Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play off final or fa cup final. 17:28 - Jul 30 with 5219 viewsqpr_1968

Work with a couple of fulham fans who said to me this morning they are not fussed whether they go to the premier or not...i know they've gotta win tonight then beat brentford in the final, but a day out at wembley would have been nice, then lose. They would rather be in an fa cup final.
Brentford on the the other hand would obviously like to experience the premier for the first time and make their own minds up.

Got me thinking, as a qpr fan, what would you prefere, a play off final to the premier, or an fa cup final.....with fans of course.
Think i would still edge going to the premier.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 17:30 - Jul 30 with 3299 viewsloftboy

FA cup final, PL is shite if you’re not one of the big 6.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Play off final or fa cup final. on 17:33 - Jul 30 with 3289 viewsNoelmc

FA Cup Final for me too. An opportunity to win a trophy known throughout the world. I'd also prefer a season in the Europa Cup rather than the Prem.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 17:34 - Jul 30 with 3281 viewsMedwayR

FA Cup by a mile. I’ve been supporting QPR since the early 90’s so I’ve seen us have brilliant teams, finish top end of the league, England internationals etc but in all that time we’ve rarely won a cup game never mind think about winning it!!!

Poll: Who’s better?

Play off final or fa cup final. on 17:44 - Jul 30 with 3246 viewsClive_Anderson

FA Cup final by far as long as we don't lose 6-0 like Watford last season. Rather lose in the first game against Vauxhall Motors than that.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 17:48 - Jul 30 with 3227 viewsrobith

The play off final was cool and everything, but I would genuinely trade never seeing us win ever again for an FA Cup final

Play off final or fa cup final. on 18:04 - Jul 30 with 3184 viewsThe_Beast1976

Seconded.

The PL really is a pile of absolute shite

Play off final or fa cup final. on 18:17 - Jul 30 with 3137 viewsBoston

I’d be happy with the Greyhound Derby.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 18:18 - Jul 30 with 3145 viewsHayesender

I'd be pished for a week winning the league Cup

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Play off final or fa cup final. on 18:51 - Jul 30 with 3047 viewsNov77

Has to be FA cup final.

The other is just a glorified third-place playoff. It’s absurd that you get a trophy for it.

Imagine at the olympics if on the podium they gave a trophy to the bronze medalist. The Gold and silver medalists would be thinking, “really?”

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Play off final or fa cup final. on 18:58 - Jul 30 with 3022 viewsNorthLondonR

Absolutely this.. seeing us in an FA Cup final would be the pinnacle for me. Winning it would be an out of body experience.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 19:04 - Jul 30 with 3010 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FA Cup Final.

Playoff Final is a trophy for being the best of four teams not good enough to finish in the Top 2 of a Division full of teams that are not good enough to finish in the Top 20.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Play off final or fa cup final. on 19:55 - Jul 30 with 2922 viewsLowerloftLad

i would love to see QPR win any cup competition

fa cup
league cup

even the checkatrade trophy would do me to be honest bloody southend
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 19:58]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Play off final or fa cup final. on 19:56 - Jul 30 with 2919 viewsqpr_1968

good turnout from us that night, let down again.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 20:29 - Jul 30 with 2830 viewsOakR

F.A. Cup now doubt about it.

...but I love the playoffs, I hated the idea initially but now think they are greart - that Oldham semi-final will live long in the memory and produced an atmosphere that was incredible.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Play off final or fa cup final. on 21:37 - Jul 30 with 2756 viewstraininvain

I’ve never experienced or seen an atmosphere like Oldham at LR in the playoff semi final. The ground was shaking.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 22:01 - Jul 30 with 2707 viewsRs_Holy

Thirded... the final day of the PL was tedious rubbish... even Jeff and the team failed to make it even slightly exciting.
The final day/evening of the Championship was superb... chalk and cheese..
FA Cup for me
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 22:05]

Play off final or fa cup final. on 22:16 - Jul 30 with 2676 viewsloftus77

FA Cup Final always.

Still hurts that we didn't win the last one.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 22:19 - Jul 30 with 2666 viewsrsonist

I don't even know what the argument for play off final would be. Maybe if you had a mega jammy cup run where you never played a side above you? Even then...

Whatever happens to Wigan they have 2012.

Would Portsmouth swap their Total Redknapping for cuplessness? Hmm.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 22:22 - Jul 30 with 2654 viewsqprxtc

I’d take the Simod Cup.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 22:22 - Jul 30 with 2658 viewsrsonist

This should be a poll.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 22:50 - Jul 30 with 2616 viewsjoe90

FA cup final, no question.

I enjoyed the play-off final because we won, not because I was happy we were going to be in the PL the following season. Could you imagine how shit the play-off would be if it wasn't at Wembley?

Play off final or fa cup final. on 23:20 - Jul 30 with 2576 viewsGaryT

What? Like if it was in Cardiff and you had to play Cardiff and their shit fans were taunting you as you queued for the bus back to the car park. yeah, that would be shit.

FA Cup final for me but Oldham was special, I remember after Furlong scored I phoned the wife and shouted "Listen to this!" and then held the phone in the air. I think she just laughed. Whenever I have to talk to fans of bigger clubs and they ask me about QPR, I catch a look of superiority (or pity?) in their eyes so I always retell the story of Oldham and start it with "Let me tell you about the greatest atmosphere the likes of which you will never experience, The Second Division, Play Off Semi Final, Second Leg". And after a few minutes of retelling the story I finish with "And that's! why I support QPR and why you will never, with all of your silverware, experience anything close to it and I wouldn't swap it for the world". That shuts them up. :-)

Play off final or fa cup final. on 00:06 - Jul 31 with 2536 viewsPunteR

Champions league.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 01:50 - Jul 31 with 2482 viewsLoftgirl

PL for me, if only for the cash.

Play off final or fa cup final. on 04:22 - Jul 31 with 2459 viewsSydneyRs

Fulham are well aware of what the PL is like after being up there for some time. Brentford are not. The smaller clubs will always eventually go down, Bournemouth and Watford the latest after making a decent go of it for a while.

Sheff Utd and Burnley will follow despite current success. Not a question of if, but when. Also expecting it to be far from the fairytale Leeds fans may be expecting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024