Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze Update 09:38 - Jul 20 with 8782 viewsBAWHoops

Bit in here from Ornstein who tends to be clued in on theses things.

Palace and West Ham want him. Rangers want £20m for him but reality is they aren’t going to get near that.

https://theathletic.com/1935897/2020/07/20/ornstein-havertz-chelsea-pochettino-e https://t.co/23XLfy1ZRN

Maybe we can keep all the Eze speculation this summer in this thread as well to save MB clutter?

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Eze Update on 09:41 - Jul 20 with 5988 viewstimeforheroes

Saw this- Ornstein is often on the money but I did notice that he's claimed Eze has a year on his contract. If I remember correctly we have an option extend for a further year so I'm holding out hope it will be closer to £20m

Eze Update on 09:42 - Jul 20 with 5976 viewsNorthernr

Yeh it's a year with a year option - so two years.

Eze Update on 09:56 - Jul 20 with 5918 viewstimeforheroes

That's the one. Of those two Palace has to be the better move for the player but I'd still be hoping better offers would come in if I was Eze. Personally thought he could do well at Southampton in place of Redmond but that depends where Hasenhuttl stands on the Eze lazy/not debate!

Sidenote but that article also claims that Colin and co are working for free at Boro!

Eze Update on 10:01 - Jul 20 with 5880 viewsDiscodroids

Please, Please, Please Not West Ham.

Not after Parkes, Goddard, Sinclair and Impey.

If Eze ends up there , This can make a good man, Bad.

Please, Please, Please For once in my life let me get what i want. I don't Wan't Eze at West Ham.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Eze Update on 10:03 - Jul 20 with 5862 viewsstevec

Any subscribers of the Athletic who can tell us what we’re speculating about?

Eze Update on 10:04 - Jul 20 with 5864 viewstimeforheroes

For the record Ornstein has addressed comments about the year option but says that the bit on price- 'it is likely' we will 'have to accept considerably less than £20m'- stands
[Post edited 20 Jul 2020 10:17]

Eze Update on 10:08 - Jul 20 with 5830 viewsdanehoop

I am not sure that we "have to accept" anything less than we want for him. Having sold BoS to whichever place he eventually goes, we will have got £4.5M in the bank, which removes a lot of the immediate financial pressure. That removes the need to sell unless their is a very good offer on the table. Taking off my QPR optimism bias, I can't see us taking less than £15M for a once in a generation talent who we have invested so much in.

Never knowingly understood

Eze Update on 10:15 - Jul 20 with 5780 viewsRBlock

I think we are still under pressure to sell. Pre-COVID £4.5m just mitigates pre-existing losses. Now with other revenue streams severely affected, we have to sell to keep afloat. The squad clearly needs surgery, another CB and a striker (or another Prem loan) first and foremost, and that money has to come from somewhere.

With regards a fee, I think £15m will represent a decent bit of buisiness in this climate. I'd expect somewhere closer to £12-£13m with add ons.

Eze Update on 10:24 - Jul 20 with 5745 viewsAntti_Heinola

Glad we're asking for £20m, even if we have to accept less.
This time, though, as opposed to Freeman/Smithies, more than one club want him and West Ham are notorious for over-spending to appease their angry fans. If a bidding war starts, it could get interesting. Palace will be more circumspect, but then if Zaha goes to Arsenal they'll have money burning a hole in their pocket.
I'd like him to go to Leicester, really. Perfect for him there under Brendan.

Bare bones.

Eze Update on 10:32 - Jul 20 with 5702 viewsbosh67

I would have though that both BOS and Eze would be a good fit for Leicester next season and the way they play.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze Update on 10:34 - Jul 20 with 5695 viewsNorthernr

If he didn't know he had two years on his deal I'm not sure how he can be making statements and what we would or would not have to accept. A player with one year left on his deal is worth significantly less than one with two.

Eze Update on 10:38 - Jul 20 with 5678 viewsBAWHoops

I would imagine he's amore tapped in to Palace and West Ham than QPR and knows they won't go near £20m as opposed to being aware of QPR's inner workings and what they will eventually deal at, if that makes sense

Eze Update on 10:41 - Jul 20 with 5659 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Any prospects of replacement from League 1?

Eze Update on 10:42 - Jul 20 with 5654 viewsdaveB

I think there is less pressure to sell Eze than Bright this summer, if we don't get the money we want we can hold on till january give that we'll be getting money for bright and would have thought BFG will go this summer as well.

Eze Update on 10:42 - Jul 20 with 5657 viewsBAWHoops

We've been linked with this guy

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-was-qpr-interested-in-french-winger

Eze Update on 10:49 - Jul 20 with 5617 viewsLythamR

I am guessing that we do need to sell Eze this season (for the right price) in order to fund the further development of the team.

There is also an elephant in the room, or rather a couple namely Langley and Carlisle. Do we take a bit less than 20m now or hold on and risk the value of the most fouled player in the league going up in smoke some chilly November evening

Eze Update on 11:09 - Jul 20 with 5527 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Or he's throwing the line in at the behest of either Palace or West Ham in order to drive the price down.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze Update on 11:19 - Jul 20 with 5474 viewsrobith

Man Utd were very keen on Maddison who Eze would be a nice replacement for, but doubt they need him now they have Fernandes

Eze Update on 11:21 - Jul 20 with 5463 viewsEastR

sang my way through the last two lines of that

over to you Moysey

I want the one I can't have, and its driving me mad

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Eze Update on 11:21 - Jul 20 with 5460 viewsbillericaydicky

I would assume that if it is to be West Ham then we must be discussing a deal involving Hugill plus cash? Assuming Hugill hasn't sustained a serious injury.

I just hope we aren't tucked up again as we were with Sinclair going in exchange for a couple of Million plus Dowie and Keith Rowlands!

Eze Update on 11:21 - Jul 20 with 5459 viewsNorthernr

Yeh good point.

Eze Update on 11:29 - Jul 20 with 5419 viewsrsonist

I'm sure the story is sourced but it's nothing we couldn't have deduced ourselves.I could see Sheff Utd getting involved, maybe Brighton and Saints.

Looking fairly safe to say Spurs are out of the running.

Eze Update on 11:50 - Jul 20 with 5340 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not sure he's a Sheff U player, to be honest. Brighton would be a better fit in terms of how the play, but I would hope he can do better than Brighton. Southampton would be a decent move.

Bare bones.

Eze Update on 12:13 - Jul 20 with 5228 viewsGloucs_R

I reckon 15m Inc Hughill or

Cash of 20m Inc Manning

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Eze Update on 13:17 - Jul 20 with 4982 viewsHunterhoop

Ornstein can say what he likes; in fact, West Ham may well be encouraging him to do so!

But we have no need to sell him for £15m or less as opposed to £20m....unless the owners are trying to recover investment.

We will have come in comfortably within FFP this season, and one our rolling 3 year loss will now have far more space in it than it has done since we came down. The revenue lost in this break was relatively little now they’re completing the season and retaining most of the Sky money.

Looking ahead, BOS’s sale injects further revenue and cash into the equation thus increasing our headroom on FFP.

With 2 years on Eze’s contract, we could even hold off until Jan, when some clubs, in particular those mentioned, might be desperate.

The ONLY reason we would be willing to take a lower offer now is if one or several of the shareholders want/need to recover some investments (i.e. loans), from QPR Holdings Ltd, which is something they’re entitled to do, but something they’ve promised they won’t had previously said they had no need to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024