Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CJ Hamilton 13:58 - Jul 21 with 1757 viewsspell_chekker

Yates has landed, on to the next target.

Blackpool close in on 25-year-old former Sheffield United man

Blackpool are closing in on former Sheffield United man CJ Hamilton.

The 25-year-old has been plying his trade with Mansfield Town, the club he signed for after leaving Bramall Lane. It appears he is now a target for Neil Critchley’s side, where a ‘six-figure‘ bid is being prepared.

The versatile forward enjoyed a fantastic season in 2018/19, scoring fourteen goals in fifty-five appearances as the Stags just missed out on automatic promotion and ultimately failed to negotiate the playoff hurdle, losing to Newport on penalties in the semi-final. Last season was not so great for Hamilton, who found himself out of favour with John Dempster before the manager’s sacking.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

CJ Hamilton on 14:01 - Jul 21 with 1109 viewsspell_chekker

Exclusive: Blackpool in advanced talks to sign Mansfield attacker

Blackpool are in advanced talks to sign highly-rated winger Mansfield Town winger CJ Hamilton for a six-figure fee, Football Insider understands.

The 25-year-old forward has been one of the Stags’ standout performers since joining on a free transfer from Sheffield United back in 2016.

A source at Bloomfield Road has told Football Insider that the Tangerines are close to negotiating a £300,000 deal which would see the London-born attacker move up a division ahead of next season.

Hamilton has been a mainstay for Mansfield since joining the League Two outfit and has played 173 times for the club in a variety of roles.

Naturally a left-sided winger, he has featured all across the front line for the Stags, including as a centre-forward.

He played a total of 41 times across all competitions during the 2019/20 campaign and sat out just two league games before the League Two season was cut short due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

He netted two goals and contributed a further three assists for John Dempster’s men as they finished 21st in the table, 16 points ahead of relegated Stevenage.

Despite his average record over the past 12 months, Blackpool believe he can make the step up to League One and are close to agreeing terms which would see him swap Nottinghamshire for a place on the north-west coast.

Blackpool finished 13th in England’s third tier last season and new manager Neil Critchley, who was appointed in March, has already made a handful of signings ahead of the new campaign.

Striker Keshi Anderson, defender Marvin Ekpiteta and midfielder Oliver Sarkic have all joined on free transfers after their exits from Swindon Town, Leyton Orient and Burton Albion respectively.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

CJ Hamilton on 14:07 - Jul 21 with 1103 viewsspell_chekker

CJ Hamilton on 14:11 - Jul 21 with 1099 viewsspell_chekker

CJ Hamilton on 14:18 - Jul 21 with 1096 viewsspell_chekker

Full name: Christopher Nathan Hamilton
Date of birth: 23 March 1995 (age 25)
Place of birth: Harrow, England
Height: 185 cm (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position: Winger

2015—2016: Sheffield United: 0: (0)
2015: Halifax Town (loan) 8 (3)
2015—2016: Gateshead (loan) 25 (2)
2016— : Mansfield Town 102 (12)

Christopher Nathan Hamilton (born 23 March 1995) is an English footballer who plays for League Two club Mansfield Town.

Hamilton began his career with Sheffield United and spent time out on loan at Halifax Town and Gateshead in the 2015—16 season. He joined Mansfield Town in June 2016 and made his professional debut on 9 August 2016 against Blackburn Rovers in the EFL Cup.

Characteristics

+ Strengths +
Dribbling: Strong

- Weaknesses -
Holding on to the ball: Weak
Passing: Weak

CJ Hamilton's Style of Play
Likes to play short passes

CJ Hamilton on 14:21 - Jul 21 with 1094 viewsspell_chekker

Left winger.

I note that he's another player with dribbling as a strong point.

We're developing a team that's going to run at defences.

CJ Hamilton on 14:25 - Jul 21 with 1093 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Only CJ I know...

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

CJ Hamilton on 14:29 - Jul 21 with 1091 viewsspell_chekker

With all the forward players we have now, there's a good chance we're going to dispense with the traditional midfield general type and play higher up the pitch, with either one or two defensive mids staying back and allowing fullbacks to attack.

4-2-3-1 / 4-1-4-1 type of thing.

CJ Hamilton on 14:30 - Jul 21 with 1089 viewsspell_chekker

DJ Cambellton.

CJ Hamilton on 11:54 - Jul 22 with 1062 viewsspell_chekker

Exclusive: 25-yr-old undergoing Blackpool medical today after terms agreed

Mansfield Town winger CJ Hamilton is undergoing a medical today ahead of his move to Blackpool, Football Insider understands.

This site revealed on Tuesday that the two clubs were in advanced talks over a £300,000 deal for the 25-year-old attacker.

A source at Bloomfield Road has told Football Insider the clubs have agreed transfer terms and that the former Sheffield United forward will undergo the necessary tests today (Wednesday, 22 July) before putting pen to paper.

The left-sided winger is set for a move up the divisions after four years and 142 appearances in League Two.

He was a regular for manager John Dempster during the 2019/20 season, with 41 appearances, three goals and three assists under his belt across all competitions.

A versatile attacker, Hamilton featured all across the front line for the stags, including as a centre-forward and an attacking midfielder.

He is set to leave after making 172 appearances, scoring 20 goals and chipping in with 21 assists for the East Midlands outfit.

He has never played at a higher level than League Two, with his other club appearances coming on loan at Gateshead and Halifax Town in the National League.

However, he is now set to join the side who finished 13th in League One, with newly-appointed boss Neil Critchley now at the helm.

The former Liverpool under-23s boss arrived at Bloomfield Road back in March and has already brought in a raft of new signings for the Tangerines.

Keshi Anderson, Marvin Ekpiteta and Oliver Sarkic have all joined on free transfers after leaving Swindon Town, Leyton Orient and Burton Albion respectively.

They also announced the signing of Jerry Yates from Rotherham on Tuesday after Football Insider revealed he was undergoing his medical in the north-west.

In other Blackpool news, it can be REVEALED the club have opened talks to sign a midfielder who has left Bolton on a free.

CJ Hamilton on 12:02 - Jul 22 with 1058 viewsspell_chekker

CJ Hamilton on 12:16 - Jul 22 with 1053 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Cheers Spell

"In other Blackpool news, it can be REVEALED the club have opened talks to sign a midfielder who has left Bolton on a free." Interesting

Looks like CJ is on

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

CJ Hamilton on 12:35 - Jul 22 with 1049 viewsspell_chekker

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2020/07/22/transfer-analysis-cj-hamilton/

CJ Hamilton on 14:10 - Jul 22 with 1045 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

CJ Hamilton on 16:50 - Jul 22 with 1032 viewsspell_chekker

UPDATE: Mansfield Town winger CJ Hamilton passes medical at League One Blackpool

Mansfield Town winger CJ Hamilton has passed a medical at League One Blackpool.

Yesterday, the Football Insider website revealed the two clubs were in advanced talks, with the Stags man set to fetch a six-figure fee, suggested to be in the region of £300,000.

Things have progressed further today with Hamilton passing his medical. The website also claims Hamilton has agreed terms with the Tangerines.

Hamilton joined Town from Sheffield United in 2016 and has become a mainstay in the Stags team.

The London-born attacker has scored 20 times for Mansfield in 173 appearances.

CJ Hamilton on 17:31 - Jul 22 with 1022 viewsspell_chekker

Blackpool Bring In Hamilton

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to confirm the capture of CJ Hamilton from Mansfield Town for an undisclosed fee.

The winger joins the Seasiders on a 3 year contract with the Club having an Option for a further year. Hamilton arrives at Bloomfield Road from the League Two outfit, where he made over 100 appearances across four seasons at the One Call Stadium.

Renowned for his blistering pace and having a keen eye for goal, Hamilton started out as a highly-rated prospect within Sheffield United’s Academy, before heading out on loan to gain valuable game time.

A permanent move to Mansfield followed in 2016, where the 25-year-old has since impressed, proving to be a real threat on the flanks, including finding the back of the net 14 times in the 2018/19 season, helping the Stags reach the League Two play-offs.

On signing for Blackpool, CJ Hamilton said:

“I’m really looking forward to the future here and I can’t wait to get started.

“I enjoyed my time at Mansfield, but after speaking to Neil Critchley I knew I wanted to come to Blackpool. The vision that the Owner, Board and Head Coach have for the Club is hugely exciting and I’m hopeful we can deliver the goods come the end of the season.”

Neil Critchley said:

“We’re delighted to welcome CJ to Blackpool, who we feel will bring a real energy to the team.

“His speed is a tremendous asset in the attacking third of the pitch and he is extremely versatile. He is someone who I’m really looking forward to working with and developing further.

“With the addition of CJ, I feel we are making good progress at this early stage of the season and I’m looking forward to seeing how this group of players develop in the coming weeks and months.”

CJ Hamilton on 17:41 - Jul 22 with 1020 viewsspell_chekker

CJ Hamilton on 17:45 - Jul 22 with 1017 viewsspell_chekker

Stags sell winger to Blackpool

Winger CJ Hamilton has been sold to League One Blackpool for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old made 173 appearances for the club, scoring 20 goals, since signing in the summer of 2016.

Director of football David Sharpe said: “We spoke recently with CJ and his representative regarding his future.

“In those discussions, it was clear that CJ wasn’t going to commit his future to the club. With only a year left on his contract, and following many offers in recent weeks from Blackpool, we felt this transfer was in the best interests of Mansfield Town Football Club.

“CJ leaves One Call Stadium in good regard, with our best wishes and gratitude for his endeavours over the past four years.”

CJ Hamilton on 18:27 - Jul 22 with 1011 viewsspell_chekker

CJ Hamilton on 19:44 - Jul 22 with 1004 viewsspell_chekker

CJ Hamilton on 19:45 - Jul 22 with 1003 viewsspell_chekker

A fair number of our new signings appear to be 'buzzing'.

CJ Hamilton on 19:50 - Jul 22 with 1000 viewsspell_chekker

"Sources across social media accounts have reported the undisclosed fee to be in the region of £200,000."

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/mansfield-town-sell-winger-cj-hamilton-lea

CJ Hamilton on 19:56 - Jul 22 with 996 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

CJ Hamilton on 16:46 - Jul 23 with 974 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

CJ Hamilton on 19:54 - Sep 20 with 924 viewsspell_chekker

Be thankful that he's on a 3 + 1.

No end product.

CJ Hamilton on 15:23 - Sep 22 with 907 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Hamilton: An Amazing Day All Round

After Blackpool’s first win of the new season, match winner CJ Hamilton was delighted to score both goals that fired the Seasiders to victory over Swindon Town.

The summer arrival, who showed glimpses of his ability in pre-season with goals against Everton and Liverpool, proved to be the difference between the two sides as Neil Critchley’s men picked up their first three points of the 20/21 season.

Hamilton scored his first League One goals for Blackpool in quick succession, breaking the deadlock in the 41st minute before doubling the hosts’ lead just minutes into the second half with two emphatic finishes.

Reflecting on the result, the 25-year-old was delighted with the victory and praised Blackpool fans after their long-awaited return to Bloomfield Road.

“It doesn’t get much better than that”, Hamilton said.

“It was an amazing day. The fans being here gave us a tremendous lift and we enjoyed playing in front of them again. We’re happy to get the three points that we needed.”

The electric winger also reflected on his two goals at Bloomfield Road and insists he is determined to continue his rich vein of form.

“I got on the edge of the box for the first one, Jerry (Yates) toe-poked it through and then I took the shot on my right-foot and it went in. For the second one, It was a good ball by Turts (Turton) over the top and luckily I managed to get there, turn inside and went near post again.

“It was an amazing feeling to score here in front of the fans. I tried to move the ball, get in-behind their defence which is what I do, so I’m pleased with how I did. I hope I can take it into next week.”

Hamilton also praised his team-mates following an outstanding collective performance from the Seasiders.

“We’re all enjoying and thriving off what the Gaffer is getting us to do.

“We’ve only been together 7-8 weeks now, so everything’s still fresh. Once we build this relationship even more I’m sure we can get even stronger in the months ahead. We’re a young and fresh group with a strong mentality, we want to win games week in, week out.

“Hopefully we can continue this and push towards our aim this season.”

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/hamilton-an-amazing-day-all-ro

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024