Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most popular thread? 12:32 - Apr 1 with 969 viewsflynnbo

Prior to the internet and all things social media related, which single event in QPR's history would have proved to be the most popular back in the day? So many, but perhaps our promotion to the top flight for the first time (I was at Villa Park for that game as a young kid), the League Cup win, runners up in 1976, European football, etc. Like a QPR Time Tunnel effect!

Most popular thread? on 12:43 - Apr 1 with 941 viewsWatfordR

I'd have to say the day we were League Champions for a while. Probably proudest moment of my QPR supporting life, though I didn't get to Wembley in 1967 or for the playoffs.

Most popular thread? on 13:40 - Apr 1 with 905 viewsterryb

I'm another vote for Villa Park 1968.

Especially the figures of eightaround the team coach on the M1 return journey!

Most popular thread? on 15:15 - Apr 1 with 856 viewsfrancisbowles

Are there any pictures of that Terryb?

Most popular thread? on 15:56 - Apr 1 with 836 viewsHantsR

I guess me too - I remember going past the team coach on the M1 in my Anglia 105E with my Dad. What a day out that was! Did Mickey Leach's header really go in? Incredible own goal by Keith Bradley when all seemed lost, river of urine flowing down the terraces ('we've got a horse up here! came the cry') and a delirious fan standing in front of us on the pitch throwing his shoe to us.

Most popular thread? on 17:17 - Apr 1 with 795 viewsloftboy

The run at the start of the 87 season would have been up there as well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Most popular thread? on 17:35 - Apr 1 with 779 viewsterryb

Not to my knowledge FB.

My brother (driver) drove the car around to Villa Park to follow the coach. As did many others!

The coach stopped at an off licence on the way out of Brum & that caused a traffic jam as we all stopped to wait for the coach to move off!

Most popular thread? on 18:39 - Apr 1 with 754 viewsPlanetHonneywood

3 April 1982. The anticipation leading up to it. The exhilaration of it, followed by several weeks of pride and anticipation that lead after it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Most popular thread? on 18:46 - Apr 1 with 750 viewsAddinall

I was able to be there in'67. What a performance. A third division side two down at half time to first division outfit WBA. To turn that around was nothing short of sensational and I'll never forget it!

Most popular thread? on 20:03 - Apr 1 with 717 viewsderbyhoop

1967 League Cup Final. I was 14 and went with my younger brother. 2-0 down at HT and we hadn't been in it. To come back and beat a good First Division side when we were still in the Third Division was incredible.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Most popular thread? on 20:43 - Apr 1 with 691 viewsEsox_Lucius

67 LC final and the promotion party at Villa Park both stand outs for me too.

The grass is always greener.

Most popular thread? on 20:48 - Apr 1 with 685 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent question, flynnbo.

When did the first Rangers forum start?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Most popular thread? on 08:41 - Apr 2 with 611 viewsDorse

For me, it was when Les Ferdinand vandalised the Blue Peter garden. Allegedly.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Most popular thread? on 09:19 - Apr 2 with 591 viewshantssi

I have a sneaky suspicion that this (and every board/social media outlet) would have gone into meltdown on the 20th April 1986!

Most popular thread? on 09:30 - Apr 2 with 573 viewsstowmarketrange

Why what happened?I’m pretty sure that we didn’t play on that date.We won the cup after a two legged semi-final that season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024