Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Memories 12:53 - May 7 with 2249 viewsdaveB

Apologies in advance for the self indulgent post but been planning on doing this for years but kept putting it off and with the lockdown and all that is happening in the world I thought life’s too short let’s just do it.

It feels like a lifetime ago but I used to run a website on QPR for over a decade doing match reports, a hall of fame, stats, video highlights etc. before life got in the way of doing it justice anymore so I gave it up but one of the things I always wanted to do was put together video packages of old games, favorite moments etc but never really had the time or the technology to do so. As a student back in the 90’s I had access to video tape editing at College then Uni and rather than produce films that would help me pass my course I used to put together goal compilations set to music, my dissertation at University was on QPR and I made a 90 minute movie on the rise and fall of QPR which was the only reason I passed that degree.

I’ve always wanted to do more of that so thought sod it lets do it so have started a you tube channel looking back at the best of QPR from the last 50 odd years or as far back as my DVD collection allows me to go.

So far it’s mainly goals and highlights of games from the 70’s and 80’s as well as a feature on our promotion in 2010 than Bircham did for the BBC plus a tribute to Stan Bowles. Over the weeks and months planning to add a lot more so if you are bored link is below, have a look, subscribe if you have an account and hopefully enjoy. If there are any specific games you want added let me know and will see if I can get them. The 86 Cup games against Liverpool and Chelsea plus loads of 75/76 games should be added in the next few days for starters.

Link to the Stan Bowles Tribute below but loads more on there.

QPR Memories on 12:54 - May 7 with 2244 viewsdaveB

Just to add a really good QPR youtube channel has also started recently that has nothing to do with me but thought I'd mention it called Talking Rangers and has loads of original stuff and well worth a look. Q&A they did with Dom Ball is below

QPR Memories on 13:09 - May 7 with 2213 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great stuff, Dave, thanks. Look forward to that. Timing is perfect.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Memories on 15:27 - May 7 with 2127 viewsqpr_1968

great memories of bowlsey there...bought a tear, especially to that song.

I used to go out with a girl in 1976, she lived in welche road Chiswick.
stan used to pop in for a night cap with the girls dad, he'd often bring the model
he was seeing at the time back as well.
The pub he used at that time was the Ravenscourt arms, just round the corner.

top,top man.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR Memories on 18:59 - May 7 with 2042 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thanks Dave. Enjoying the vids! Are there any good Dave Thomas compilations out there? Love to see one of those. Not sure what the soundtrack would be.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

QPR Memories on 22:55 - May 7 with 1968 viewsdaveB

I'll try and put one together, I reckon Born to Run might work but will have a look

QPR Memories on 01:06 - May 8 with 1925 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Born To Run is perfect one of my favorite Bruce Albums ever .Great thread btw Dave perfect timing for people needing a lift

QPR Memories on 01:46 - May 8 with 1910 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Memories on 09:42 - May 15 with 1676 viewsdaveB

A little something to take minds off people dying, government are great/terrible and whether the football season should/will start again.

As requested Dave Thomas tribute done, i hope you meant the footballer rather than the fanzine editor. I struggled a bit with footage of him so try and ignore the fact his goal against Leeds is shown twice.

Also added highlights of the Chelsea 86 replay this week, loads of stuff from 75/76 season and football focus from the no points deduction day when Dan Rohan announced it live on air.

Planning to add a few more videos next week

QPR Memories on 09:52 - May 17 with 1484 viewsNewYorkRanger

This is really good Dave. Thanks for taking the time to create these videos and share them on here. Really enjoying these. Bringing back some great memories from childhood and games that I attended with my Dad. Thanks!

Glory hunter, me

QPR Memories on 09:59 - May 17 with 1478 viewsNewYorkRanger

This is really good Dave. Thanks for taking the time to create these videos and share them on here. Really enjoying these. Bringing back some great memories from childhood and games that I attended with my Dad. Thanks!

Glory hunter, me

QPR Memories on 10:18 - May 17 with 1448 viewsrrrspricey

Great stuff Dave, bringing back great memories, what a fentastic player DT was and great to see a packed loft.

QPR Memories on 10:22 - May 17 with 1444 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Class Dave.

I am utterly jealous of anyone who got to see that generation in the flesh.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 10:28]

QPR Memories on 10:40 - May 17 with 1416 viewsjohncharles

Be Jealous Bazz. I started following the R’s in ‘74. Saw just about every game Stan played at LR. Saw him in a few local pubs too. He was always up for a bit of banter.
Thanks Dave for the video. Brought a tear to my eye as someone has already said.
[Post edited 17 May 2020 10:42]

Strong and stable my arse.

QPR Memories on 10:57 - May 17 with 1387 viewsstevec

Strangely enough Baz, that side of the 70’s played almost its entirety without a left winger.

You’d have still loved it though. Great times.

QPR Memories on 11:00 - May 17 with 1375 viewsDorse

I suppose my abiding memory of QPR is when we used to play football.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR Memories on 11:09 - May 17 with 1357 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Two brilliant vidoes, Dave!

I sent them to my Dad just now. He loved them he said to say thanks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Memories on 15:49 - May 17 with 1282 viewsjohncharles

I’m reading Dave Thomas’ book at the moment. Very straightforward and honest. Like the guy himself.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024