Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey big posh Matt Smith 20:18 - Mar 6 with 2832 viewsbosh67

Having a field day at Forest at the moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 20:26 - Mar 6 with 2776 viewsloftboy

I really liked posh Matt, he wasn’t getting the minutes he wanted with us, Millwall fans weren’t too impressed when they signed him, bet they’ve changed their tune now.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 20:32 - Mar 6 with 2738 viewsbosh67

Hattrick in 33 minutes at Forest!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 20:47 - Mar 6 with 2665 viewsqueensparker

Doing really well considering Forest have no weaknesses

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 20:59 - Mar 6 with 2593 viewsJuzzie

But, but..... Forest are promotion contenders. (c) Billy Davies.

Guffaw.

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 21:23 - Mar 6 with 2505 viewseghamranger

13!!!!!!!!!!

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 21:38 - Mar 6 with 2438 viewsCiderwithRsie

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 22:02 - Mar 6 with 2351 viewssmegma

No doubt their fans Forum were talking up another easy 3 points.

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 22:03 - Mar 6 with 2347 viewssilky

21 goals in 92 apps.

Although he wouldn't fit in our style of play he was better than we gave him credit for. Good on him.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 22:39 - Mar 6 with 2233 viewsrsonist

Kinda miss him but still, now we're this far into the season you can see why Warbs let him go, plus he was on decent money. (And I've seen Wall fans complaining about him too).

Had to smile when I read this the other week though:

https://statsbomb.com/2020/02/statsbomb-mailbag-championship-edition/

To round things off I’ll answer with my underrated player because it’s easy. Ladies and gentlemen, Mathieu James Patrick Smith. In the 100th percentile for aerial wins. The best Plan B in the league.

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 22:53 - Mar 6 with 2194 viewsplasmahoop

Good for him. Well played.
Still chuckling about clives reference to Lewis grabbans beard being like a wizards anal thicket.

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 01:53 - Mar 7 with 2011 viewsDavieQPR

There was never any doubt that Smith could win headers. The trouble is he could never direct them. He mainly let the ball hit his head rather than moving his head to meet the ball.
Always a good honest player who gave his all within his limitations.

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 07:12 - Mar 7 with 1856 viewsloftboy

The first header was a”proper” centre forwards ome, out his head where most would have tried a volley.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 09:12 - Mar 7 with 1659 viewsTacticalR

The problem was that when Matt Smith was on you were pretty much committed to the team playing a certain way to get results from him. When Henry 8th went into battle he had to be hoisted onto his horse by a crane operated by his men. Likewise Smith needed a surrounding cast of wingers, as balls hit from the back in his general direction didn't work (not that we didn't keep trying that when he was on).

Air hostess clique

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 09:19 - Mar 7 with 1645 viewsShotKneesHoop

It was Henry V that was hoisted onto his horse.

It was Henry V111 who needed the hoist to be cranked on his 6 wives, and his 1883 concubines but it was also used to hoist him off 14848484895047477 servings of suckling pig and lampreys.

The original Old King Cole,who was a bugger for his hole, and a bugger for his hole was he!|
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 9:23]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 09:22 - Mar 7 with 1627 viewsTacticalR

Maybe both?

'By his mid-forties he had become so obese he had to be hoisted by crane onto his war horse, a far cry from his carefully constructed public image.'

Henry VIII, Body & image
https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/henryviii/power/body-and-image.htm

Air hostess clique

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 09:38 - Mar 7 with 1605 viewsDejR_vu

Never really understand the snootiness about Smith. I thought he was more than decent.

The fact we used to throw missiles at his head from 60 yards away wasn’t his fault. When we put decent balls in he scored. Given that we don’t go long now I would have thought he’d have been pretty handy. He just didn’t look like he could handle 90 minutes for 46 games.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 12:11 - Mar 7 with 1469 viewsThGrimRanger

Seemed like a nice guy and I'm really happy for him. There cant be many players who've scored a first half hattrick away from home. Saying that I'll admit to being glad he moved on - just wasn't mobile enough and I think we play a far better style of footy without him.

TheGrimRanger

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 13:13 - Mar 7 with 1410 viewsnightwish

Sold for what I believe to Millwall for £400,000.Well Millwall have got their moneys worth yet another player QPR have sold on the cheap.

Blimey big posh Matt Smith on 18:19 - Mar 7 with 1240 viewstimcocking

Reminds me of my biggest 'debut'.

Was probably playing for my course team in the Brighton uni league. We had a good team, and we had a vote beforehand as to who would be captain. John for one had played for Fulham youth team, so i was surprised when yours truly was elected captain. I must be honest, i was well chuffed so it made the opening week seem very important.

We played our first match, i was playing centre midfield and somehow swear to God scored three in the first 15 minutes to put us three nil up, one from 10 yards outside the box. Couldn't believe my luck.

Only got two more all season.

Ps Re Big Matt, yeah likeable and useful but holy crap was he slow. Really, really slow.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 18:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024