Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
music memorabilia you own? 17:23 - May 24 with 3917 viewsRangersDave

Simple.... just 1 item please....

Whats your favourite piece of music memorabilia and how did you get it?
Either gig, or from a group or singer given personally!

Dems da rules!

Mine? Tony Visconti's used plectrum, used in the fantastic and only authorised (by Bowie himself) tribute band called Holy Holy!
[Post edited 25 May 2020 19:02]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

music memorabilia you own? on 09:52 - May 26 with 3239 viewsLoftgirl

John Lennon's autograph. Unfortunately, I didn't get it personally, I knew someone who was John's assistant at Apple.

music memorabilia you own? on 10:59 - May 26 with 3209 viewsBoston

Pills once owned by Iggy Pop. Borrowed when he was onstage at Camden’s Electric Ballroom. Three days it took, but I’d learned never to consume anything you don’t recognize.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

music memorabilia you own? on 12:56 - May 26 with 3169 viewsRangersDave

A friend of mine has the distinction of being on you-tube, as she attended one of Prince's gigs (NPG era) in New York, got in early and had front row on the barrier.

90% of the way through the gig, Prince and a security guy reach down and pluck her from the audience. Prince gives her a tamborine, whispers in her ear 'the next songs for you', and he spent the rest of the gig singing, playing and dancing around my friend who stood about 10ft behind him for the rest of the gig.

And yes, she was invited to the 'after party', but declined. lol
So not strictly memorabilia, but i suppose the you tube clip is, in a way.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 12:57]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

music memorabilia you own? on 13:00 - May 26 with 3161 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Winner!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

music memorabilia you own? on 13:01 - May 26 with 3157 viewsjohann28

Went to pretty much every concert Rory Gallagher played in London over too many years to mention. As a result of which, amongst sundry paraphernalia, was a signed QPR shirt which is still my pride and joy. He said he liked the word 'Guinness' on it 🤗

music memorabilia you own? on 13:17 - May 26 with 3138 viewsted_hendrix

^ This the winner by a country mile!

I've got the legendary Peter Greens autograph on a ticket stub when we had a crowd meet with him after a gig.

We also met Jim Marshall at the Marshall Amplifier stand at the NEC a fair few years back, lovely bloke to talk to and he signed one of his posters, he's known in the business as 'The Father of Loud'

Nigel Tufnel : Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi : I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel : Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi : Put it up to eleven.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

music memorabilia you own? on 22:29 - May 26 with 3067 viewsLblock

Loads of rave flyers

Must dig them out

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

music memorabilia you own? on 22:40 - May 26 with 3061 viewsbob566

Caught an Ian Paice drumstick. Not memorabilia as such but I bought Joe strummer a whisky shortly before he died. He was a gent that night and signed my ticket. He was with the mesqualleros or whatever they were called. Got backstage and met Shane McGowan too.

music memorabilia you own? on 10:25 - May 27 with 3019 viewsEsox_Lucius

I caught Pete Townsend's Gibson SG when he threw it off the stage at Hammersmith Odeon. I owned it for about 2-3 seconds as I was punched unconscious and had it taken off me by someone else in the crowd. Thanks!

The grass is always greener.

music memorabilia you own? on 14:28 - May 27 with 2968 viewsR_from_afar

My wife had an amazing jacket but it was the subject of an ownership dispute with her sister and my wife graciously let her sis have said garment back.

It was a denim jacket from the 80s, with the names of a handful of hard rock and metal bands hand embroidered on it by my wife. She had done a great job and it looks like a designer item you'd pay a fortune for in some swanky boutique. The real draw, though, is that this garment, a gem in its own right, has also been signed on the inside by the whole of Iron Maiden.

I was gutted when she handed it over to her sister.

Nothing I own comes close to that jacket.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

music memorabilia you own? on 01:42 - May 28 with 2894 viewsBucks_Ranger

Guitar signed to me from Noel Gallagher, my wife use to style one of his managment teams hair.

music memorabilia you own? on 07:07 - May 28 with 2864 viewsdistortR

no music memorabilia, but i miss my old leather.

Discharge painted above my arse, the back panel replaced on the back, other, long-forgotten band names painted on. The further i rose in the punk rock standings, the more studs it got.

Streaks of soap and hairspray from when it rained and my mohican disintegrated.

music memorabilia you own? on 08:00 - May 28 with 2847 viewsJuzzie

I owned the never released A&M Records “God Save The Queen” 7” single by the Sex Pistols.
A very rare record, only about 30 or so didn’t get scrapped.

music memorabilia you own? on 10:11 - May 28 with 2818 viewsfrancisbowles

I went to many of those as well. The first one I went to was the Rainbow gig in December 73, when I was 16.

As you will know, in those days security would try and make everyone sit down but inevitably the crowd would rush the stage towards the end of the gig. I was a bit blocked in, so by the time I got near the front, a few had slipped through but I was being held back by the stewards. I was pretty quick and nimble, so I made a sudden movement and ducked and swerved my way to the front as Rory was shaking fans hands. I managed to get right in front of him and mouthed 'plectrum'.

I still have it tucked away in one of my Rory CDs.

music memorabilia you own? on 10:36 - May 28 with 2811 viewsToast_R

You sold it?

music memorabilia you own? on 15:01 - May 28 with 2776 viewsBlackCrowe

i am ashamed to say that aged about 16 i owned a leather bikers jacket with utterly horrendous white lapels. i got lemmy and philthy phil to sign a lapel each. god knows what ever happened to that jacket.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

music memorabilia you own? on 15:05 - May 28 with 2771 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Discharge painted above my arse"

I babysat my nephew when he was a baby, and that happened to him too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

music memorabilia you own? on 20:18 - May 28 with 2729 viewsJuzzie

Sadly, yes.

It was 1998 and i was really in dire needs of money. The money I got for it paid for things I needed, paid off some of my overdraft.

I really couldn’t afford to keep it

music memorabilia you own? on 20:01 - May 29 with 2659 viewsDiscodroids

Signed 12" Malcolm Mclaren 'The Bell Song' 1998.

Walked into 'Choci's Chewns' Record shop in St anne court soho one Monday afternoon in my Lloyds of London Chalk Stripe straight jacket to sift through the latest Trance/Techno releases, and the Mad Jester was holding court at the counter like a ginger colonel Kurtz in full Khmer rouge black and red.

As was the zeitgeist of the times i was long on petrol washed chisel and joined malcolm at the counter congratulating him on his acid trance track which went full Tonto the previous friday night at 'Escape from Samsara', the fridge, brixton.

Anyway after a load of charged up tom tit he signed the 12" with..

'To glenn, may the sunrise in your soul and set in your heart'.

still got it.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

music memorabilia you own? on 20:17 - May 29 with 2640 viewsdistortR

so you had the rare single AND were in dire straits!

music memorabilia you own? on 20:46 - May 29 with 2620 viewsBlackCrowe

Ronnie Wood after each stones gig does a illustration of that night's setlist. I've got the book of the past 20-30 years of setlists in 200 limited run, signed. I love it.

example here (which i went to as it happens)....

http://www.ronniewood.com/news/stonesdeserttrip-setlist/

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

music memorabilia you own? on 21:07 - May 29 with 2610 viewsthompsonridd

Got a hand shake from Kevin Gallen (QPR Hero of mine) at a Simple Minds gig in Southend a few years back.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 21:09]

music memorabilia you own? on 21:17 - May 29 with 2593 viewsbrewers_hoop

Still got mine somewhere - Discharge face on the back, flames up one sleeve, GBH, Damned etc. Wore it to a fancy dress party a few years back and was offered £200 on the spot.

Also have an original 50s/60s biker leather I bought off my mate 30 years ago. When it was in his ownership, Joe Strummer offered him a ton 50 for it in the Limelight club.

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:23 - May 29 with 2592 viewsbrewers_hoop

[Post edited 29 May 2020 21:25]

music memorabilia you own? on 21:25 - May 29 with 2587 viewsbrewers_hoop

Wow. How did you get that and how much you flog it for? Pretty much name your price these days.

I've got a Never mind The Bollocks supposedly signed by Sid Vicious as well as the rest of the Pistols. Got an an authentification certificate from Brazil in the 90s but very much doubt it is genuine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024