Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 10:20 - Mar 17 with 6898 viewsspell_chekker

In 40 minutes, at midday, I'll be going into government enforced lockdown.

I went out this morning to fetch the bins and bumped into the council litter picker.

He said that "they" aren't telling us everything and that really a country has exploded a nuclear bomb and the radiation is now all around us and falling out of the sky.

My god, it's going to be a boring couple of weeks.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Lockdown on 16:14 - Mar 31 with 534 viewsspudgun

Yep, it is certainly one of the many problems on the horizon for the EU, and Angela Von Der Leyen made a statement today with a thinly veiled attack on Orban. It will be difficult for the EU to turn a blind eye to right-wing radicalism, and the oppression (and instability) that inevitably follows, as Orban takes complete control over the Hungarian media.

Talking of which, Trump and his attitude toward the EU and trade agreements, and the instability to financial institutions caused by his on going trade war with China is another headache that may last another four years (or more!).

Probably the biggest threat will be the fall-out from the Coronavirus, as not all countries will be able to maintain life support to their economies on the same scale, and that will trigger a political dynamic that could push the Eurozone to the brink.

Some of them will end up as basket cases, and obviously will need huge financial help over a very long period...
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 16:20]

Lockdown on 19:02 - Mar 31 with 515 viewsspell_chekker

Week 3 isn't as easy as the first two.

It's a question of being able to motivate yourself, or not.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Lockdown on 19:43 - Mar 31 with 505 viewsROTTWEILERS

Weeks one and two haven't exactly been a cakewalk. Self isolation sucks balls. I can't wait to get stuck back into some proper frontline work.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Lockdown on 23:18 - Mar 31 with 493 viewsspell_chekker

Some interesting views on radicalism and the EU.

Lockdown on 23:22 - Mar 31 with 492 viewsspell_chekker

Not to worry, the Sunderland documentary's out today.

Lockdown on 10:35 - Apr 1 with 477 viewsspell_chekker

Lockdown on 00:03 - Apr 2 with 468 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

"Countries with far-right Governments in the style of Hungary, Austria and Poland will be the eventual undoing of the EU. Discusss."

See it differently. As much as Hungary, Poland and other Eastern European countries leaders play the Populist card and make out they are standing up to the EU, it's really Russia that terrifies them, so they'll only push it so far.

Also they need Germany's money. Being part of the Euro (formally known as the Deutschmark) and having their economies run by the ECB (which is really the German Central Bank in all but name), means they are tied to the EU, like it or not.

It would be very difficult for them to quit it now and try to start their own currencies. The markets would hammer them, it's value would be next to nothing in no time, massive hyper inflation would follow, unemployment through the roof, then you're probably talking civil unrest. Then Russia steps in, as there is no way they are going to let that happen on their border.

Nice cheery picture I painted there.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 09:55 - Apr 2 with 454 viewsspudgun

Lockdown Day 10...

Mrs spudgun: "Do you want dinner?"

Spud: "What`s the choice?"

Mrs spudgun: "Yes, or f***ing no!"

Chins up....

Lockdown on 11:33 - Apr 2 with 445 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Dinner at 9:55 am? What time zone is Over Wyre in??

Lytham Diary Update :-

Some good news finally, my neighbour has at last stopped driving 200 yards to take his Dog for a walk. Think the fact that his golf clubs are beginning to rust in the back of his SUV has pushed him over the edge.

Also had an email today requesting to borrow my chainsaw and wood chipper, from a Mrs S Gun. Strange times.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 11:40 - Apr 2 with 440 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BBTRR

I'm not concerned about the three states trying to leave the EU.

I'm more interested in the extent to which the EU will eventually want to leave them. Or Greece and Italy, come to that.

That's the problem with political federalism. You're only as strong as your weak link. And the EU has loads of them.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Lockdown on 12:15 - Apr 2 with 425 viewsspudgun

"What time zone is Over Wyre in?"

Late 1950`s...

Lockdown on 12:25 - Apr 2 with 421 viewsspell_chekker

The EU tried to grow too quickly.

There were 7 state members at one time, which over many years went up to 12.

All of a sudden, bang, there were 27 / 28 all at once.

Lockdown on 19:01 - Apr 2 with 411 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

BRR

Got you now, teach me to post in the middle of the night while clearing out emails.

Yup, some Eastern European countries as I said before will get in line in the end. However wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the road the EU decided to make an example of one of them.

Noticed that the Populist party now in Government in Italy have/had totally shut up about leaving the Euro or EU. Reality can suck sometimes.

Greece I'd say is actually safe as most of it is now owned by EU (German) banks and financial institutions in lieu of the loans given. If you don't collect any taxes........

You could see a situation where the Western states say "stuff it" and kick some out, but the instability that would cause added to the fact that most see this as a decades long project, makes me think we're a long way from that yet.

But all options will be on the table.

Lockdown on 19:13 - Apr 2 with 406 viewsLala

More of the same in Bispham Ward. Shower, skip to work, work, skip home and Chinese for supper.

Am getting that nearly weekend fuzzy feeling but then realise one day is work and the other lockdown. Never mind, the latter still comes with a lie in and some me time.

Just realised today I haven’t seen one single police car or officer since lockdown. We must be a well trusted bunch in FY2

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Lockdown on 19:22 - Apr 2 with 401 viewsspudgun

No Lala, they have all been diverted Over Wyre searching for an irate woman with a borrowed wood chipper...

Lockdown on 19:27 - Apr 2 with 395 viewsLala

Hope she turns up safe. Or she turns up and you’re still safe 🤯

Lockdown on 13:59 - Apr 4 with 382 viewsLala

First day of rest in a good two weeks for me in FY2. Sainsbury’s done, washing done and a beef pot roast and veg cooking for supper and tomorrow’s lunch.

Quiet outside, but not tumbleweed standards, probably as those still working in the week get their shopping and jobs done.

Still no sign of any officers 👮‍♀️ but still no need for them here.

Lockdown on 15:56 - Apr 4 with 373 viewsspell_chekker

Is there any indication that people have been flouting the curfew due to the nice weather?

I get the feeling that people here are starting to let it slip a bit, some are mixing slightly more than before.

Lockdown on 16:01 - Apr 4 with 373 viewsspell_chekker

France is the in form country, overtaking China and storming up to 5th in the table.

Consistency is the key for the UK. Slowly but surely reeling in Iran, in a bid for a play off spot.

Lockdown on 17:00 - Apr 4 with 358 viewsLala

It’s still pretty cold here today Spell. Tomorrow is meant to be a belter. I’m working but I imagine most will stick to the restrictions still but enjoy alcohol and barbecuing in their garden with their families.
That’s my prediction.

Lockdown on 17:03 - Apr 4 with 357 viewsspudgun

Well, some anti-social distancing anyway...
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 17:04]

Lockdown on 19:37 - Apr 4 with 338 viewsspell_chekker

Lots of barbecues here today.

Mainly involving families.

I noticed one or two close neighbours getting together in a garden.

People having difficulty keeping young children confined to barracks.

People can't be locked down forever.

That'd be asking for trouble.

Lockdown on 20:06 - Apr 4 with 332 viewsROTTWEILERS

spell👏

Human contact is a basic human need - I'm expecting civil unrest if this continues.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Lockdown on 19:34 - Apr 5 with 306 viewsspell_chekker

Grrrr.

A lovely spring day today tainted by the cloud of work that's hanging over me for tomorrow.

f***ing internet!!!!!

Lockdown on 20:28 - Apr 5 with 293 viewsLala

Work again for me today then and a quick trip for some essentials and a new brush after that. My intentions to sweep the garden got as far as the brush purchase though as I slept for 2 hours when I got home 🥴

Looking forward to The Nest on tv at 9 if I can stay awake.

Got my 10 steps in though 👍

FY2 over and out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024