Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Haythornthwaite calls for null and void season 12:08 - Apr 3 with 72 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

AFC Fylde owner David Haythornthwaite believes the National League season should be declared null and void, with no promotion or relegation.

The relegation-threatened Coasters are still awaiting news on how the league campaign will be resolved after it was suspended indefinitely on Tuesday.

Further developments are expected today, when all the country’s major football authorities meet.

Haythornthwaite told The Gazette: “The decision to suspend the season indefinitely didn’t come as a huge surprise but they’ve still avoided the big issue — they still haven’t called the season off officially.

“We’re left in further limbo because all they’ve basically said is that they’re going to cancel the season indefinitely. That doesn’t tell us the season is effectively over. It could well resume at a later point.

“It’s a very strange decision because it doesn’t help our position — and when I say ‘our’ I mean club owners — although it probably does mean the season is over, as I’ve thought from the start.

“It doesn’t really help us at all because we’ve got a lot of contractual issues — the players are the main issue and where the problem lies.

“I’ve said from day one that everything will be dictated to by what the Premier League decides.

“If the Premier League decides there will be no relegation, then that cascades down to us and there will be no promotion or relegation in our league.

“I think we’re going to be driven by them and they’re obviously desperate to finish the season, otherwise they’ll have to repay £740m to Sky Sports.

“But I can’t see it happening. There’s a big meeting this Friday, when we’re expected to hear some more. Although we’re not directly involved in it, we’re hoping to find out what is going on.

“I think to continue trying to play when there’s no end in sight of this terrible disease is just wrong. We need to get things into perspective. Yes, we potentially have a lot to lose — if they decide to freeze the league and all positions stand, we’d get relegated.

“I’d be very unhappy about that because we have nine games to go and that’s a hell of a lot. We were starting a good run and were always confident we’d get out of it.

“Everyone will accuse me of bias but I think the season should finish and be declared null and void, with no relegation or promotion.

“That’s really the only fair way because so many combination of results could have happened.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/afc-fylde-owner-david-haythorn

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

David Haythornthwaite calls for null and void season on 13:21 - Apr 3 with 58 viewsspudgun

"We were starting a good run."

No. You cannot claim to be starting a good run, as the future results are not guaranteed despite the previous two being good.

9 points from the last 10 games says otherwise.

39 points from 37 games suggests you are a worthy candidate for relegation.

Self-interested carping is a particularly unappealing look at the present...

David Haythornthwaite calls for null and void season on 19:48 - Apr 3 with 43 viewsspell_chekker

This guy seems to be a bit of an idiot.

Thanks to the Oystons, we've probably dodged a couple of bullets with this guy and the Fleetwood fan in particular.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024