August"> August">
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Robson 11:33 - Aug 6 with 570 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Ethan Robson on 11:35 - Aug 6 with 566 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Ethan Robson on 11:36 - Aug 6 with 565 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Ethan Robson on 11:38 - Aug 6 with 561 viewsspell_chekker

Ethan Robson on 11:39 - Aug 6 with 559 viewsspell_chekker

Ethan Robson on 11:39 - Aug 6 with 556 viewsspell_chekker

Ethan Robson on 11:44 - Aug 6 with 553 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

6 ft 0 in Midfielder

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Ethan Robson on 11:49 - Aug 6 with 551 viewsspell_chekker

Full name: Ethan Robson
Date of birth: 25 October 1996 (age 23)
Place of birth: Houghton-le-Spring, England
Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
Playing position(s): Midfielder

Current team: Blackpool

Senior career

2014—2020:Sunderland 9 (0)
2019: Dundee (loan) 13 (2)
2019—2020: Grimsby Town (loan) 16 (3)
2020— :Blackpool 0

Robson was born in Houghton-le-Spring, Tyne and Wear, and attended St Robert of Newminster Catholic School in nearby Washington. He started his career with the youth team at local side Sunderland, joining the club at the age of eight and rose through the ranks to go to a full-time professional with the first team in the summer of 2014.

He featured regularly and captained the development squad and under-23 side before signing a two-year contract extension in April 2016. He played three games for the under-21 side in the 2016—17 EFL Trophy, while also appearing as an unused substitute on several occasions for the first team. He made his professional debut for the first team in September 2017, when he replaced James Vaughan as a late substitute in the 3—0 defeat to Everton in the EFL Cup. A few days later he made his league debut in the EFL Championship in a home defeat to Cardiff City.

Robson was loaned to Dundee in January 2019.

On 2 September 2019, Robson headed out on loan again, this time joining League Two side Grimsby Town until January 2020.

It was announced on 17 June 2020 that Robson would be leaving Sunderland, bring to an end his 16 years with the club

On 6 August 2020, Robson joined League One club Blackpool on a two-year deal with an option of a third.

Ethan Robson on 11:52 - Aug 6 with 549 viewsspell_chekker

Ethan Robson Characteristics:

+ Strengths +
Tackling: Very Strong
Long shots: Strong
Direct free-kicks: Strong

- Weaknesses -
(Player has no significant weaknesses)

Ethan Robson's Style of Play
Likes to dribble
Plays the ball off the ground often
Likes to tackle
Commits fouls often

Ethan Robson on 11:53 - Aug 6 with 548 viewsspell_chekker

Yes Red, 6ft, and it looks like he's not afraid of putting his foot in either.

Ethan Robson on 13:05 - Aug 6 with 543 viewsspell_chekker

Blackpool Bring In Robson

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Ethan Robson on a two-year-deal, with the Club holding an option for a further year.

The 23-year-old signs for the Club from Sunderland, having joined the Black Cats as a rising academy star in 2004.

Since then, the midfielder has progressed well and enjoyed successful loan spells at Dundee FC and Grimsby Town, as well as making a handful of first-team appearances in the Championship for his parent Club.

A midfielder with a keen eye for goal, Robson becomes Neil Critchley’s sixth signing of the summer as the Club continues to press ahead with their plans for the 20/21 season.

On signing for Blackpool, Robson said:

“I’m delighted to be joining Blackpool Football Club and I can’t wait to get started.

“It wasn’t an easy decision to leave Sunderland, which is where I’ve grown up and developed over the years. But, after speaking to Neil Critchley and hearing what he had to say about the team and where he wants to take it, I felt it was a journey I wanted to be a part of.

“Blackpool is on the up, and I’m looking forward to seeing what the future brings here.”

Neil Critchley said:

“I’m excited to welcome Ethan to Blackpool, and I am really looking forward to working with him.

“He’s a highly rated, athletic midfielder who I have been aware of for a number of years and watched him develop at Sunderland.

“I believe he will be a valuable asset to the team, and he fits the profile well of the type of player we want to bring to the Club.”

Ethan Robson on 13:08 - Aug 6 with 541 viewsspell_chekker

I've seen it reported that both Portsmouth and Ipswich were in for him.

Ethan Robson on 16:07 - Aug 6 with 533 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ethan Robson on 19:22 - Aug 6 with 530 viewsspell_chekker

Analysis by UTMP:

https://upthemightypool.co.uk/2020/08/06/transfer-news-ethan-robson/

Ethan Robson on 08:29 - Aug 12 with 500 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ethan Robson on 19:58 - Sep 20 with 465 viewsspell_chekker

Wow, he's a fantastic player.

Who's in charge of released / retained / recruitment at Sunderland?

Could it be my grandmother, who's been dead for over 60 years?

If they've got a better player than him in their ranks, they're nailed on for automatic.

Ethan Robson on 12:10 - Oct 14 with 449 viewsspell_chekker

Ethan Robson on 14:44 - Dec 24 with 417 viewsspell_chekker

Getting To Know: Ethan Robson

Ethan Robson has made 17 appearances for the Seasiders since his move to Bloomfield Road from Sunderland in the summer.

Get to know more about the 24-year-old midfielder below!

Favourite Christmas film?

Home Alone.

Favourite Christmas song?

Fairytale of New York by The Pogues. An absolute classic.

Sprouts — yes or no?

Nope!

Do you have any pre-match superstitions?

No.

Favourite goal you’ve scored in your career so far?

That would have to be my first goal for my boyhood Club Sunderland against Carlisle a couple of years back.

Would you change any rules in football if you could?

No I don’t think so.

Who would you play alongside in your dream five-a-side team?

Messi, Ronaldo, Rio Ferdinand and Gary Madine the Goal Machine!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024