Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queen’s Park Cottagers 10:32 - Apr 18 with 1457 viewsDannyPaddox

FPR would’ve have been an obscene title for a thread so I went with the one above.

Struggling to find a keeper here.
⛳️ __________ 🥅 ___________ ⛳️

Brevett Keech Parker Langley (Jim)
............ Wilkins Taarabt ............
... Cook Zamora Helgusson Marsh ...

Subs: Johnson Coney Peshcisolido & Rehman
(Yes Rehman. Ah maybe that’s the keeper sorted)

Edit: How could I forget Ernie Howe?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 10:35]

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 10:43 - Apr 18 with 1409 viewscolinallcars

Don't forget Roy “ Gently “ Bentley.

I s'pose someone will start a QPR/ Chelsea thread soon. Plenty to choose from there.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 10:46 - Apr 18 with 1405 viewsKonk

Robbie, Robbie Herrera, Robbie Herrera, Robbie Her-rer-rer-ra to the tune of Hava Nagila. Stick him in goal. Love that bloke. Tony Thorpe - not very good for us, but I was very excited when we signed him.

Managed by Leslie Sheep fleece Barnet Hughes, so everyone can boo the tw at.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 10:57 - Apr 18 with 1381 viewsDannyPaddox

I had Herrera in the first XI Konk then when Cookies paperwork cleared (Did he actually play a game in anger?) I put Herrera on the bench but he wasn’t having it and flounced off.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 10:58 - Apr 18 with 1378 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Bit of a stretch:

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 11:08 - Apr 18 with 1353 viewsKonk

That doesn’t sound like Robbie, mate. Very much a club man. Sat near him at Orient away once when he was injured, and he was having a great time getting behind the team, with Terry Angus leading the singing. Good times. Maybe the lockdown’s got to him? If you could find a spot for him on the coaching staff, it would mean a lot to me, mate. Appreciate it. Please don’t mention this chat though, yeah? Thanks mate. I owe you one.

Stadium: Big games - Cottage. LC early rounds - your gaff. Fair?

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 11:17 - Apr 18 with 1337 viewsKonk

Danny Cullip! Love him! Really nice bloke and his Dad’s Fulham too.

In the spirit of neutrality, all admin administered from the Old City Arms or Chancellors. Pubs, eh? Remember them? They were magic.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 11:51 - Apr 18 with 1261 viewsMrSheen

How about, early rounds, LR, big games, LR with Fayed’s gold khazi.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 11:54 - Apr 18 with 1256 viewsdistortR

nah. loftus road, under floodlights. Magic. 4,500 for a league cup game can sound like 45.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 12:03 - Apr 18 with 1231 viewsDannyPaddox

I’ve been in contact with Glenn Cockerill. He says Robbie H’s problem is not with Cookie but Rufus Brevett. Apparently there was a bit of a bust up after an Auto Glass Windscreen Trophy Quarter Final defeat to Luton. He won’t tell me the details. All he said was, “what happens at German Karl’s after match parties stays at German Karl’s after match parties” Anyway Glenn’s got some Dorchester Town connections so let’s see. He did seem surprised Matty Brazier wasn’t in the squad.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 12:04]

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 12:23 - Apr 18 with 1178 viewsKonk

Chaps, every ground is "magic under the lights" - it's the law. When the new stand's completed, our capacity will be 10,000+ bigger than LR, the Cottage is older, it's still got the original wooden seating in our beautiful, listed, Archibald Leach stand, we've got the river, the park... we've got a bloody detached house in the corner. That can't be topped. There's a lot to like about LR, but this is the only way. You know it makes sense.

I tell you what, as a goodwill gesture, I will let you have ALL pre-season friendlies and ALL midweek games against Bournemouth, Swansea and clubs from small northern mill towns. Now, do we have a deal? Your legs will thank you.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 12:32 - Apr 18 with 1153 viewsSonofNorfolt

You'll enforce the 'you've got to wear red chinos' rule for the home supporters though?

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 12:43 - Apr 18 with 1134 viewsKonk

Rufus and Robbie - I know what happened, but I'm not saying. What I will say, is that Karl had had way too much Strongbow before the game, and was being such a nuisance in the Chancellors that he was actually asked to leave. And it can't have been five o'clock when he was slung out of the Distillers. By the time we saw him in the Enclosure, he was all over the shop. But Karl being Karl, it was straight in the players bar after the match, drinks for everyone and all back to Karl's gaff in Brompton Cross for afters. Most of the team were there, everyone's a bit drunk by this stage and Karl was getting in Robbie's ear the whole time, wanting Robbie to wear his hair in a pony tail, telling him it would make him look more fashionable. Robbie wasn't having a bar of it, snaps, pushes Karl's hand away from his hair, and says, "You touch my hair again and I'm gonna stick your fan so far up your ars e, it will hurt your brain". None of us had seen Robbie like that before - he's a very placid bloke. Rufus looks at Karl - Karl nods and Rufus sticks the nut on Robbie. Next thing, everyone's involved, there's Louis XIV chairs and chaise lounges flying everywhere and it was fu cking bedlam. Me and my mates couldn't believe what we were seeing. Spoke with Karl the next day and the daft cu nt couldn't remember a thing. Different world back then.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 12:44 - Apr 18 with 1128 viewsKonk

Red or mustard. There's scope for personal preference.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 13:01 - Apr 18 with 1109 viewsSonofNorfolt

It's all in the detail. Thanks for the clarity.

Bumped into Bobby Herrera in Torquay about twenty years back, he remembered me because we used to drink in some of the same pubs in Greenford. Name dropping at its finest. George Clooney wouldn't get a round in.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 13:21 - Apr 18 with 1085 viewsDannyPaddox

I’ve opened a can of worms up here. Cockerill’s told me a story about German Karl and Peter Beardsley’s missus. My reaction was surely not? He then showed me a photo of German Karl and this right sort. I have no idea if it’s Mrs Beardsley in fact my first thought was Charlotte Rampling. I believe it’s called a norks and pickelhaube shot.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 13:23 - Apr 18 with 1080 viewsKonk

I'm suitably impressed, mate. I can't think of a better footballer to come out of Torquay than our Robbie. Top man. Decent player too.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 13:29 - Apr 18 with 1069 viewsKonk

Haha! It wasn't his wife, it was one of the girls who worked at the Ramada Inn, who Beardsley was very friendly with. I don't think it ever got beyond a bit of flirting and a few meals out in Putney, but yeah, that was Karl all over.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 13:47 - Apr 18 with 1038 viewsSonofNorfolt

That's twice pickelhaube has been mentioned on this board in the last two weeks. Good work.

Queen’s Park Cottagers on 02:17 - Apr 19 with 868 viewsstowmarketrange

Sorry konk but it’s down to Fulham’s wish to stay at the cottage as to why we’ve got those other scumbags down the road from the pair of us.
If only you’d moved into the other end of SW6 in 1905 they wouldn’t have been formed.And it’s closer to Harrods and Sloane Square don’t you know.
The residents around bishops park would’ve been happier too.And there would be a better chance of seeing the boat race from alongside the Thames.Selfish b@stards the lot of you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024