Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your claim to fame? 09:05 - Mar 18 with 20616 viewsW13R

Right, a bit of lighted fun in these testing times.

Mine is, performed twice at The Royal Albert Hall.
First time around I sang a solo to a full house.

What's your claim to fame? on 09:10 - Mar 18 with 5985 viewsLblock

EXPAND!

(And don't say you sang Frankie Knuckles - Tears on loop to the audience)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What's your claim to fame? on 09:15 - Mar 18 with 5972 viewsLoftgirl

Impressive start.

What's your claim to fame? on 09:20 - Mar 18 with 5968 viewsW13R

For those of you who are old enough to remember, it was a Gala for the Boy's Brigade.

Don't judge me, I was very young and thankfully Mr Savile, Harris & Glitter were nowhere in site during or after my BAFTA winning performance!

What's your claim to fame? on 09:26 - Mar 18 with 5922 views2Thomas2Bowles

Played Saxophone in the BBC concert orchestra for a year, many years ago.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What's your claim to fame? on 09:26 - Mar 18 with 5931 viewsWokingR

For some school event we went to the Natural History Museum and I played the Didgeridoo which was televised live.
Unfortunately Rolf Harris WAS there

What's your claim to fame? on 09:28 - Mar 18 with 5926 viewsloftboy

Back in 1981 a week before my 13th birthday I became Berks and Bucks youngest referee.

Arsenal at home (the midweek game 2014/15). I was on the pitch at HT doing the challenge and was told it was being broadcast all over Asia ( I proceeded to duly fûck it up)

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What's your claim to fame? on 09:31 - Mar 18 with 5914 viewsPhildo

Wogan did a live show from Bush green fairground once and for the title credits they kept the rides running for about 5 times the normal length - I eventually got off and vomited on live TV

My brothers is better - he won crackerjack with Leslie Crowther in the 60s from the TV theatre- his prize was a scooter.

What's your claim to fame? on 09:36 - Mar 18 with 5890 viewsHantsR

I got to the final of The Weakest Link, then, unbelievably lost to a 76yr old granny who appeared to otherwise know very little about anything and was a nervous wreck.

What's your claim to fame? on 09:37 - Mar 18 with 5890 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

"Mr Savile, Harris & Glitter were nowhere in site during or after my BAFTA winning performance!"

As a small boy I went to a cub scout performance at the Royal Albert Hall by Rolf Harris. Only part that I really remember is his Jake the Peg routine!

My claim to fame. I was part of the London Lord Mayor's Parade once. Being driven around town in the Pope mobile! There was some TV footage of the vehicle driving along at distance with my little head bobbing around. Then just as we're getting into shot and our school introduced by the TV presenter I subsequently fall off my seat.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

What's your claim to fame? on 09:39 - Mar 18 with 5880 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was taught to play guitar by the original Deep Purple Bassist, played football with Ray Wilkins in the Hayes & District league (even at two years younger than the rest of us you could see he was quality) and was taught to shoot a handgun by the weapons training officers at Dayton (Ohio) Police Academy.

The grass is always greener.

What's your claim to fame? on 09:40 - Mar 18 with 5880 viewsNorthernr

I sang in a group on a charity single for Telethon 1990 (an old ITV equivalent of children in need) with Jive Bunny. Got to 17 in the charts or something sht and my mum has loads of VHS of me touring round television studios looking absolutely terrified because I hadn't realised all the puppet co-hosts on kids TV had a bloke operating them from below.
Think the song was a horrendous mash up of don't like Monday's, brick in the wall and Baggy Trousers.

What's your claim to fame? on 10:17 - Mar 18 with 5823 viewsTheChef

Once appeared on Fifteen To One.

Met Diego Maradona.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What's your claim to fame? on 10:22 - Mar 18 with 5811 viewsdaveB

I'm pretty sure i bought that single

What's your claim to fame? on 10:25 - Mar 18 with 5798 viewsdannyblue

I went to Oliver Bierhoff’s wedding

What's your claim to fame? on 10:29 - Mar 18 with 5789 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I was once in a film with Fred Astaire and Charlotte Rampling.

It was Purple Taxi and because Ms. Rampling's breasts could be seen in one bath scene the film was banned and my moment of fame was denied me by the Irish Censorship board.

I got paid 12 quid a day for three days and free meals, and I am reliably formed that never in the history of World Cinema has a blonde five-year old boy herded cows with such deep, studied solemnity as I.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What's your claim to fame? on 10:29 - Mar 18 with 5787 viewsMick_S

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it, but I was in Minder. I also made some false teeth for John Major, the wives of Smith and Jones and Rolf Harris's daughter. I also made a false tooth for a dog. I played football with Scott Donnelly and he made me fall over twice.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What's your claim to fame? on 10:36 - Mar 18 with 5761 viewspaulparker

Went out with Claire from Steps
Shagged Neil Shipperleys girlfriend when he was a trainee at Chelsea

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What's your claim to fame? on 10:37 - Mar 18 with 5761 viewsericgen34

I have a couple:
I iced skated in the middle of the night with Motorhead
I shook Bob Marley's hand - and the Wailer's - and not at a gig but the night before during the sound check

What's your claim to fame? on 10:38 - Mar 18 with 5750 viewsqprxtc

I puked up over the girlfriend of the drummer from Diesel Park West at The Borderline in 1999.

What's your claim to fame? on 10:43 - Mar 18 with 5730 viewsMick_S

Claire from Steps used to, ahem, "date" her boyfriend in Hillingdon Station car park as it was only £2.00 to stay there for the whole day. Very resourceful.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What's your claim to fame? on 10:48 - Mar 18 with 5707 viewsNorthernr

Oh and a second one, bits of The Capture, which was on BBC1 last year, were filmed in our garden and next door's kitchen

What's your claim to fame? on 10:52 - Mar 18 with 5691 viewsPhildo

An episode of The Sweeney got filmed in our house and my Raleigh Chopper was in it

the money paid for my sisters wedding

What's your claim to fame? on 10:53 - Mar 18 with 5689 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Wasn't his digeridoo was it??

I was in Hornblower, Green Streets and played a greasy pimp who gets shot by a lovely German Actress in a film that was never released.

What I was up against..

https://ibb.co/G5dKWPY][img]
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 12:39]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

What's your claim to fame? on 10:56 - Mar 18 with 5668 viewsLblock

I’m Spartacus

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What's your claim to fame? on 11:04 - Mar 18 with 5643 viewsLongsufferingR

"As a small boy I went to a cub scout performance at the Royal Albert Hall by Rolf Harris. Only part that I really remember is his Jake the Peg routine!"

Did he ask you to feel his middle leg?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024