Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvin Ekpiteta 10:04 - Jul 8 with 2005 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Marvin Ekpiteta on 10:10 - Jul 8 with 1362 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Just for Spell, 6ft 4in right footed centre back from Leyton Orient.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Marvin Ekpiteta on 10:26 - Jul 8 with 1355 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Video taken down!!

Marvin Ekpiteta on 10:36 - Jul 8 with 1348 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Now confirmed

Marvin Ekpiteta on 19:46 - Jul 8 with 1324 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Marvin Ekpiteta on 12:42 - Jul 12 with 1276 viewsspell_chekker

Another great signing .... on paper.

No experience higher than L2 but otherwise an exciting prospect.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Marvin Ekpiteta on 12:43 - Jul 12 with 1275 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Marvin Ekpiteta on 12:44 - Jul 12 with 1274 viewsspell_chekker

[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 12:55]

Marvin Ekpiteta on 12:46 - Jul 12 with 1271 viewsspell_chekker

Marvin Ekpiteta
Date of birth: 26 August 1995 (age 24)
Place of birth: Enfield, England
Height: 1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)
Playing position(s): Full-back ????? More like centre half!!!

Current team
Blackpool

Youth career
2011—2014: Oxford United

Senior career
2014—2016: Chelmsford City 58 (3)
2015: Witham Town (loan) 0 (0)
2016—2017: Concord Rangers 22 (1)
2017—2018: East Thurrock United 42 (0)
2018—2020: Leyton Orient 74 (6)
2018: East Thurrock United (loan) 3 (0)
2020— Blackpool 0 (0)

National team
2013: Nigeria U20 2 (0)
2018: England C 1 (0)
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 12:50]

Marvin Ekpiteta on 12:52 - Jul 12 with 1267 viewsspell_chekker

In 2014, Ekpiteta began his senior career at Chelmsford City, following a spell in the youth set-up at Oxford United. In January 2015, Ekpiteta signed dual-registration forms with Witham Town. After making 58 league appearances for Chelmsford, scoring three times, Ekpiteta signed for Essex rivals Concord Rangers in 2016. In January 2017, after making 22 National League South appearances for the club, Ekpiteta signed for East Thurrock United, in a move labelled as "naïve" by Concord manager Adam Flanagan.

On 31 January 2018, Ekpiteta signed for National League club Leyton Orient on a ​2 1⁄2-year contract, being loaned back to East Thurrock as part of the deal. After three games back on loan at East Thurrock, Ekpiteta was recalled from the club, making his Leyton Orient debut in a 1—0 loss away to Dover Athletic on 3 March 2018. On 9 March 2019, Ekpiteta scored the winner for Leyton Orient in a 1—0 win against Wrexham, which saw Orient replace Wrexham at the top of the National League. At the end of the season, Leyton Orient gained promotion, with Ekpiteta making his Football League debut on 3 August 2019 in a 1—0 win against Cheltenham Town.

Ekpiteta signed a two-year contract with Blackpool on 8 July 2020

Marvin Ekpiteta on 13:10 - Jul 12 with 1260 viewsspell_chekker

Ridiculously premature prediction based on nothing at all.

Captain material.

Marvin Ekpiteta on 13:06 - Jul 15 with 1247 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Marvin Ekpiteta on 12:37 - Jul 22 with 1218 viewsspell_chekker

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2020/07/08/transfer-news-marvin-ekpiteta-join-tang

Marvin Ekpiteta on 16:55 - Jul 22 with 1212 viewsspell_chekker

Marvin Ekpiteta on 07:48 - Jul 30 with 1195 viewsspell_chekker

Marvin Ekpiteta on 20:41 - Dec 17 with 1122 viewsspell_chekker

Ekpiteta: Making The Most Of My Time Here

Marvin Ekpiteta is enjoying life at Blackpool and believes the team can continue to build on the impressive run of form they have built in recent weeks.

The defender joined the Seasiders on a two year contract in the summer from Leyton Orient, and has been a consistent performer at the back in tangerine, having already made 20 appearances in all competitions so far this season.

“I’m really enjoying my time at the Club and with the recent results we’ve had, I’m enjoying it even more,” the 24-year-old said.

“It was all new for me when I initially moved up to Blackpool. I’ve spent all of my life down south so to make the move north, particularly at a time like this in 2020, was a big change. But, it’s been a really good experience so far.

“It’s been great to be involved so much too since I’ve been here at the Club,” Ekpiteta continued.

“I feel the more games I play, the better and more confident I become. Over recent weeks, it’s been a really intense period, with all of the matches we have had. But, the results have really taken off lately. We’ve been doing well - picking up important victories, keeping clean sheets and scoring good goals, so long may it continue.”

Marvin Ekpiteta on 12:56 - Dec 21 with 1099 viewsspell_chekker

Getting To Know: Marvin Ekpiteta

Marvin Ekpiteta has been a consistent performer for the Seasiders since his move to Bloomfield Road in the summer, racking up 21 appearances so far this season.

The ex-Leyton Orient man discusses all about his career to date...

Tell us about your career so far…

I started off as a scholar at Oxford United, where I stayed for about three years. I then dropped down to part-time football for about three and a half years, after which I was picked up by Leyton Orient. I stayed there for two years, during which I won promotion back to the Football League with the Club in 2019, and now I’m here at Blackpool.

Who is your football idol?

It has to be Rio Ferdiand. He’s quick, athletic, he can play with the ball at his feet and was an all round great defender.

What’s the best thing about being a footballer?

Just training every day with the good group we have here. It’s something I really enjoy.

Best player you’ve played with?

It would have to be Jobi McAnuff when I was at Leyton Orient. He’s a real leader, set’s a good example and I looked up to him during my time there.

What do you do in your downtime?

I’ve got a little daughter now, so she keeps me busy during the times I’m not at games.

Night in or night out?

It would have to be a night in now!

Marvin Ekpiteta on 14:03 - Feb 18 with 1068 viewsspell_chekker

Ekpiteta Set For Scan

Neil Critchley has confirmed Marvin Ekpiteta will have a scan later this week to discover the extent of the injury which forced him off in Tuesday night’s victory over Rochdale.

The defender has started every league game so far this season, becoming a consistent performer for the side since his move from Leyton Orient in the summer. However, Critchley has confirmed the 24-year-old will now need to have spell on the treatment table.

“Marvin is still feeling his hamstring and is due to go for a scan on Friday,” the Blackpool Head Coach explained.

“We won’t know the results of the scan until Friday afternoon. Marvin has been exceptional for us this season. He has really grown into the role and settled into playing at a higher level. He’s been thriving in the team this season, so fingers crossed this injury won’t keep him out for too long and we can see him back out on the pitch soon.”

Marvin Ekpiteta on 09:08 - Feb 21 with 1047 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool boss Neil Critchley reveals news from Marvin Ekpiteta's scan on his hamstring injury

Blackpool are likely to be without defender Marvin Ekpiteta for an extended period of time.

Blackpool are likely to be without defender Marvin Ekpiteta for an extended period of time.

That’s according to head coach Neil Critchley, who revealed the club had received bad news from the 24-year-old’s scan on Thursday.

It comes after Ekpiteta, who had started every league game up until yesterday’s 1-0 win against Portsmouth, suffered a hamstring injury during last week’s 1-0 win against Rochdale.

“It’s not great news unfortunately,” Critchley told The Gazette.

“He’s going to be out for a decent period of time, it’s more like a CJ Hamilton and Daniel Gretarsson type of injury.

“It’s really unfortunate, it’s a big blow.

“But Danny Ballard stepped in yesterday and I thought he was fantastic playing up against a real top striker in this league and he kept him quiet.”

The Seasiders are already without the likes of Gretarsson, Keshi Anderson, Hamilton and Gary Madine through injury.

All four would be considered first-team players if fit and available.

Nevertheless, Critchley’s side have coped well in their absence, with yesterday’s big win at Fratton Park making it four wins from five in League One.

“They’re big players we’re missing, really big players,” Critchley added.

“We don’t moan about it, we don’t make any excuses, we just get on with it and find a solution.

“We show belief in what we’ve got and we’ve gone to Portsmouth with big players missing and still deservedly won the game.

“They might have one or two injuries but it’s not like (John) Marquis is out, (Sean) Raggett or players like that. But we’ve gone there and given a great account of ourselves.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-boss-ne

Marvin Ekpiteta on 19:02 - Feb 21 with 1038 viewsspell_chekker

Very bad news.

Ekpiteta could be an even bigger miss than Hamilton.

He's still a bit green but has everything in his locker. PACE: can't be replaced (even by Ballard) we'll miss that at the back.

Other players'll have to step up.

Marvin Ekpiteta on 09:59 - Apr 8 with 1005 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Marvin Ekpiteta on 10:01 - Apr 8 with 1001 viewsspell_chekker

We've coped remarkably well in his absence.

Marvin Ekpiteta on 11:02 - Apr 22 with 976 viewsspell_chekker

Ekpiteta you and I know .........

Marvin Ekpiteta on 16:19 - Nov 7 with 874 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Marvin Ekpiteta on 20:27 - Nov 7 with 869 viewsspell_chekker

Thanks Matt but this was noyed over a year ago.

Ekpiteta's taken to the captaincy like a duck to water.

Without doubt he commands the defence.

Even before Maxwell's injury he could be seen shepherding Keogh and the others. Credit to Keogh for that.

Marvin Ekpiteta on 20:30 - Nov 7 with 866 viewsspell_chekker

As far as I remember, Ekpiteta had a 2 + 1 contract.with the + 1 to be triggered at the end of this season.

Talks will be underway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024