August"> August">
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Outgoing 14:44 - Aug 11 with 1668 viewsspell_chekker

It looks like Carlisle would like Jamie Devitt but haven't got the money to do the deal:

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Outgoing on 14:45 - Aug 11 with 936 viewsspell_chekker

If they haven't got the money they'll have to move on and then we can find another taker.

Why subidise Carlisle?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Outgoing on 14:47 - Aug 11 with 932 viewsspell_chekker

Parody account?

Outgoing on 14:59 - Aug 11 with 927 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The rumour is we've agreed to cancel his contract if he can sort out a deal. Don't see why we should, or have to do anything else.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Outgoing on 06:51 - Aug 13 with 900 viewsspell_chekker

This isn't outgoing. We already knew he'd gone, we jeust didn't know where:-

Outgoing on 07:15 - Aug 13 with 898 viewsspell_chekker

[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 7:16]

Outgoing on 07:18 - Aug 13 with 893 viewsspell_chekker

You really don't want to be paying a player to play for Carlisle.

Bit of cheek saying that the hold up is at Blackpool's end.

The hold up would rather be Carlisle not paying the asking price.

Outgoing on 10:28 - Aug 15 with 867 viewsspell_chekker

I didn't know it was possiblr that a transfer of Jamie Devitt could go 'rumbling on'.

They either want him, or they don't.

Outgoing on 20:43 - Aug 19 with 840 viewsspell_chekker

Macdonald In Loan Move To Tranmere Rovers

Calum Macdonald has today joined League Two side Tranmere Rovers on a season-long-loan deal.

The 22-year-old joined the Seasiders in August 2019 and heads to Prenton Park to gain some valuable game time, having made 19 appearances for Blackpool last season.

The Club wishes Calum the very best for the season.

Outgoing on 20:49 - Aug 19 with 838 viewsspell_chekker

Re: MacDonald -

Very happy with this.

Critchley has the conviction to put into practice what I've though, but dared not say, all along.

MacDonald is lightweight in defence. In attack, I've never seen him put that many balls into the box, deliver many crosses, or make a killer pass.

He's bang average in my book but I've never had the courage to say it as BFC has recently had a deficiency on the left and everyone, on all the message boards, have wrapped their tongues around his a-hole as being the solution.

He's not the solution. He's rubbish. Offers little.

Thanks Neil, I didn't have the guts to call it but you've made a good decision.

Outgoing on 21:07 - Aug 19 with 833 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Surprised me. Must now put Shaw in line for the LB role.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Outgoing on 21:23 - Aug 19 with 829 viewsspell_chekker

The thing that decided me that MacDonald was crap was the Reading away cup game.

By the way, Howe was signed on the strength of MacDonald's performance.

In this game, MacDonald was subbed, replaced by Husband, in the second half.

I noticed a difference in what the 2 players offered, both defensively and offensively.

MacDonald was probably signed on a 2 + 1 deal and so, at the end of this season he'll only be left with the plus 1 (if we want it).

Bye.

Outgoing on 21:32 - Aug 19 with 826 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I was at the replay against Reading and Husband got slaughtered on the left. That was during Larry's strange formation of leaving only one player on the left hand side. It's when I also knew Larry had totally lost the plot.

Outgoing on 21:35 - Aug 19 with 825 viewsspell_chekker

Husband will be our left back and captain.

It can't be disputed that he's uncompromising in defence. I think he can get forward very well indeed.

He didn't get forward much last season because of "Grayson Ball", but who did?

Gnanduillet and Feeney got forward well last year - Do you want more of that?

last season, Husband was mainly employed on the left of a back 3 and occasionally as a left back. Everyone knows how light we were down that side under Grayson. Husband held it together whenever he played.

In a well balanced team, he'll contribute more than MacDonald in attack.

Outgoing on 21:37 - Aug 19 with 822 viewsspell_chekker

One more thing.

We will not be using wing backs again.

Outgoing on 22:18 - Aug 19 with 813 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I wish MacDonald all the best at Tranmere (he's not crap). At the moment NC seems to see Husband as a left sided CB. With one going out now I was wondering if we might bring in a left sided CB, but that might depend on how bad is Nuttall's injury.

He had slipped down the pecking order for me, didn't make any of my last three starting XI's

Outgoing on 00:06 - Aug 31 with 773 viewsspell_chekker

Oldham had a trialist (number 6) playing for them in a 'streamed' friendly against Lincoln.

They were impressed with him all through their match thread.

They were speculating as to his identity until it was revealed on page 5 (nearish the bottom of P5) that he was our one and only Ben Garrity.

"Sign him up" is one comment.

Have a look for yourselves (from the bottom half of page 2 onward):-

http://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/52097-latics-vs-lincoln-streamed-friendly/
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 0:11]

Outgoing on 00:15 - Aug 31 with 761 viewsspell_chekker

A very strong run and pass (assist) from No.6 Garrity.

I can see why Oldham want him.

Hope they get him and bring him on leaps and bounds!!

[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 0:16]

Outgoing on 00:17 - Aug 31 with 757 viewsspell_chekker

All that research is exhausting.

Goodnight.

Outgoing on 10:55 - Aug 31 with 749 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Think people are putting 2 + 2 and getting 7.

Don't think you can be classed as a trialist if you're under contract at another club, then there's the insurance problem, just doesn't make sense to me.

Outgoing on 19:42 - Aug 31 with 741 viewsspell_chekker

Let's hope this loan move is the start of thing working out for him.

Outgoing on 19:44 - Aug 31 with 739 viewsspell_chekker

Last year was a waste of Sadler's first year in charge.

This list shows some of the bad choices made by various people.

Outgoing on 20:26 - Aug 31 with 730 viewsspell_chekker

Joe Nuttall: Northampton Town sign Blackpool striker on loan

Northampton Town have signed striker Joe Nuttall on a season-long loan from fellow League One side Blackpool.

The 23-year-old joined Blackpool from Blackburn in August 2019 and last season scored four goals in 33 games, 20 of those coming as a substitute.

Nuttall started in Manchester City's academy and has since had spells in Scotland with Aberdeen, Stranraer and Dumbarton before joining Blackburn.

During two seasons at Rovers he scored eight goals in 37 appearances.

Outgoing on 20:28 - Aug 31 with 728 viewsspell_chekker

Nuttall Joins Northampton On Loan

Joe Nuttall has joined fellow Sky Bet League One side Northampton Town on a season long loan deal.

The striker made 33 appearances for the Seasiders last season, and will head to the Sixfields Stadium looking to gain consistent game time throughout 20/21.

Everyone at the Club wishes Joe the very best for the season.

Outgoing on 20:30 - Aug 31 with 725 viewsspell_chekker

Curle delighted to finally get his man as Nuttall joins from Seasiders
'He is big, strong, powerful and has an eye for goal.'

Striker Joe Nuttall may be something of an unknown quantity to Cobblers supporters but his arrival on loan from Blackpool has been a long time in the making for manager Keith Curle.

The Town boss has tracked Nuttall ever since he emerged through Manchester City's academy at the age of 18 in 2015.

And whilst his career has stalled in recent years, particularly last season when he managed just four goals in 33 appearances, Curle believes he can coax the best out of the 23-year-old, much like he did with Vadaine Oliver.

Outgoing on 20:31 - Aug 31 with 725 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Yeah, Joe needs a fresh start away from some of our more judgemental fans, wish him well.

We do need a striker in who can score goals asap.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024