Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 10:20 - Mar 17 with 7363 viewsspell_chekker

In 40 minutes, at midday, I'll be going into government enforced lockdown.

I went out this morning to fetch the bins and bumped into the council litter picker.

He said that "they" aren't telling us everything and that really a country has exploded a nuclear bomb and the radiation is now all around us and falling out of the sky.

My god, it's going to be a boring couple of weeks.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Lockdown on 12:03 - Mar 26 with 488 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

London update :

a very successful morning, retail-wise. Reborn Towers now has a pretty full larder, all things considered. Praise be unto Borough Market....

Lockdown is now biting here. Lewisham was dead this morning, traffic levels being at about 1% of what is normal. London Bridge the same. Very few people knocking about ; supermarket supplies better. Fresh fruit and vegetables pretty plentiful, but pasta, tinned goods, long-life milk and toilet roll still scarce. We are up to 97 cases in this Borough as of yesterday, which makes us the 11th worst in the country. I expected worse, to be honest.

I think that is me indoors until Sunday now.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Lockdown on 20:02 - Mar 26 with 481 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Lytham Update :- A special report.

Disaster this morning. Monique my neighbour had part of her house extension collapse today. No surprise really was built by some rough looking sorts from Over Wyre (Think cross between Auf Wiedersehen, Pet and Deliverance). Knew they were going to be trouble when she had to get her friend from Burnley to help translate.

Anyway it turns out that Monique is a self employed exotic dancer, so has asked me to return tonight to help with filling out her tax returns (all while keeping six feet away of course). So in these troubled times how could I say no? Also she's promised to show me some novel uses you can do with baps.

Stay safe out there.

Red Room signing off.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 06:01 - Mar 27 with 462 viewsspell_chekker

It's been a week and a half now of the initial fortnight period since lockdown began so I'm wondering when an extension period of another 2 weeks will be announced.

They've surely got to extend the lockdown as figures are presently worse than when it started.

I'd be surprised if people could be confined for more than 1 month though.

Supermarket yesterday. I found and wore and old pair of disposable rubber gloves that had been sitting in the back of a cupboard for a few years.

Supermarket stocks were pretty much the same as Robbie's.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Lockdown on 06:54 - Mar 27 with 456 viewsspell_chekker

Lockdown observation:

Of the few cars circulation, a higher percentage than usual seem to be irresponsible drivers screeching about.

Is it the druggy and petty criminal sub-class, I wonder?

Lockdown on 11:09 - Mar 27 with 440 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

You're beginning to get the names and stories of individual victims now, which I hope might start to hammer home to the idiots out there how serious this is.

Just spotted this....

Julie, 16, youngest French victim of pandemic

The smiling face of a Parisian teenager named Julie A beams from the pages of French websites today. The 16-year-old schoolgirl is the country's youngest victim of the coronavirus.

Her sister, Manon, has warned that her death shows that everyone is a risk from Covid-19.

"Julie just had a light cough last week and it got worse with mucus at the weekend. On Monday they went to see the doctor and that's when she was diagnosed with respiratory distress. She's had no particular illnesses before," Manon told Le Parisien newspaper.

Julie was taken to hospital and transferred to the Necker hospital in Paris where she was put on a respirator on Tuesday night. But it was too late to help as her lungs had failed.

"We've got to stop thinking this only affects the elderly. No-one is invincible against this mutant virus," says her sister.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Lockdown on 11:17 - Mar 27 with 437 viewsspudgun

Crikey, Boris has it now.

Lockdown on 11:35 - Mar 27 with 433 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Wondered why he wasn't at yesterday's briefing

Lockdown on 13:08 - Mar 27 with 420 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has it now.

Gove to do daily briefings.

Lockdown on 13:29 - Mar 27 with 417 viewsspudgun

Not all bad news then.

And I remember Monique... or rather Sharon.

That boa constrictor should be in a secure tank...

Lockdown on 17:00 - Mar 27 with 405 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Now The Chief Medical Officer

Lockdown on 10:24 - Mar 28 with 394 viewsspell_chekker

An extension of the lockdown period was announced for us yesterday.

France now in lockdown for a minimum of another 2 weeks - until 15th April.

Lockdown on 12:16 - Mar 28 with 392 viewsspell_chekker

It's neck and neck with France vying with Iran for 6th place.

The UK looking to consolidate in 8th.

The hope is that China will be expelled from the competition for a breach of CVFP (coronavirus fair play) rules and the Champions League and Europa Cup slots will be awarded to countries in 5th and 6th places.

Lockdown on 12:44 - Mar 28 with 385 viewsImperial

The wife is into cleaning all surfaces particularly after the documentary last night. I think it is as much about keeping busy as it is about her desire to keep the house virus free.

I am convinced we will all need to contract this virus to eventually be free of it.

Yes with my health conditions my odds of recovery are considerably less than most but there appears no other viable option at the moment.

Social distancing and self isolation is freeing medical resources to cope over a longer period of time which is the right thing to do but in my opinion only delaying the inevitable that all of us will eventually have to go through the coronavirus live or die sweepstakes if society is going to return to "normal".

Lockdown on 14:18 - Mar 28 with 382 viewsspell_chekker

Exactly, it's easy to forget some of the original principles.

Ex: Most of us are going to get it. It's a question of pushing back the peak and spreading it out over a period of time so that the hospitals can cope.

Lockdown on 16:12 - Mar 28 with 375 viewsspudgun

Over Wyre report:

We are nearly a week into self-isolation and it`s really upsetting me to witness mrs spudgun standing at the living room window, gazing aimlessly into space with tears running down her cheeks. It breaks my heart to see her like this.

I`ve thought very hard how to cheer her up.

I`ve even considered letting her in.

But rules are rules....

Lockdown on 16:32 - Mar 28 with 372 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I truly hope Mrs Spud gets to read this thread! 😎

Lockdown on 18:15 - Mar 28 with 360 viewsLala

I’ve had my granddaughter today as my daughter is also a key worker and had to work. My grandaughter is still attending school with 120 other children Monday to Friday so she’s technically safer with me than she is in the week.

We walked to get some essentials then planted some cress seeds 😊 eggs on toast for lunch and not a bad isolation day to be fair.

Work for me tomorrow, am in 6 days a week at the mo so am very lucky the lockdown cabin fever is really not so bad at all for me.
The streets are quieter in Bispham ward for sure but definitely not desolate and buses are still passing by.

Go on Spud, let the lady in

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Lockdown on 18:27 - Mar 28 with 357 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Hey! Good to see you posting Lala. 👍

Keep smiling, glad you got time with your Granddaughter,

Lockdown on 18:45 - Mar 28 with 353 viewsLala

Thank you! I’m lucky but probably won’t see her for at least 2 weeks now but can’t complain. FaceTime is a very wonderful thing 😊

Cant see this lockdown ending prior to start of May maybe ? Anybody else’s thoughts?

Lockdown on 19:18 - Mar 28 with 348 viewsspudgun

Yep, I personally think it may run beyond the three weeks, but who really knows?

Very tough for those living in flats, and with kids.

And for mrs spud, of course...

Lockdown on 19:37 - Mar 28 with 346 viewsLala

Hahaha your life won’t be worth living once she’s burgled her way back in.

Yes, there are a lot much worse off than us. Cranky wouldn’t come close to it for me 😩

Lockdown on 19:49 - Mar 28 with 344 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Really hard to know how long this lockdown will last. Got a feeling it'll last well into the summer, last thing you want is lifting the lockdown too early, then everyone charges back to going to pubs, clubs, work, restaurants etc... and after 2/3 weeks it comes back and you have to start everything again.

Spud

I believe Mrs Spud in getting special ninja assassin training for Dora and the chickens. Be careful next time you go for a walk.....

Lockdown on 20:51 - Mar 28 with 333 viewsLala

I was kind of hoping that total lockdown would end early May but restrictions such as no pub or restaurant reopenings or gatherings of more than 10 or suchlike till maybe August time.

Though I have nothing to base this on at all other than my own musings.

Lockdown on 12:42 - Mar 29 with 320 viewsspell_chekker

Yes, as Lala.

There'll be a gradual lifting of restrictions.

Lockdown on 14:31 - Mar 29 with 307 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

TTL Report :

Lewisham deserted today - almost no traffic, very few people apart from at the supermarket and pharmacies.

Queuing for entry at Sainsbury's for the first time, but only twenty in the queue when we arrived - and when we left. Stocks good, apart from pasta, we even managed to buy toilet roll, some tinned goods and long life milk today. Strict enforcement of social distancing at the checkouts by two women wearing riot-police type visors. Cashier enclosed by plastic screens, which was new.

Bus home practically empty - which is unheard of on a Sunday morning. That's it for us until Thursday.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024