Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much time does Warburton have? 17:10 - Jul 11 with 16918 viewsHOOPNO7

Since coming back from Lockdown we have been P!ss poor in defence & after today's performance/result how long will it be before the Board make a change?

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:12 - Jul 11 with 6160 viewsaston_hoop

Hopefully a few years to have a chance at building a squad. Changing the boss every year and getting the same result hasn't worked well so far

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:13 - Jul 11 with 6148 viewsflynnbo

He’ll get time as we need to rebuild over the summer and rightly so, imo.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:13 - Jul 11 with 6140 viewsSt_Pollock

In 2020 few managers get a chance to build a team if the threat of relegation is a constant fear.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:16 - Jul 11 with 6096 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Think he gets time, and he absolutely should... but if the first six matches next season are similar to the last six matches, then our patience is really going to be tested.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:17 - Jul 11 with 6095 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Come on, not this again.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:17 - Jul 11 with 6086 viewsJuzzie

I’m as narked off as anyone but we have to stop this mantra of wanting to sack managers.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:18 - Jul 11 with 6080 viewsaston_hoop

Lets hope we can be one of the ones that bucks that trend then

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:21 - Jul 11 with 6016 viewsSt_Pollock

Can we afford to?

Our club is broke and heavily reliant on television money and board handouts. The, sad, reality is that we may not survive relegation.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:23 - Jul 11 with 5980 viewsaston_hoop

Of course we can afford to. He's not taken us down this season - so far he's proved entirely capable of the job.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:24 - Jul 11 with 5962 viewsdistortR

Why? All those up and coming managers would give an arm to manage Rangers.
Halve the wage bill, sell anyone you can and rebuild with next to no fees paid.
Staying up was the job spec, I imagine.
Really disappointing since football sort of came back, but over the season he's done well, albeit without successfully addressing certain defensive issues!

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:26 - Jul 11 with 5941 viewsSt_Pollock

Even in 1984 every QPR fan wanted Alan Mullery to be a success. The only people who want a manager to fail are fans of rival opposition clubs.

However, the reality is that as soon as it is obvious or perceived that a manager is failing fans will ask questions of them.

For a club like us who stand on the cliff edge of financial ruin those questions are not only inevitable but paramount.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:27 - Jul 11 with 5918 viewsSt_Pollock

Are you confident that he will keep us up next season with at least 3 players leaving from the current preferred first choice XI? That's the key issue here.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:28 - Jul 11 with 5905 viewsaston_hoop

Yes I am. He's come in and avoided relegation, it would be silly to sack him and appoint someone else just in case he can't do it again.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:29 - Jul 11 with 5899 viewsHOOPNO7

I would like him to stay, but he needs a defensive coach & at least 5 new players added to the squad instead of relying on loans. Whether the board will give him time is another thing. The next couple of results will tell all

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:31 - Jul 11 with 5888 viewsSt_Pollock

I honestly admire your optimism but have to disagree with you.

I think he has shown enough flaws with previous clubs and here to suggest that if we find ourselves with a significantly reduced squad in a relegation fight he isn't the man for us.

It is a bit of stick or twist though.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:34 - Jul 11 with 5858 viewsMatch82

Can we afford not to?
Our club is broke as you say. Sacking a manager who has us on path to finish comfortably higher than last year despite getting rid of our best player (Freeman) from last year and bringing a bunch of youth players through seems... Not the most financially prudent move

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:40 - Jul 11 with 5800 viewsaston_hoop

Given the good job I think Warburton has done - he came in off the back of selling our best player and gone all out to get our youngest assets playing and in a position for us to make money from them, all while keeping us up comfortably and playing some lovely football - who would you bring in instead of him at the moment?

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:42 - Jul 11 with 5747 viewsBucksRanger

John Eustace.

And then we find someone to teach defence.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:43 - Jul 11 with 5759 viewsSt_Pollock

As I said, I'm not advocating for his sacking only that he has a track record of leaving fans happy he's gone and relegation could be fatal so the board need to be looking at the situation.

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:46 - Jul 11 with 5723 viewsaston_hoop

what do you mean by looking at the situation?

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:47 - Jul 11 with 5710 viewsRangersDave

Ian Evatt?

missed that boat unfortunately.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:47 - Jul 11 with 5695 views2Thomas2Bowles

About an hour, enough time to clear his desk.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

How much time does Warburton have? on 17:49 - Jul 11 with 5679 viewsessextaxiboy

Do you think we will be relegated this season ?

How much time does Warburton have? on 18:04 - Jul 11 with 5600 viewsGloucs_R

When did we get so many trolls this board?

Poll: Are we staying up?

How much time does Warburton have? on 18:08 - Jul 11 with 5575 viewsNorthantsHoop

His body language throughout the game and post match interview, may suggest he has had enough. Was very tetchy at the Wigan post match as well. I like Warburton, hope he stays and gets at least another crack at a season. Trouble is we don't really have a budget to compete and it could be a real struggle next season and so we implode and he goes, or he goes by mutual consent after this season ends.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 18:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024