Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rubles In The Attic 13:43 - May 25 with 1748 viewsDannyPaddox

An extensive and ongoing lock-down clear up of the flat has unearthed some long lost objects: iPods, minidiscs, half-finished books, ex-girlfriends etc. But I turned up a real gem the other day. I’m not a football shirt wearer but I do own 3 tops. A classic Rs 70s blue and white hoops (proper gauge), a fetching carmine red number of a Dutch village side I appeared for in the late 80s, and an up until now lost Russian top. The last ever Soviet Russia national top.

Abroad in the early 90s when the Soviet Union was breaking up I saw a load dirt-cheap in the bargain bin of a back-street Parisian sports shop. I contemplated buying them all up but only bought one, explaining to the shopkeeper they were more than just football shirts but historical cultural artefacts and would be worth something one day. He didn’t seem too bothered or maybe didn’t understand me as my French was tres merde. I found said topski the other day under a decades worth accumulated strata of domestic-debris. It’s a garish chintz-curtain Adidas affair, the design reminds me of a massacre at a Wimpy Bar. A Leningrad Wimpy Bar. It’s saving grace is a sewn-on material hammer and sickle badge.

Anyway here’s the Antiques Roadshow bit. One was recently sold on eBay for £400. Get in comrade!

Rubles In The Attic on 15:05 - May 25 with 1664 viewsBoston

Volcanically inspired.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rubles In The Attic on 18:36 - May 25 with 1567 viewsdistortR

looks like any shirt i wear while eating spaghetti bolognese

Rubles In The Attic on 19:15 - May 25 with 1546 viewsNewhopphoops

Rubles In The Attic on 19:37 - May 25 with 1522 viewsMickS_

Got to ask - is there a lack of winkle there?
[Post edited 26 May 2020 8:56]

Rubles In The Attic on 19:39 - May 25 with 1507 viewsNewhopphoops

It's tucked in.

Rubles In The Attic on 19:40 - May 25 with 1504 viewsMickS_

That’s talent that is.

Rubles In The Attic on 19:42 - May 25 with 1501 viewsdistortR

that is so wrong on so many levels.

Not sure where you live Newhopp, but if that's the price you pay for better politicians, it may be too high.

Rubles In The Attic on 19:48 - May 25 with 1495 viewsNewhopphoops

Well I couldn't see this morning so I fumbled around for the first thing I could lay my hands on before going for a vision-testing spin.

Rubles In The Attic on 19:55 - May 25 with 1483 viewsMickS_

I’ve had a curious second look. Tell me if I’m wrong, but there do appear to be to be a couple of handsome old chaps to the left and right of the saddle/ thingy.
[Post edited 25 May 2020 19:57]

Rubles In The Attic on 20:08 - May 25 with 1465 viewsdistortR

You're fixating again, Mick. We've talked about this.

Rubles In The Attic on 20:16 - May 25 with 1452 viewsMickS_

Turn it in - you saw them too.

[Post edited 25 May 2020 20:18]

Rubles In The Attic on 22:28 - May 25 with 1369 viewsKonk

Danny, That's a terrible/wonderful shirt and a real piece of history. Obviously you can knock it out on ebay and spunk the lot on tut, but perhaps there's a small corner of your gaff - the loft? - that you could set aside to host a permanent exhibition remembering the glories of the Soviet sports programs? Stick your shirt in a nice frame, maybe get a Rocky IV poster - a black jumper from Uniqlo that you can fob off as Lev Yashin's?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Rubles In The Attic on 22:58 - May 25 with 1350 viewsDannyPaddox

No plans to sell it just yet. In fact I’ve just bid on this piece of Soviet Wimpy Bar ephemera as a companion piece.

Rubles In The Attic on 23:10 - May 25 with 1342 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That looks like it should feature on some Carcass artwork.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Rubles In The Attic on 04:19 - May 26 with 1307 viewsDannyPaddox

Lady CarCass
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024