terminated."

Bit harsh to terminate her.

They could have just sacked her.

They'll have to slim the squad down to 2000 and sell their ground to Derby.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Forest and FFP on 19:07 - Mar 2 with 4058 viewsQPR_John

"£40.4 million were written off when Greek owner Evangelos Marinakis bought the club from Fawaz Al Hasawi."

How many times have we heard this about other clubs. Perfectly acceptable by the FL except when it involved us

Forest and FFP on 19:09 - Mar 2 with 4051 viewsbosh67

Evangelos Marinakis is a dyslexic anagram of Queens Park Rangers so more trouble heading our way.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Forest and FFP on 23:34 - Mar 2 with 3624 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is it acceptable in this instance because the write off was part and parcel of the purchase?

Forest and FFP on 02:17 - Mar 3 with 3538 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Seriously believe that taking our medicine early is going to benefit us in the long term while everyone else is scrabbling around trying to do what we did over the last 6 years.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 2:29]

Forest and FFP on 07:03 - Mar 3 with 3374 viewsLblock

Well nobody has been walloped like we were before or since.

I know we absolutely took the royal piss but the EFL doesn’t seem to have the appetite to go after others with such vigour.

It’s worked for us. Little old QPR back in their box and never again to play with the big boys.
Such a shame Bungles sugar rush has killed the club. Rather than banking the dosh and building from the ground up we now may never recover and two opportunities in two years gone. He should’ve listened to my advice!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Forest and FFP on 09:23 - Mar 3 with 3199 viewsAntti_Heinola

I missed all your posts around the time we were splurging money urging caution and all that. A rare voice at the time indeed. Great foresight mate, I salute you. Was it just Hughes's time you were vociferously argung against big money signings? Or Redknapp's January spending spree? Or his Championship spending spree? Or his January Championship spending spree?

Bare bones.

Forest and FFP on 09:45 - Mar 3 with 3166 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I disagree. The scale of which we broke FFP determined the size of the fine, not the size of our club. I don’t think we are entitled to play the victim no matter how incompetently FFP has been implemented.

Either way, we are on the upswing now and playing the most entertaining football with 6/7 first team players that we either produced at the club or brought young enough we can put our mark on them.

The market is going to collapse and we are looking like we might be in the best position to catch some bargains.

Sunlit uplands on the horizon!

Forest and FFP on 10:03 - Mar 3 with 3112 viewsfrancisbowles

I agree Baz and the rules and scales of punishment were different under FFP than they are now under Profit and Sustainability.

Our main complaint was that the rules were impossible to adhere to for a relegated club and unfair in making us uncompetitive if we had adhered to them. (Something that was already shown as the new rules had been implemented and the penalties were more focused on points deductions.) However, we had continued to ignore them completely and spent big.

We eventually agreed a deal with the Football League, whereby the fine was drastically reduced from the maximum and the directors were allowed to pay money into the club. (something they had tried to do previously to get around the rules).

Forest and FFP on 10:17 - Mar 3 with 3085 viewsPeterHucker

Bit unfair.
There were plenty on here criticising the strategy of signing older players with the supposedly all-important "Premier League experience" . That went on during Redknapp's and Hughes' time and even in that August when Warnock was still here.
Off top of my head I remember people being negative about us signing both Anton and especially Rio Ferdinand as well as old & injury prone Richard Dunne, old & injury prone Kieron Dyer, old & injury prone Bobby Zamora, old & injury prone Ryan Nelson, old & injury prone Andy Johnson etc etc etc.
I remember many of us contributing to a long thread about Now that we've finally got some money, which up-and-coming youngsters players from the Championship / League 1 should we be signing instead of the older signings. The thread was basically repeated mentions of Jordan Rhodes and the Leeds attack / midfield from those days Gradel Howson Snodgrass. And that lad who signed for Middlesbrough who is a QPR fan (Adama?)
I also remember pub conversations with other QPR fans around that time saying that priority should be properly scouting for young players, sorting out training ground / academy. Specifically I remember a conversation about Junior Hoilett when we signed him with us all saying if Liverpool were in for him, why on earth has he turned down playing alongside Luis Suarez (he looks like a rat) to come to QPR? We must be playing people ridiculous wages for him to choose to do that.

Forest and FFP on 10:19 - Mar 3 with 3073 viewsHarbour

We got punished just wondering when and if the likes of Sheff Wednesday Derby NF are going to get their desserts? If the EFL do not enforce the FFP rules fairly and consistently what’s the point in having them. Also does not appear to any transparency on the rules and timetables for potential breaches to be ruled upon and penalties imposed. Rant over

Forest and FFP on 10:23 - Mar 3 with 3059 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I also agree. In hindsight and having discussed this a few times with rollercoaster I now think we actually did ok with the settlement and it has enabled us to draw a line under it and move on.

Forest and FFP on 11:26 - Mar 3 with 2928 viewsEastR

They've just posted a £25.1m loss for the year (up to end of last season) in their accounts. That's on top of the £5m from the year before, and I'm fairly certain the 'profit' in 2017 will have been adjusted for FFP purposes to also turn into a loss position.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Forest and FFP on 11:28 - Mar 3 with 2915 viewsdaveB

Thats the big issue for me in the lack of any timetable for this so clubs, as we did, can drag out the appeals for a few years.

Forest and FFP on 11:31 - Mar 3 with 2908 viewsbosh67

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/big-factor-behind-no

I mean who knows? But this all seems terribly convenient.

Never knowingly right.

Forest and FFP on 12:08 - Mar 3 with 2798 viewsDavieQPR

With a 2 year loss of £30.6m that means they will have to go from a £25m loss to a £8.4m loss in one season. Maybe sacked because of her cooking not accountancy skills.

Forest and FFP on 13:42 - Mar 3 with 2599 viewsenfieldargh

smacks of gambling on promotion via the play-offs this season to me

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Forest and FFP on 13:49 - Mar 3 with 2574 viewsactonman

If they don’t go up I recon there will be a couple of deadwood players sold abroad to their sister club for a convenient inflated fee

Forest and FFP on 16:48 - Mar 3 with 2406 viewsLblock

My newest childish nickname ...... Sarky Heinola

Pay attention now cock.
I met Bungle face to face as he started his tenure - he was informed in no uncertain terms that we weren't interested in marquee signings and players getting fat off the back of the mighty Queens Park Rangers Football Club. (For we read the 7 or 8 fellas at the table when he joined us). We were strenuous in telling him what the club had been through and pointing to the kids with us stating "having a strong club so these lot can have the years of laughs we've had and the club is safe long term" was the priority. I looked him in the eye and told him best thing he could do was invest in the medium and long term....... his response? "Trust us... you're safe with us"

I may even have raised a dissenting post or two at the time of those two cretins going mental with the clubs money, I usually look for the cloud where the silver lining is.

Thought Hughesless was a good appointment at the time - was kept on far too long though.
As for CandleFace -- I wouldn't have touched him with a bargepole and was against almost everything that fcuker did at the club. Jesus, even Charlie Austin was signed by mistake by him -- he was well down the list!

Anyway hope that clarifies.

Stay happy, keep clapping

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024