Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bravery under fire - a modern twist 11:20 - Mar 30 with 1438 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

La Reborn is currently upstairs working from home. She is due a brew, which is my job.

However, she is currently listening to Led Zeppelin, and the volume suggests that she is struggling with a thorny problem.

I'm scared to go in. I'm also scared of the consequences if I don't. Is there a special category of support from the Government that I might qualify for?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 11:25 - Mar 30 with 1431 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Fine music choice

You should be giving this heroic woman service à l'Anglais. (Yes I had to google the term, sounds better than silver service )

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 11:44 - Mar 30 with 1423 viewsspudgun

Don`t suppose it was `Tea for One` that was playing?*

*Possibly Zep`s dullest every track - a turgid reworking of the epic, `Since I`ve been Loving You`....

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 12:18 - Mar 30 with 1414 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm not a LZ fan spud, so I wouldn't know.

She's moved on to Deep Purple now. That suggests the worst is over. She could well be off budgets and on to commissioning research. #PrayForRobbie....

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 12:26 - Mar 30 with 1408 viewsspudgun

Acquired tastes; especially when concentrating on important work...

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 13:24 - Mar 30 with 1398 viewsspell_chekker

You should be OK unless she suddenly starts on a Leonard Cohen album.

Then you've got to go in. Above and beyond the call of duty.

My partner is currently sewing some medical face masks from old sheets and based on a pattern provided by the hospital at Grenoble.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 13:45 - Mar 30 with 1394 viewsspudgun

I think if you hear Leonard Cohen`s dulcet tones wafting from the room the damage has been done, spell.

Nick Drake is probably the last chance saloon for salvation, and even then it is probably touch and go...

[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 13:46]

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 13:48 - Mar 30 with 1389 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

She LOVES Leonard Cohen.

I managed to lure her out for a few minutes, but that is mainly because her diary has been re-arranged and we have had to re-schedule lunch for three o'clock. Yes, three. People have no idea what I am going through in the name of top-class governance.....

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 14:01 - Mar 30 with 1384 viewsspudgun

It`s almost like she`s trying to blot out reality by inducing a catatonic state through listening to insanely loud and brain-damagingly repetitive music, and then when she realises it`s futility, resorting to the funeral-tinged nihilism of Leonard Cohen for solace.

Why could that be?

Just saying...

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 14:03 - Mar 30 with 1378 viewsspell_chekker

Is anyone saying that the divorce rate will rise as a result of lockdown?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 14:03 - Mar 30 with 1378 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's a mystery, isn't it?

I've tried to comfort her. I said I thought it would be over by August. She just started sobbing.....

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 19:06 - Mar 31 with 1350 viewsspell_chekker

No sign of Robbie today.

It doesn't look like he survived the ordeal.

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 19:23 - Mar 31 with 1345 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

(bravely waves from the crucible of policy-making)

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 23:15 - Mar 31 with 1329 viewsspell_chekker

It could have been worse - the mother-in-law for example.

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 07:25 - Apr 1 with 1323 viewsLala

You can claim 80% of your pride back if things go awry, but can’t collect till June.

Hope the wound licking isn’t too intense 😉

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 09:48 - Apr 1 with 1315 viewsspell_chekker

What do you know that we don't?

You make it sound as though he's been indulgining in a bit of self-flagellation. Or is it flatulation?

Bravery under fire - a modern twist on 09:57 - Apr 1 with 1307 viewsspudgun

Probably one is a direct consequence of the other...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024