Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks 11:47 - Mar 13 with 3709 viewsRangersDave

Just a thought....wages need to be paid, grounds maintained, shops manned etc...

This is bound to play a significant part in affecting clubs income.

Who do we think this might affect adversely?

I think Oldham will struggle, and maybe Bolton too.
Thoughts on any other clubs?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 11:54 - Mar 13 with 2899 viewsMick_S

Leeds.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 12:06 - Mar 13 with 2839 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm wondering about us.

Thanks God for Hoos and Ferdinand and their fiscal prudence or we'd be right screwed.

However, our FFP situation might be tight now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 12:11 - Mar 13 with 2811 viewsjohnhoop

Surely even the incompetent tw-ts who run the Football League would realise it would be necessary to relax the FFP rules to allow for the effects of Coronavirus rather than punishing clubs for things that were totally beyond their control?
Or maybe not.

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 12:39 - Mar 13 with 2698 viewsdannyblue

Us? Tone is up to his tits in bribery scandal and CV has just destroyed his recklessly over-leveraged airline. Not much better for his port-empire Malay chums. Will he still be prepared to fund our losses? Can baba Lakshmi finally be tempted into bailing them out and getting a bigger holding?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 12:43]

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 12:41 - Mar 13 with 2689 viewssmegma

I wonder if non league games will be postponed as well . With the cr@p weather this year, a lot of clubs are on the brink with no income coming in. My local club, North Greenford United, have to play 12 home games and 4 away games in the next 7 weeks. They have 8 consecutive home games between 2nd and 21st April, they've already postponed 3 home games in the last week Sat/Tues/Thurs. Now might be a good time to go out and support your local non league club.

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 13:00 - Mar 13 with 2604 viewsTheChef

Don't worry, Boris and his magic money tree will come to the rescue!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 13:30 - Mar 13 with 2512 viewsCLAREMAN1995

On a worldwide scale the implications are massive with the sports world on lockdown.Almost everybody posting on here agree we are all a paycheck or 2 away from serious belt tightening but with every arena and stadium basically around the world closed look at the chaos.Nobody buying food or drinks so those vendors are screwed.Nobody using valuable currency on memorabilia so those places are hurting .With money tight and economy's tanking or at least on hold construction and home remodeling will slow so those tradesmen are in trouble.
Not to be too negative but with this shutdown open ended everybody could be in trouble .I know the OP was talking Championship football sorry for branching off

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 13:52 - Mar 13 with 2423 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hope so...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 13:57 - Mar 13 with 2406 viewsQPR_Jim

You'd hope they'd keep the FFP rules unchanged but declare all reasonable costs/losses associated with the virus are exempt from FFP calculations. Easily done I would imagine... I expect they will mess it up though.

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 14:05 - Mar 13 with 2368 viewsstowmarketrange

With any luck 1,000s of fans will go to their local non league club and boost their profits a bit.
My choice for tomorrow is Needham Market v AFC Rushden & Diamonds.I’ll have to ask their fans if they were there when Gareth scored his wonder goals in that 3-3 draw?

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 14:55 - Mar 13 with 2288 viewsBostonR

Great little club. After a poor start they have really pushed on this season. The back-log wil be a challenge for them.

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 14:57 - Mar 13 with 2282 viewsMick_S

I used to play for them. Many moons ago. Gordon Devonshire (Alan's brother) was our manager.

Smegma - you know S.Hawkins?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 15:52 - Mar 13 with 2206 viewsozranger

Southern Premier, North and South all postponed now. So, down four levels only Northern Premier and Isthmian and the National League and NL North and South but I'd be surprised if they make it past tonight or tomorrow morning. Many of the leagues are meeting today.

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 16:03 - Mar 13 with 2172 viewskensalriser

I think the fact that the Mittals' holding is being steadily reduced because the funds being put into the club by the other owners is being converted from debt to equity indicates they're not at all interested in increasing their holding.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 16:20 - Mar 13 with 2147 viewsstowmarketrange

Thanks for the info.Now my game at Needham Market is off too.Not much going on this weekend then.

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 16:41 - Mar 13 with 2092 viewsozranger

Isthmian all off now as well. National League and Northern League are both to play this weekend. Below that it appears that almost all are still on.

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 17:05 - Mar 13 with 2045 viewsStanisgod

Sky must be cacking themselves as people cancel their sports subscriptions fora few months.
Who wants to pay £30 a month for endless runs of Liverpool v Newcastle.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 17:56 - Mar 13 with 1964 viewssmegma

Spartan South Midlands League have postponed all games in March meaning North Greenford have to play 16 games in April. Currently the fixture list is packed with home games on April 2nd, 4th, 7th, 11th , 14th, 16th, 18th and 21st. They have an away game on April 25th, supposedly THE last game of the season but still have to find dates for 4 home games and 3 away. The league HAS to be extended into May?

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 18:08 - Mar 13 with 1930 viewsMatch82

Could go the other way too if there are a bunch of people sitting around at home for way more time than they expected!

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 18:58 - Mar 13 with 1872 viewsDavieQPR

If 1000s of fans start going to non league clubs then they will close that down as well causing greater hardship to these clubs.

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 19:46 - Mar 13 with 1818 viewskropotkin41

Hard to see the logic of suspension only into April. The Government scientists are predicting the peak in June. If we're aiming for delaying and stretching that peak out then matches just need not to happen. It's not a great conclusion, but it does fit the science behind delay. The Government is not behind this, btw..... having their own interpretation of the science.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 21:27 - Mar 13 with 1723 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think the April 3rd date is a stake in the sand and the date when the next decision will take place. With a predicted peak in June it is unlikely that there will be any football until the next season, if then.

The grass is always greener.

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 22:08 - Mar 13 with 1672 viewskropotkin41

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/coronavirus-news-pre

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 01:13 - Mar 14 with 1583 viewsLazyFan

It will be based on the weather and the distribution capability of self-testing kits.
Hot and kits deployed, its back on.

Cold, wet and kits not deployed, another month we go.

zzzzzzzzzz

so who might find themselves in trouble this next 3 weeks on 01:59 - Mar 14 with 1562 viewstimcocking

Bloody everybody i should think unfortunately.

And how we can be expected to stay in with no sport to watch...unthinkable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024