Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimsby league cup tie in full 18:50 - May 3 with 1078 viewsNorthernr

I'd never actually seen this full penalty shoot out back since the night. Interesting who our takers were, and that it was Wilson who missed. Also how often the commentators referred to a shoot out as some sort of barbaric, inhuman way to decide a cup tie. Remember a lot of that in the 90s.

Grimsby league cup tie in full on 19:06 - May 3 with 1055 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That was a bad night off the pitch.

I've never seen so many home fans looking for trouble, they were checking every car as we were stuck in traffic, we got followed down every lane and road, there was grown men and young girls all chanting 'Gregor, Gregor' calling him a coward and all that. Heard later that there was violence at the first leg. We were happy to get out of there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grimsby league cup tie in full on 21:03 - May 3 with 984 viewslosethedrum

Nice one i was there that night with my dad .
Will watch this monday as only ever seen brief highlights since the game .

Grimsby league cup tie in full on 15:47 - May 4 with 838 viewskingo

We went in to the only pub in Cleethorpes before the game and it was rammed with lads looking for trouble. We left to look for another pub but couldn't find one so went back and the doorman announced very loudly that we were Londoners and to take care. I was fully expecting to get a kicking but luckily just got a load of verbals. Afterwards was mayhem with them lashing out at anyone. I went in my van, which was sign-written with a southern number, luckily it wasn't London or it would have been smashed up.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Grimsby league cup tie in full on 18:50 - May 4 with 752 viewsHayesender

By the time I got home, I had time for a coffee, splash of water on my face and off to work. Good times on the terracing at the end dancing around to "one step beyond"

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Grimsby league cup tie in full on 19:09 - May 4 with 724 viewsDannyPaddox

Engrossing game of football from start to finish. Fantastic commentary too. Starkel int’ goals. Glad to hear you all survived Cleethrorpes. I went once in the early 80s. From the station to the ground we walked past this wasteland with what may have been gypsies congregating around a bonfire. They had a threatening yet dispassionate look about them like they wanted to eat us.

Grimsby league cup tie in full on 19:22 - May 4 with 716 viewsterryb

After the 5th round FA cup match in '82 Grimsby fans were chucking lumps of concrete at us from the School End as we walked along Loftus Road.

Luckily it was a cold day & so my coat took the impact & not me!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024