Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feet to the fire... 10:40 - Apr 1 with 171 viewsspudgun

I think the hostile reaction of the media to Robert Jenrick - who was the sacrificial lamb to the slaughter on the early morning tv and radio run - sent a jarring message to the government today that they are not going to accept the complacency exhibited by Michael Gove yesterday.

His (apparently) disingenuous claim that the lack of testing was being hampered by a lack of the right chemicals seemingly being quickly debunked by Robert Peston.

The public need to know the real reason the government aren`t testing at the rate of other countries, as it was only a week or two ago that Johnson boasted that we were `leading the world in the fight against this pandemic`...

Feet to the fire... on 11:05 - Apr 1 with 156 viewsROTTWEILERS

About time too. Suddenly having a lying PM is not such a double-funny lark after all.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Feet to the fire... on 11:17 - Apr 1 with 152 viewsspell_chekker

If only we could see in to the future.

I've still got a bad feeling about the UK becoming one of the pandemic's epicentres.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Feet to the fire... on 12:43 - Apr 1 with 144 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Gove and Jenrick really is the C Team, as far as the Government is concerned.

My source tells me that the health experts are confident that they still have a reasonable grip on this, but there is no room for slackening of effort.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Feet to the fire... on 13:14 - Apr 1 with 137 viewsspudgun

And my sources have had emails ‘advising’ them not to speak to anyone about lack of PPE.

And The Govester a ‘C lister’?

I think not!

He bestrides politics like a behemoth.

And a damned saucy one at that...
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 13:16]

Feet to the fire... on 13:29 - Apr 1 with 121 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Beginning to feel like I'm stuck in a giant petri dish, part of some sixth form science experiment.

Think part of the problem is saying x or y is a good total of deaths, really very stupid to have targets on something like this. There will be a temptation to then get the figures to match your targets.

Noticed yesterday that the ONS gave revised figures for upto 20th March. Deaths from Covid - 19 went up from 170 to 210 when adding in non hospital deaths.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-new-ons-figures-reveal-40-extra-deaths-li

Which ever way they spin it, testing is a mess.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 13:50]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Feet to the fire... on 15:35 - Apr 1 with 105 viewsspell_chekker

Yes and no. There's something sick about having, and beating, a death target but I agree with Robbie that we SEEM to have a handle on the situation.

Before lockdown, deaths in the hundreds of thousands per country were being predicted.

We're a long way from that at the moment, touch wood.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Feet to the fire... on 18:34 - Apr 1 with 95 viewsROTTWEILERS

Those figures quoted never did stack up, spell. The virus broke out in the world's most populous country for crying out loud. It looks good for world leaders to save us from a made up apocalypse though, I suppose.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024