Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 10:20 - Mar 17 with 7258 viewsspell_chekker

In 40 minutes, at midday, I'll be going into government enforced lockdown.

I went out this morning to fetch the bins and bumped into the council litter picker.

He said that "they" aren't telling us everything and that really a country has exploded a nuclear bomb and the radiation is now all around us and falling out of the sky.

My god, it's going to be a boring couple of weeks.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Lockdown on 18:36 - Mar 19 with 586 viewsLala

Get your finger out Rotty, less of this tardiness 😆

Bispham/Warbreck ward update. No bread in my local shop at 5.30 tonight and I resolutely refuse to become a panic buyer. Rice and chicken for tea it is.

Morning walk to work, an 11 minute walk on a busy stretch saw only one other walker on the busy route at 8.30 am. That’s was odd.

Devi Arms still looks open 🤔 as is the local chippy. Overall nothing serious to report, though apparently shops are getting low on paint. The universe again conspires against the possibility of me painting my porch come lockdown 🙃

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Lockdown on 19:23 - Mar 19 with 569 viewsspell_chekker

This is too cool.

Spud panic buying eggs and Jane paying a premium for toilet roll.

Rott with his head in the sand.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Lockdown on 19:26 - Mar 19 with 568 viewsjanegallagher

And LaLa skipping to work without a care in the world

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Lockdown on 19:28 - Mar 19 with 566 viewsspell_chekker

I've had 2 authorised trips out today.

1) exercise (bike ride)

2) essential purchases

I saw 3 friends / neighbours / acquaintances on these sorties.

All 3 were s**t scared about coming into contact with me and made a point of keeping a large distance.

Keep the reports coming!!!

Lockdown on 19:30 - Mar 19 with 559 viewsLala

Haha Jane I know!!

I love my morning walk 😊

Lockdown on 19:33 - Mar 19 with 554 viewsLala

Are they normally sh*t scared off contact with you Spell as opposed to being virus related

Lockdown on 19:35 - Mar 19 with 550 viewsspell_chekker

If a barmaid in the Devvy Arms or someone in the Chippy is infected then it's curtains.

Lockdown on 19:36 - Mar 19 with 548 viewsspell_chekker

P.S.

Happy that you skip to work.

That's not usually the way I do it.

Lockdown on 19:39 - Mar 19 with 547 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

London update :

London Underground is scaling back its operation. The balance between "quick and efficient way to get around London" and "foul-smelling, unhealthy cesspit" has swung decisively.

We're also shunning trains and buses to a remarkable degree ; the Rush Hour has become the Saunter Hour, and travelling off-peak is increasingly A Study In Solitude.

We stood up to Hitler and are viewing this as the New Blitz. We'll be hanging out the washing on the Wuhan Line by Christmas.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Lockdown on 19:49 - Mar 19 with 541 viewsjanegallagher

we shall fight on the car parks
we shall fight in the shopping aisles
we shall fight in booths and in Morrison’s ,
we shall fight in Lidl
we shall never surrender our dried pasta or toilet rolls

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Lockdown on 19:56 - Mar 19 with 537 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 09:28 - Mar 20 with 506 viewsROTTWEILERS

Cleveleys Report:

I wiped my ass with a wet wipe today. Or maybe yesterday; I can't be sure. Anchorsholme Lidl is relatively well stocked with most things apart from bread and loo roll so, for now, flushable wet wipes it is.

Still working due to being a 'key worker' but trying to cut down on the social contact. I work alongside colleagues from the NHS and am finding their 'carry on as usual' approach downright dangerous so am working from home today. Will pop to the shops at some point to get three lots of provisions for Mum, Dad and brother (starting chemo today).

It is a beautiful day and a walk on the beach beckons. The kids are fuming that they still have to go into school but, apart from winding them up, they will probably be allowed to stay off just like their mates are.

Strange times. Stay safe peeps.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Lockdown on 09:46 - Mar 20 with 495 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

London Latest :

The big news today is that toilet rolls have been secured, even if we are running at danger levels on courgettes and cauliflower. Sainsbury's was a bit odd this morning : less locusts in evidence, but as they hadn't actually re-stocked the shelves from the night before it made no difference really. Only one till open as well ; they had more staff replacing excess planned purchases on shelves than they had actually selling stuff.

Buses relatively quiet, far more masks in evidence though ( I sidled up to one mask-wearer and asked him if he knew that it would make absolutely no difference). Our local winos appear to have taken a strategic decision not to self-isolate as yet ; but they have hedged their bets slightly by congregating on the benches outside the hospital.

Levels of Blitz Spirit currently uncertain. My attempt to get a chorus of "There'll Always Be An England" going on the 284 was conspicuously unsuccessful as the driver claimed he didn't know the words. And there has been absolutely no sign of Vera Lynn.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 9:48]

Lockdown on 11:30 - Mar 20 with 460 viewsspell_chekker

The Lockdown Diaries Day 4

Is it day 4? It's all starting to melt in to one.

My partner is now "working" from home - paying lip service to the word 'work'.

My work schedule from home will get a bit more serious next week.

It a lovely day here and we're breaking all the rules by having drinks on the terrace with neighbours this afto.

I hope we won't be spreading the virus.

Lockdown on 11:52 - Mar 20 with 449 viewsspudgun

Over Wyre report:

A very large flock of grey lag geese appeared on the field opposite yesterday, or maybe the day before, the significance of which didn't immediately register with me.

I now realise (having surveyed the thousands of holes in the topsoil) that they have been feasting on the spuds left in the ground from last autumn (due to the wet weather).

I had been helping myself to said spuds, as and when required over the winter, and viewed it as my very own secret store of complex carbs to see me through crisis.

But my `coronavirus secret spud larder` has been decimated, and I will now have take my chances and forage in the shops.

Watched them fly off today, full of spud, and I swear they were cackling at me.

Also saw four buzzards hunting together - you don`t often see that...

Lockdown on 12:29 - Mar 20 with 439 viewsspell_chekker

Geese, yikes, what about bird flu?

Lockdown on 12:40 - Mar 20 with 430 viewsspudgun

That would be the coup de grace, spell! And they did look rather mangy.

They`ve gone now anyway, heading in a southerly direction.

London or possibly France possibly?

Lockdown on 18:57 - Mar 20 with 412 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

So they flu away in the end?....

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 20:37 - Mar 20 with 395 viewsspell_chekker

Red

Lockdown on 20:41 - Mar 20 with 394 viewsLala

Another key worker here in Bispham ward. Lot’s of confusion around who gets priority schooling as some schools have already said they can’t accommodate the children of all the key workers who attend their schools so now they are identifying the key key workers 🤔

Very quiet skip to work again today and eerily quiet skip home in what is normally rush hour time.

After the no bread debacle last night I snook into my local shop before work and secured myself one pint of milk and 4 fresh baps 😱

Working Sunday and will be wandering aimlessly around the house Saturday looking for jobs I can avoid doing. Am beginning to wonder why I quit drinking now 💁‍♀️ I’d soon be reminded in the morning though if I lapsed 😩

The Devi Arms will obviously now be closing which is no loss to me, but I’m hoping the chippy survives another day.

Strange times that are evoking strange emotions.!

Lockdown on 20:41 - Mar 20 with 392 viewsspudgun

Don`t encourage him, spell...

Lockdown on 20:56 - Mar 20 with 384 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Were they large baps Lala?

Lockdown on 20:57 - Mar 20 with 380 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

*Snigger*

Lockdown on 20:57 - Mar 20 with 380 viewsLala

Slightly less than a handful 👍

Lockdown on 07:36 - Mar 21 with 357 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Lytham:- A special report.

While still self isolating, I sent my drone out last night to film the action, truly horrific viewing.

As the Pubs, Restaurants and Wine Bars began to shut the streets became a sea of tears, fake sun tan oil and empty cheap wine bottles with foreign sounding labels. Where does the "Look at me" crowd now go to be looked at?

But the real shock and true scale of the damage was revealed this morning as I sent my drone out to grab a couple of large baps.

Overnight the town has gone bankrupt. People are already sat outside their houses setting up garage sales, so many golf club sets, framed and signed shirts from Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard etc.... being sold, It's breaks your heart.

Watching parents taking their little Tamara, Kylie etc... to Pony Club, knowing it not to ride the Pony, but to shoot it, to ensure they have enough food to put on the table to eat next week, as they wont be able to buy M&S fine dine ready meals anymore. Well it's either that or shop at Tesco or god forbid, Lidl!!. Truly disturbing footage to watch.

This is a plea to Bojo and Sunak...... Pilates teachers, personal shoppers, Feng Shui experts, new age weekend hippy costume jewellery makers etc, etc.... the list is endless (also those people who say they work from home but you have no idea what they actually do).

These people need your help now and fast, protect the pretentious and shallow now, before it's too late.

This is Red Room your special reporter, on the front line signing off.

PS Grabbed a couple of large baps. 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024