Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Went Wrong? 14:45 - Jul 12 with 4915 viewsDorse

The rage has dissipated somewhat, leaving me with just the questions / confusion.

I can't work this out. What has happened to the team? I get the 'on the beach' sentiment but I'm not sure I buy it. There's something else going on there.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What Went Wrong? on 14:46 - Jul 12 with 3783 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Loss of 40 goals worth of players doesn’t help.

What Went Wrong? on 14:55 - Jul 12 with 3743 viewsessextaxiboy

They were unprepared for a restart ,physically mentally and tactically hence the protests when it was announced .
They have done the bare minimum to secure safety and now have backed off . A team at 90% will getbeaten every week in this league .They are not like us , the shirt means nothing, this is not Gallen and Bircham .its their job and its done for this season ...IMO

What Went Wrong? on 15:06 - Jul 12 with 3703 viewsCFW

What is very disappointing is pre- lockdown we looked good, scoring goals, playing good football and on a good run. We then come back, we are excited by the fixtures we have left to play and apart from two matches they looked on paper, to be games we could win. We even dreamed of an outside chance of the payoffs.

But sadly we have been very, very poor and we now have no strikers, a midfield which looks very poor and a defence which has reverted to type.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I wonder how the season would have played out without the break? Sadly we will never know.

What Went Wrong? on 15:16 - Jul 12 with 3681 viewsTacticalR

We've lost our cutting edge and our defence has been mushy all season.

We've done well when we've been able to go non-stop attack e.g. Cardiff at home.

We're still trying to play that kind of game, but oppo teams are sitting back and picking us off on the break.

In retrospect, we should have hunkered down and been prepared to play a more defensive game (although whether the players can do that is another matter) and not expected to automatically pick up points against lower placed teams.

On a side note, maybe one of the downsides of the selling players model is that the team becomes an exhibition team and results are secondary.

Air hostess clique

What Went Wrong? on 15:40 - Jul 12 with 3598 viewsPerthRs

I love my Rs but please grant me one last wish, when I die can the QPR team lower me into my grave so that they have let me down once again...

What Went Wrong? on 15:43 - Jul 12 with 3583 viewspaulparker

It is when you cannot defend and give away cheap goals nearly every other game

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What Went Wrong? on 16:20 - Jul 12 with 3481 viewsPinnerPaul

Nothing to play for - so motivation has to come from 'within' if you like and its clearly not with this lot.

One more point I have to make -Nick London - No its NOT all down to Jordan Hughill being injured - he must have mentioned that about 12 times yesterday - by the end even Andy had to point out a few home truths.

What Went Wrong? on 16:21 - Jul 12 with 3478 viewsstowmarketrange

I think there is more chance of our players finding a G spot than there is finding the opposing penalty area.

What Went Wrong? on 17:00 - Jul 12 with 3408 viewsPlanetHonneywood

This isn’t a feasible excuse.

I’m very reliably informed by a bloke I used to sit with at QPR who does work with Brentford, that they knew and were ready for the mid-June return. Seeing as MW was on the pod demanding the season conclude, it seems odd that he and his charges appear to have been taken by surprise when the resumption was announced.

At first I thought it might be a cunning plan to take the pressure off us! But no, I was wrong...

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What Went Wrong? on 19:28 - Jul 12 with 3242 viewsdavman

A lot of it stems from the club's attitude to the return.They could have re-negotiated Pugh's contract to cover the return. Whilst something could have been done with Hall, it is possible that he didn't want to.
Furlough-ing all the u23s.
Letting the GK coach have time off.

Basically, they gave up the week of the return and I think that has permeated through to the players.

So why did the club give up? Why are we so desperate to cut the cloth this much mid-season? I thought it may be to do with the owners pulling funding, but then they have committed on the Training Ground.

Maybe it's just sensible in this time where we have no funding?

Who really knows?
Clearly not me...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

What Went Wrong? on 03:09 - Jul 13 with 3001 viewsCincyHoop

All I know is, on Friday night I made sure my tablet was plugged in charging before I went out for a few beers with some friends (wearing a mask and properly social distanced). I woke up to my alarm at 9:55am and stumbled to my living room to watch my R’s. Those two actions displayed infinitely more effort than the squad showed. It would have been just as easy for me to turn it off and go back to bed, and I fully regret not doing that, but fvck me, that was downright awful. Thankfully, living in Ohio, none of my friends follow QPR and probably don’t even know the result unless I told them. But holy sheep shit, me reading Clive’s match report on my phone and typing this out requires more effort than they put in on Saturday. Shameful stuff, I’m glad my commitment to this club only sets me back $150 a year... can’t imagine most of you justifying the amount of money you pay to your wives/girlfriends.

What Went Wrong? on 04:01 - Jul 13 with 2977 viewstimcocking

No strikers, no central defenders. Loanees not interested, our best players hoping to leave.

I'm not surprised, it's all very predictable.

What Went Wrong? on 07:33 - Jul 13 with 2915 viewsstevec

Could have up arrowed everyone of these comments.

Davman mentions the furloughing. You do wonder what it’s like inside the club knowing that coaches, under 23’s, admin and day to day staff have been furloughed knowing these players are receiving, certainly when they’ve received their deferrals, the full whack on their vast salaries.
I imagine the atmosphere must be rank.

What Went Wrong? on 07:46 - Jul 13 with 2897 viewsstowmarketrange

Thanks to the government changing policy on furloughed staff that came in from July 1st,all staff on furlough can be brought in and out of furlough as often as necessary.Does that mean that one or more of the forwards from the U23’s can be brought into the 1st team?
We need to do something to replace our only striker,who happens to be injured,and if they’re not ready for the 1st team by U23 level,when will they be?

What Went Wrong? on 07:52 - Jul 13 with 2889 viewsmcqpr10

1. Releasing Pugh and Hall. What message does this send to the rest of the team?

2. Moaning about the restart- giving excuses before a ball is kicked.

3. Our complete inability to grind out results. Nick a point when playing poorly.

4. Best players probably eyeing their moves.

5. Looking like we STILL can concede from every set price.

6. Reliance on youngsters on bench who may never be good enough.

What Went Wrong? on 10:05 - Jul 13 with 2733 viewsfrancisbowles

With regard to funding, the training ground is a long term investment which should give a return of some sort and a saving on current rental costs.

Hall and Pugh were reported to be expensive by our standards and the decision was made not to offer them extensions to their contracts. They were out of contract at the end of June and maybe didn't want to jeopardise a career extension with another club by taking a nine game extension.

Our finances have been tight anyway and covid has massively increased our costs whilst virtually halting all income. Measures such as furloughing and deferring wages have mitigated this to an extent but the owners are said to still be ploughing in a million a month to stop us from going under.

So yes it's crap on the field and the background hasn't helped with motivation and self esteem but those financial decisions were and are necessary to keep QPR from the fate of Bury or Wigan.

What Went Wrong? on 10:06 - Jul 13 with 2732 viewsTheChef

Main issue is the spine - we have players through that who are either not good enough or not consistent enough.

Lumley/Kelly
Barbet
Ball
Er, no one (if Hugill not fit)

Add to that the fitness/intensity drop-off through lockdown and the lack of a home crowd to gee them on.

The last two points theoretically are easier to fix, it's the recruitment that worries me.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What Went Wrong? on 10:14 - Jul 13 with 2706 viewsdaveB

A ton of reasons can be given but ultimately we've just played shit since the restart. Players not at it, they've dropped standards and it's all gone to pot. Exactly the same as last season.

A few little things have bothered me though.

twice now after the Fulham and Sheff Wed defeats Warburton has said the team was picked to deal with how they expected the opposition to play and both times they didn't play that way which doesn't show our preparations in a good light.

Our marking at set pieces is beyond comical,we are so flat footed when defending so so slow to react to anything, number of times keeper makes a save and we are stood watching whilst the attacking side have another go is scandalous.

Going forward we are not getting anyone in the box so good positions out wide are wasted with no cross on we have to play back inside.

What Went Wrong? on 10:15 - Jul 13 with 2706 viewsBAWHoops

This is the crux of it really.

If Bright and Eze aren't covering the shortcomings then the spine isn' quite good enough

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

What Went Wrong? on 10:20 - Jul 13 with 2693 viewsTheChef

Yes, it's a bit worrying when Oteh comes on for Masterson after half an hour - were Wednesday playing completely differently to previous weeks and pulling a fast one on us?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What Went Wrong? on 10:29 - Jul 13 with 2673 viewsbosh67

I would get Paul Parker in to specifically coach the defence next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What Went Wrong? on 10:30 - Jul 13 with 2666 viewsfrancisbowles

Which one?

What Went Wrong? on 10:45 - Jul 13 with 2631 viewsDorse

'No, I can't get Cameron to move any faster, Milady'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What Went Wrong? on 12:12 - Jul 13 with 2540 viewspaulparker

I’d whip them into shape in no time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What Went Wrong? on 12:18 - Jul 13 with 2524 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good post.

Just to clear up the Hall situation - he was offered a contract, he just didn't accept.

I would imagine that we're not the only club to furlough underage players as the competitions have not resumed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024