Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bid turned down for BOS 11:22 - May 14 with 8910 viewsHayesender

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-reject-bid-for-bright-osayi-sam

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bid turned down for BOS on 11:28 - May 14 with 4489 viewsWatford_Ranger

Laughable valuation.

Bid turned down for BOS on 11:31 - May 14 with 4464 viewsflynnbo

Okay, that’s a start; now for the other toes.

Bid turned down for BOS on 11:51 - May 14 with 4382 viewsRBlock

Definitely, but it begs the quesiton, what is a realistic valuation. Prior to the COVId 19 situation, I like to think we could have fetched around 10 million for him, given he only has a year left on his contract. Surely that is now revised down significantly?

Bid turned down for BOS on 12:11 - May 14 with 4330 viewsderbyhoop

Double it and we'll have a think about it.

Really need to get him tied down on a new contract. If necessary, include a clause that means we will sell him to a top club for more than £xm

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Bid turned down for BOS on 12:16 - May 14 with 4304 viewsmcqpr10

Bos has all the cards with only a year on his contract left.

Would be such a boost for the club if he signed a contract.

If he doesn’t then our only saving grace is that a lot of top clubs in the champs and lower places premier league teams will want him hopefully sparking a bidding war.

Bid turned down for BOS on 12:41 - May 14 with 4247 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news.

Great also to see it in writing that Eze's ties down until 2022.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bid turned down for BOS on 12:46 - May 14 with 4226 viewsNorthernr

Interesting that it's a european club in for him, wonder how many scouts and from how far away we've had looking in on our excellent young boys?

Bid turned down for BOS on 12:56 - May 14 with 4191 viewsgobbles

Champions League. That would be a hell of a move for him.

Bid turned down for BOS on 13:09 - May 14 with 4142 viewsjohncharles

It should send a message to British clubs to make realistic bids.

Strong and stable my arse.

Bid turned down for BOS on 13:10 - May 14 with 4132 viewsLongsufferingR

All very well going to a Champions League club but how much CL football would he actually play? £3m suggests they don't see him as a regular starter.

Bid turned down for BOS on 13:10 - May 14 with 4128 viewsstowmarketrange

We’d get almost as much in people paying to have his name on their shirts.
A laughable offer.

Bid turned down for BOS on 13:13 - May 14 with 4116 viewsMatch82

Smart bid though. If I'm a club that's financially stable i'm testing the waters right now with quality lower division players in case their clubs are in full on panic heads above water mode. Luckily that's not us anymore.

Bid turned down for BOS on 13:24 - May 14 with 4064 viewsrsonist

This won't remotely be an obscure level of football to scout - especially for proactive, conveyor belt sides. What is a turn-up though is that the market here is perceived as being so shaky that it could now open up to different, smaller predators.

Bid turned down for BOS on 13:29 - May 14 with 4043 viewsNorthernr

Yup, how this all 'shakes down' is going to be very interesting/terrifying for us.

Bid turned down for BOS on 13:31 - May 14 with 4030 viewsrsonist

£3m for Brugge? It's about par for what they and clubs like them pay per player. Bit more this season after they bamboozled Villa and Bournemouth out of £60m.

Bid turned down for BOS on 13:44 - May 14 with 3972 viewsrsonist

Hard to estimate interesting/terrifying until we have any idea of how resistant the owners make us to any of this. Self-sufficiency QPR is a hard breadline, FFP-out-the-picture safety net QPR... has potential.

Bid turned down for BOS on 13:51 - May 14 with 3944 viewsstevec

Think it was Martin Samuel suggesting best way forward for English leagues was something like a 75/15/10% split of TV money, 15 for Championship clubs, 10 between Leagues one and two, which would apparently increase the revenue of EFL clubs and stabilise them, whilst not having a discernible impact on PL clubs.

Given the greed of the PL that seems unlikely, so expect a bloodbath for clubs in EFL relying on sell on prices, will be European as well as PL asset stripping our finest once the full impact of CV had run its course.

Bid turned down for BOS on 13:57 - May 14 with 3922 viewsGloucs_R

Anything less than £7.5m would be poor business imo.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Bid turned down for BOS on 14:22 - May 14 with 3848 viewsrsonist

£5m might end up being worth what £10m was after all this for all we know.

Bid turned down for BOS on 14:22 - May 14 with 3845 viewsNorthantsHoop

Bruges lovely place for a city break, when allowed to do so, but would not think BOS would see it as the step up he may be looking for. He should be looking for a move to a mid table Premier club at least. Although the Covid 19 crisis is re-drawing the football map very quickly, so who knows.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 14:23]

Bid turned down for BOS on 14:30 - May 14 with 3807 viewsNorthernr

I'm not sure about that. Great city, Champions League football, and likely to play which is the most important thing.

Go to a Premier League club and yeh you'd get much richer much quicker, but would you be playing in Europe? Would you even be playing at all? Quite often I think they buy players like him just to stop anybody else having them, park them backstage somewhere, loan them out into non-threatening territory. Look what happened to Ademola Lookman going to Everton.

It's a similar thing with Eze. If and when he is going to go I've always harboured hopes that Hoffenheim might come back for him. I like to see these lads go where they're going to be loved, used and developed, rather than just thrown on a heap to get fat and rich. I admire these lads going off to Germany when they're young, I'd like to see more do that rather than kick around in Chelsea's academy playing Man City in the fcking youth cup final every year for 50k a week.

Obviously some massive generalisations in there, and loads of exceptions you could point out to me...

Bid turned down for BOS on 14:52 - May 14 with 3739 viewsDannyPaddox

Bid turned down for BOS on 16:32 - May 14 with 3558 viewsbosh67

Probably best to go back to the Belgium club and ask them if a grown up can call back with a sensible offer.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bid turned down for BOS on 16:54 - May 14 with 3512 viewsTacticalR

Let's just ignore them.

Air hostess clique

Bid turned down for BOS on 18:08 - May 14 with 3359 viewsGloucs_R

Always makes me a little worried when a really low figure gets leaked. So when he goes for £6m the club can argue it was a good deal and we've made a huge profit on what we paid.

He's not signing a new contract though, clearly.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024