Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BST Column in Gazette 10:30 - Jun 16 with 1854 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

At the link.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-support

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

BST Column in Gazette on 15:23 - Jun 16 with 1847 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Good read (as usual).

Disagree about Pompey, Ipswich and Sunderland. They're still in this division because they are not good enough to get promoted. Also Sunderland's financial position is going to have a huge impact on their season, if their owner can't sell.

Think next season will start before the end of October, as that is when the Governments furlough scheme ends, and clubs will want to get moving before that financial cliff edge.

The author of that O/P shows some promise.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

BST Column in Gazette on 16:54 - Jun 16 with 1835 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I've heard he's a hit with the ladies as well.

BST Column in Gazette on 18:40 - Jun 16 with 1824 viewsspudgun

Yep, an informed and informative piece.

I really wouldn`t get your hopes up for a `Liverpool style press` system as to do it you have to have very highly technical and intelligent footballers. And very quick defenders who are excellent one on one. You have to be a very good (and super fit) team to play such a system.

The biggest exponents of it are probably Manchester City, Barcelona and Liverpool - and usually when they are playing at home and have a huge percentage of possession (an important factor). Even away from home those teams often revert to `falling into a formation` and marking space, rather than pressing hard repeatedly, and running the risk of being picked off with an accurate long pass.

Of course its poor relation `closing down from the front` has been around since year dot, and most teams play that, but it isn`t quite the same...

Just my opinion of course, but I am not top of the Forum Fantasy Premier League for nothing...

BST Column in Gazette on 18:59 - Jun 16 with 1819 viewsROTTWEILERS

haha.. he was definitely trying to instill a high energy, pressing game in the few games I saw.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

BST Column in Gazette on 20:39 - Jun 16 with 1806 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Only because you've been getting illegal help from Spud "pwned by Neil Shipperley" Junior.

Coventry away impressed me. The way they kept closing us down 3 players at a time. Didn't think they would be able to keep that up all season, looking at the table, seems I was well wrong.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

BST Column in Gazette on 20:50 - Jun 16 with 1800 viewsspudgun

Young spud was only a hindrance to me; I often suspected he was in thrall to one of you lot...

BST Column in Gazette on 15:38 - Jun 17 with 1781 viewsspell_chekker

Behoven? Have you just made that up?

Behoove is the verb and behooved is the past, or is that something to do with a horse?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/behoove

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

BST Column in Gazette on 17:00 - Jun 17 with 1769 viewsROTTWEILERS

A risky 7 rejected by spell....

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

BST Column in Gazette on 18:42 - Jun 17 with 1756 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Spell knows nowt....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024