Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later 20:15 - Aug 9 with 521 viewsBlackpoolJane

Hello!

Well what an odd experience that was! But blimey didn't we look good in the second half?

I've written a blog on my virtual trip to Southport this weekend. Gutted to have missed the trip but I almost feel like I've been after researching this blog. I hope you enjoy it.

https://janestuart.co.uk/2020/08/09/southport-v-blackpool-151-days-later/

NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later on 23:49 - Aug 9 with 511 viewsspell_chekker

Ha.

Crickey, that's a hell of a blog.

It must've taken 151 days to prepare it.

As you say, is it the 'close' or 'closed' season when were not playing football? I never did know that one.

A word of advice on mowbots - Don't leave your flip flops hanging around on the lawn.

And as far as beer and food is concerned, it's strictly rosé (with ice cubes in) and salads for me at the moment.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later on 07:42 - Aug 10 with 487 viewsspudgun

Yep, an enjoyable read as ever Jane, and hats off to you both for your indefatigability in these non-footballing times.

Salad all the way for me too, and no alcohol since lock down.

A New World Order...

NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later on 12:34 - Aug 10 with 477 viewsBlackpoolJane

Cheers Spell. The best trips/blogs are borne out of advance planning.

Close season I think?

Eek what happened with the flip flops? Damage to them and the mowbot?

Just had a salad! Back on the diet this week. Been off the rails a bit lately. Got a weight loss target for my birthday next month and confident it’s attainable. Hoping to do it without cutting out the beer and weekly pubbage but will have to see how that goes...

NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later on 12:43 - Aug 10 with 474 viewsBlackpoolJane

Cheers Spud.

I went 19/20 weeks without alcohol with no problem, so it’s nice to know I can do it. I feel more like myself now I have beer back in my life though. I’m much more laid back now.

NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later on 14:42 - Aug 10 with 467 viewsspudgun

Yep, there is something pleasing about abstinence once in a while, and I`m not entirely sure as to why.

I only drank once a week usually with a meal, and four pints was my limit, but I sort of stopped in January and have not had a drink since. Not a diet thing, just a self-imposed ban.

I`m sure I`ll drink again when the time comes, as a little cake and ale is good for the soul.

Anyway keep up your good work, I`m sure there must be a book review out soon...

NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later on 17:51 - Aug 10 with 463 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Cheers Jane 👍

Only started drinking again this year (only one bottle of beer a weekend) after not drinking for over 12 years. My tastes have certainly changed.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later on 21:28 - Aug 11 with 434 viewsBlackpoolJane

Cheers Spud. And yes there will be another book review out on Friday. I’ve actually written it already. It’s a good one.

Mmm cake. You’ve now got me wondering when the Christmas foods will be in the shops (usually around my birthday, I think). This is Not Good for the diet..

NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later on 21:31 - Aug 11 with 433 viewsBlackpoolJane

That’s interesting Red. 12 years wow. I’m amazed how my palate has changed in the tennish years I’ve been drinking beer.

NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later on 09:45 - Aug 15 with 407 viewsspell_chekker

Red. Why did you start drinking again? Your tastes have changed?

Spud. Any reason for the abstinence?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

NEW BLOG: Southport v Blackpool - 151 Days Later on 22:35 - Aug 15 with 400 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Friend bought me some bottles for Xmas, totally forgetting I'd given up, which is typical for her.

Still like Jennings and Moorhouse, but finding a lot of other real ales a bit of a struggle. Quite like Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer, which I wouldn't have gone within 5 miles of in the old days.

Getting a taste for Wheat Beer as well, which in the past would lead me to be able to empty a pub after one fart.

My max is still only 2 X 500ml bottles a weekend.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024