Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself 20:37 - Apr 30 with 1628 viewsNoDiddley

Lat year I Booked & paid for 10 day break this coming June, have now been offered a credit note plus a 20% brucie bonus on the holiday of your choice anytime until next year up to October 2021.
Checked various prices & low & below they’ve gone up by 20% +😡

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 20:41 - Apr 30 with 1618 viewsderbyhoop

Under EU law you are entitled to a full refund, if that's what you want. You don;t have to accept a credit note.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 20:49 - Apr 30 with 1568 viewspaulparker

These travel companies are going to string this and get as much cash as they can until they go bust
I’ve been told by easy jet that my flights to Spain that are cancelled take 28 days for my refund when it took 28 seconds for them to take my money

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 21:02 - Apr 30 with 1547 viewsloftboy

I was taking one of my sons to Spain at the end of May for a week , managed to change it to Rhodes for ten days next July, it’s costing me an extra £300

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 21:10 - Apr 30 with 1532 viewsGloucs_R

EU are looking at changing the law for airlines and tour operators to be able to offer vouchers instead of cash.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 21:58 - Apr 30 with 1468 viewsRanger_Things

Not quite. Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czechia, France, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Portugal and the Netherlands sent a letter today to the Commission, the EU’s executive branch, saying the law does not make sense during this emergency situation.

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 22:36 - Apr 30 with 1414 viewsQPR_Jim

I was hoping to be offered a credit note, we're due to depart for our honeymoon early June but we've had to delay the wedding, so are now hoping our holiday is cancelled rather than taking the honeymoon before the wedding. Spoke to the agent today and we're just outside the period where they'll offer a credit note, so need to check back in a week or two and hope they've moved things along.

As far as I'm aware they didn't mention the credit note being for more than the original price. We discussed it and I was suspicions that prices would rise, so we'd probably have to end up downgrading the holiday just to keep it affordable which sucks. From what you've said it sounds like that's the case.

Not quite the year we were hoping for but it could be worse.

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 23:08 - Apr 30 with 1364 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Congratulations and good luck.

Hope It all works out for you.

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 02:07 - May 1 with 1278 viewsBoston

Congratulations and I do wish you well. Like yourself wedding plans have been kiboshed, eldest pink had been due to get hitched at Faithlegg, Waterford, hen party in Arizona ...so I'm fcked. Hope you have sympathetic non suicidal parents / in-laws.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 02:09 - May 1 with 1277 viewsBoston

...sorry, rather presumptuous not taking into consideration you could be an octogenarian on your ninth trip up the aisle.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 08:04 - May 1 with 1180 viewsQPR_Jim

Lol, I made her wait a decade before asking but I'm not that old, mid thirties. Luckily I think making everyone wait so long has ment waiting a few more months isn't a big deal.

Stag and hen both cancelled for us as well but that was more pressure on my best man. Sounds like he got most of the money back on that which kept everyone sweet. But it's likely any other stag do won't be abroad now.

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 08:46 - May 1 with 1131 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think the OP’s experience is going to be the experience of us all. I’ve had two flights cancelled and replaced with vouchers with 10% boost, and not withstanding that fuel prices will remain at historically cheap prices, the airlines and tour compare are going to rip us to regain losses.

When fuel prices are high, they hike up the prices of air tickets, but they never go down!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 08:50 - May 1 with 1108 views2Thomas2Bowles

Thirties.
Yeah I lie about my age too

I'm 3 going on 6

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 09:02 - May 1 with 1104 viewsqpr1976

As a general rule -

Don’t accept credit notes or vouchers. If the operator goes bust, so does your credit/voucher.
The law says tou are entitled to a full cash refund within 14 days, although in reality it’s likely to take longer (4-6 weeks ?)

Or agree new dates for the same price.

That’s the advise being given by ‘experts’.

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 09:59 - May 1 with 1067 viewsRangersDave

if you paid by debit card, i'd be getting a charge back through your bank.

If you paid at least £100 of the total on your credit card, your protected for the full sum paid, so you can ask them ( the credit card company) for a full refund.

Either way, get your cash back, bank it, and see what happens in 12 months time or, hopefully sooner.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 10:25 - May 1 with 1030 viewsEastR

not an expert, but this is correct as the law currently stands

had a trip to Rome booked for late June - BA flight, booked hotel independently
just waiting for BA to officially cancel the flight and will then be looking for the cash refund, not vouchers
hotel is currently still closed so will pursue that through insurance cover/cc company

I do sympathise with the challenges the travel industry are facing and its likely choice is going to be limited for us all in the future with a premium attached, but when the tables are turned we're all expected to cover ourselves or lose out, so fair is fair

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 10:26 - May 1 with 1029 viewseghamranger

Ba gave me a refund recently and I’ve booked a flight with Easy Jet for Feb next year as it was so cheap.
Do you remember after 9/11 people didn’t want to fly and air firms making losses, they had some bargain flights and I went to San Francisco for £209... appreciate that was years ago.
However they will be desperate to get the economy moving again, ba and virgin especially and they will have to cut prices as people haven’t got the money now to go on the longer flights and holidays.
Spain , Portugal etc won’t change their prices and people will be flying ( if possible) on chill out holidays to get sun.
Also if social distancing stays in, you will probably only get 40/50 on a small places all wearing masks!!!

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 22:29 - May 1 with 898 viewsdistortR

'Love in a Time of Corona'?

Tour operators/ holiday companies go and f**k yourself on 22:47 - May 1 with 875 viewsThe_Beast1976

I am an Arbitrator under the ABTA Arbitration Scheme. I'm sure a few of these will be coming my way soon.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 22:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024