Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chloroquine 10:08 - Mar 30 with 741 viewsspell_chekker

I posted about this drug last week.

One of the world's leading virologists. Dr Didier Raoult has been banging on about it for quite a while as a miracle cure.

It's supposedly an efficient treatment against the coronavirus.

A drug that's been known to medicine for a long, long time and has been through all the tests.

It's a common treament against malaria.

Why aren't we using it? Is it fake news and am I missing something here?

https://lailasnews.com/chloroquine-confirmed-as-anti-viral-drug-for-coronavirus/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroquine

https://www.drugs.com/cdi/chloroquine.html

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Chloroquine on 10:28 - Mar 30 with 592 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Saw a interview with a doctor who's involved with testing hydroxychloroquine (also mentioned 3 other drugs that were in trails).

A lot of very big words were used and my brain did sort of start to melt, but it came down to a) they need to run proper trials. b) Chloroquine is quite a toxic drug apparently.

There have already been cases in the USA of people dying by taking overdoses of it.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Chloroquine on 10:39 - Mar 30 with 589 viewsspell_chekker

The safe doses are known and like all medicines, it has side effects.

Dr. Raoult and his team in Marseille are supposed to be the world's leading experts in contageous diseases and they're all for it.

It's not just anyone who's saying this drug should be used against the corona virus. Dr; Raoult is more experienced and qualified than the detractors.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Chloroquine on 10:56 - Mar 30 with 584 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I remember during the AIDs epidemic, seemed about every week they would claim they had found a treatment, but in the end it took over a decade to get it right.

If everyone is so confident of Dr Raoult's results why aren't they handing this out like smarties in France? Last I saw was the French, like here expect the death rate to soar sadly, over the next couple of weeks.

He might turn out to be correct, but I'm happy to let them take their time and get it right.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Chloroquine on 11:09 - Mar 30 with 581 viewsspudgun

Part of the problem here is Trump, who is advocating the use of hydroxychlorine, chloroquine and azithromycin as a miracle cure available now, whilst the medical world is carefully running clinical tests. This was explained to him by his Chief Medical Officer Dr Fauci at a press conference!

In time it may be found that the combination of these drugs is of benefit in the fight against coronavirus. But, not for the first time, Trump is exhibiting signs of impatience, rashness and ignorance, and sowing seeds of confusion...

Chloroquine on 11:20 - Mar 30 with 579 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Actually thought yesterday was Trump's best briefing (not a very high bar, I'll grant you).

He pulled back from lifting the advice on the lockdown and actually extended it to 30th April.

When talking about possible treatments he said we might or might not have good news in a few weeks.

Still jumped down the throats of the CNN and PBS reporters, and started some bizarre conspiracy theory that a hospital in New York was flogging all this extra PPE out of the back door, (expect Como to hit back at that one later today), but that's Trump.

Chloroquine on 11:29 - Mar 30 with 575 viewsspudgun

Missed that one; Cuomo gives really good press interviews and appears to have all the attributes Trump lacks.

Nothing weird about Trump crowing about being a `ratings hit`, whilst thousands are dying in the USA.

But then again, he doesn't do empathy, does he?

Chloroquine on 11:53 - Mar 30 with 573 viewsspell_chekker

"If everyone is so confident of Dr Raoult's results why aren't they handing this out like smarties in France?"

That's exactly the point Red. Why aren't they prescribing this?

If you go on holiday to a tropical country, you're prescribed a similar drug to ward off malaria, and it's been like that for a long time.

Professeur Raoult is the world leader in this field an knows more about the drug than all the people advising the government.

Chloroquine on 11:55 - Mar 30 with 570 viewsspell_chekker

"He might turn out to be correct"

In fact, he's already sucessfully treated loads of people - everyone who's been to him in Marseille.

Chloroquine on 11:59 - Mar 30 with 568 viewsspell_chekker

"whilst the medical world is carefully running clinical tests"

OK, we'll have this discussion in another 6 or 7 years when the clinical trials have been done. That's if we're not all, or several million people in the world at least, dead by then.

Raoult says use it and he's supposed to know. He's not a fly by night charlatan.

Chloroquine on 12:01 - Mar 30 with 565 viewsspell_chekker

Also, Raoult and his team of experts have no other interest than helping / curing people. It's their job and they've nothing else to gain.

Chloroquine on 15:07 - Mar 30 with 551 viewsspell_chekker

Another article dating back to February:

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2020/02/20/antimalarial-drug-confirmed-effec

Chloroquine on 16:55 - Apr 9 with 528 viewsspell_chekker

Just to say that Macron went to Marseille this afternoon to meet Professeur Raoult and his team at his reseach centre (attached to the university there I think).

Chloroquine on 20:32 - Jun 15 with 464 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Chloroquine on 20:34 - Jun 15 with 462 viewsspudgun

Good job Trump has 29 million doses, plus what he bullied out of India!

Chloroquine on 20:40 - Jun 15 with 458 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I'm guessing they'll just pump their chickens full of it, wash them in all that Dettol he ordered, then sell them to us as part of the new trade deal in January

Chloroquine on 20:40 - Jun 15 with 457 viewsspell_chekker

If administered correctly, it's supposed to be good.

If you're a GP, flying a desk, it's probably a bit dangerous. Agreed.

Chloroquine on 10:38 - Jun 16 with 442 viewsspudgun

Red, it really doesn`t bear thinking about if we strike a trade deal with the USA and reduce our standards.

The safest meat is British lamb by the way...

Chloroquine on 15:03 - Jun 16 with 431 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

It's been interesting the note the local Covid hotspots that have happened at food/meat processing plants in The USA.

Chloroquine on 17:30 - Jun 19 with 418 viewsROTTWEILERS

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/the-hydroxychloroquine-scandal

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Chloroquine on 18:25 - Jun 19 with 405 viewsspudgun

Well it doesn`t seem to have done Donald any harm.

So am I right in thinking that this fella believes that the danger of C19 is being exaggerated and used by the government (aided by a complicit MSM ), in order to erode our freedoms and allow financial institutions the opportunity to seize chunks of the economy and transfer the nations wealth to themselves at little financial risk?

Is that something like the big picture, or have I got it hopelessly wrong?

Chloroquine on 18:37 - Jun 19 with 402 viewsROTTWEILERS

Don't know, I couldn't be bothered to read it

Chloroquine on 18:49 - Jun 19 with 397 viewsspell_chekker

Isn't there some kind of scandal about the supposedly authorative medical journal "The Lancet" publishing an irresponsible article which was slagging off chloroquine as a viable remedy?

Chloroquine on 19:15 - Jun 19 with 392 viewsspudgun

Rotts:

I didn`t get past `usual suspects` and `mainstream media` myself, but I was asking more of a general question.

Obviously you have strident views on the lock down, so I was wondering if you bought into (what I consider to be possibly) Davis`s idea.

Do you think there is some kind of concerted government plan behind the lock down relating to freedom and money grabs?

Chloroquine on 19:47 - Jun 19 with 387 viewsROTTWEILERS

Just think through a combination of human nature and systems errors, we have ended up in a huge pickle. No conspiracy. Does that make me guilty of wrongthink?

Chloroquine on 20:06 - Jun 19 with 381 viewsspudgun

"Does that make me guilty of wrongthink?" - not at all.

I don`t think we are judgemental on here; I certainly try not to be, and respect all opinions, whether I agree or disagree.

You do have very strong views on why the lock down is wrong, and the fella you whose post you were sharing has views along the lines I mentioned earlier (I believe) - hence the question.

Just out of interest Rotts, can I ask what you mean by `human nature` and `system errors`? And why you feel the lock down was so wrong?
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 20:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024