Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright 14:08 - Jul 17 with 36255 viewsNorthernr

Heard earlier today that he's not in squad tomorrow after a bid was accepted.
Was a bit sceptical but now Belgian journo says Club Bruges have agreed a £5m fee.

Bright on 14:10 - Jul 17 with 5337 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cracking move for him if true.

Not so much for us.

Bright on 14:10 - Jul 17 with 5334 viewsdanehoop

5m Euro. So about £4.7M.

Actually not too bad return on investment in a relatively short space of time. Good move for him and puts him on a bigger stage for further moves.

Never knowingly understood

Bright on 14:11 - Jul 17 with 5325 viewsLowerloftLad

if true we have just sold bright for 4.5 million with add ons ect will be closer to 5mill
how much did we buy him from Blackpool for ?

shame really like bright will not forget just how good he was vs cardiff in January
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 14:14]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bright on 14:13 - Jul 17 with 5288 viewsToast_R

There goes our only goal threat.

Bright on 14:17 - Jul 17 with 5228 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I have no idea if BOS I worth £5m or not, but it’s fcking disheartening when you consider what Brentford and Bristol City are selling their players for.

Bright on 14:18 - Jul 17 with 5216 viewsDieByYourSide

Bought for £750k, how many of us would have thought we'd be fetching £5m for him at the start of this season when he always seemed to have potential but not the end product to go with it?

That wondergoal at Birmingham in December seemed to ignite some self-belief in him and a sh*t hot three months followed. But that's all it's been really, three months.

In the current climate can we turn it down, perhaps not. For a team like Brugge I don't imagine they can stretch much further than €5m, are we hoping a Premier League team, Leeds or WBA come in for him with bigger money?

This is how the model has to work, look at Brentford, and if we can buy two £1m players with it who improve the side and pocket the change it'll be good business.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Bright on 14:18 - Jul 17 with 5215 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The figure is only a rumour, isn't it?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 14:19 - Jul 17 with 5202 viewsSimonJames

Can we sell Lee Wallace as an add-on? Perhaps I'm missing something but he doesn't seem to have been a particularly good investment.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Bright on 14:21 - Jul 17 with 5184 viewsmcqpr10

Brentford lost sawyers for 3 mill in the same situation. Bright holds all the cards. Have to take the money or risk nothing next summer.

At least we made a small profit.

If you're a buying club in this financial climate, you look at bright and think he's only had a good 6 months and out of contract. Never going to offer more.

Bright on 14:23 - Jul 17 with 5162 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fingers crossed there’s a sell-on clause.

Harsh realities of where we are; good luck to him though.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bright on 14:23 - Jul 17 with 5164 viewsextratimeR

I would be very surprised if their isn't another bid before he signs, ( subject to transfer windows of course).

Bright on 14:24 - Jul 17 with 5144 viewsdanehoop

6 times what we paid for him. I'm OK with that.

Never knowingly understood

Bright on 14:25 - Jul 17 with 5129 viewsNorthernr

Personal terms not agreed yet so could go somewhere else but not playing tomorrow, or so I was told at lunchtime anyway. Thought it might be bollocks but the geezer was sure, great source, and now that Belgian journo has Tweeted that so looks to be a goer.

Bright on 14:32 - Jul 17 with 5054 viewsdaveB

cue meltdown over the fee

Bright on 14:35 - Jul 17 with 5025 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well it's only a rumour right now from a Belgian journo we've never heard of. And the club will most likely neither confirm nor deny. But I'd like a hugher rumour maybe.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bright on 14:36 - Jul 17 with 5009 viewsLongsufferingR

He was free, former captain of Rangers, and signed to add some experience. Whether it has worked out or not doesn't mean that it wasn't the right sort of signing at that time.

Bright on 14:37 - Jul 17 with 5005 viewsLowerloftLad

this will be the third year in a row we would have made actual profits of players sold so we are definitely heading in the right direction

it wasn't that long ago it seemed normal to pay players just to leave
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 14:38]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bright on 14:39 - Jul 17 with 4977 viewsRangersDave

the guys a £10m player, not poxy 5!

Ok since the resumption hes not been his best, but who has in the team?

He has proved himself as a match winner, goal scorer and general 'put the shyte up the opposition' player.

I fear he's irreplacable with the squad we have and the monies required to replace him.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bright on 14:40 - Jul 17 with 4967 viewsfrancisbowles

Sounds like a reasonable fee, as he is out of contract, seemed extremely unlikely to sign a new one, we make a decent profit and fees likely to be depressed anyway. The key will be in the detail; are there sell ons etc and are they additional fees or included in this figure?

Bright on 14:42 - Jul 17 with 4942 viewsed_83

Would make a lot if sense if true: good move for Bright, a respectable fee given the circumstances, and entirely in keeping with the model we've got to work within. Plenty of teams will spend more money on worse players, but it's better than letting him leave for nothing in a year.

Shodipo or Bettache steps up, we hopefully invest a bit of the money in a promising young defender or striker we can develop... the cycle starts again.

Bright on 14:45 - Jul 17 with 4901 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes, I think Shodipo could step up. Seems almost a similar size and strength, good pace, tracks back and tackles now. Will take him a while to get to the level the Bright finally got to about four months into this season.

Bright on 14:46 - Jul 17 with 4894 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m presuming Bruges are regularly competing in Europe (Champions League?) which would be good experience for the player but if the standard of the Belgian Cup Final I watched a few year’s ago was anything to go by the level of football over there is equivalent to the Vanarama League.

Bright on 14:50 - Jul 17 with 4848 viewsNewBee

Good comparison.

We signed RS on a free and got 3 v.good seasons out of him. At 28, he should have had his best years ahead of him, but a 3 year(?) contract at peak earnings would have cost us (as well as ramping up the overall wage structure at the club), so selling him suited us ok. Also suited him to up his wages at a club close to home.

More to the point, we already either had replacements at the club (eg Dasilva), or had identified alternatives ready to come in (Norgaard and Jensen).

As one of our top players last season, I never thought I'd say this, but we're stronger without him.

Bright on 14:52 - Jul 17 with 4831 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I fear you’re operating in a Pre-COVID world.

Clubs, businesses, people and governments are teetering on the edge of a financial abyss; so £5m is probably realistic given the variables we know and the imponderables to come.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bright on 14:56 - Jul 17 with 4789 viewsdaveB

I had hoped for more than 5 million but our owner's main business ins in massive trouble, we have no revenue coming into the club at the moment so can see why they are taking the money
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024