August"> August">
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Outgoing 14:44 - Aug 11 with 1669 viewsspell_chekker

It looks like Carlisle would like Jamie Devitt but haven't got the money to do the deal:

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Outgoing on 21:11 - Aug 31 with 485 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Outgoing on 21:23 - Aug 31 with 480 viewsspudgun

The churn of players is quite something, yet Ben Mansford said he had" no regrets" about the January transfer policy. Kind of looks like a "stick a tail on a donkey" strategy...

Outgoing on 22:57 - Aug 31 with 471 viewsspell_chekker

The January transfer window was terrible.

We were expecting wonders because of Tommy Johnson and the analyst.

Apart from the loans I believed we signed Maxwell, Howe, Thorniley, Madine, Garrity, and Ward. Perhaps even one or two others as well.

Out of those 6 players, some could still come good but only Maxwell alone has been more than satisfactory at present.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Outgoing on 15:08 - Sep 1 with 448 viewsspell_chekker

Taking stock now that Nuttal's gone and Devitt is still here for the moment but hasn't been allocated a squad number

With regards to the squad cap of 22 (and as Red pointed out - players under 21 on 1st January 2021 are exempt).

Keepers
Maxwell, Fojticek (Sims exempt - I think)

Defenders
Husband, Thorniley, Nottingham, Turton, Ekpiteta, Howe

Midfield
Ward, Williams, Robson, Kaikai, Feeney, Garrity, Virtue, Hamilton, (Antwi and Shaw exempt - I reckon)

Forwards
Sarkic, Anderson, Yates, Madine

Unless I'm mistaken, we've currently got a squad of 20 eligible players.

It may be possible to farm out on loan, or sell, - Madine, Garrity, Feeney, Howe.

That would be a maximum of another 4 spaces - An upper limit total of 6 more signings and loans (plus any other U21 recruited).

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

Outgoing on 23:57 - Sep 1 with 434 viewsspell_chekker

Updated after the Lubala signing:

Taking stock with regards to the squad cap of 22 (and as Red pointed out - players under 21 on 1st January 2021 are exempt).

Keepers
Maxwell, Fojticek (Sims exempt - I think)

Defenders

Midfield
Ward, Williams, Robson, Kaikai, Feeney, Garrity, Virtue, Hamilton, (Antwi and Shaw exempt - I reckon)

Forwards
Sarkic, Anderson, Yates, Madine, Lubala

Unless I'm mistaken, we've currently got a squad of 21 eligible players.

It may be possible to farm out on loan, or sell, - Madine, Garrity, Feeney, Howe.

That would be a maximum of another 4 spaces - An upper limit total of 5 more signings and loans (plus any other U21 recruited).

Outgoing on 07:52 - Sep 2 with 427 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Noticed when Peterborough named their squad, out of the 29 players listed, I think 12 were under 21

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Outgoing on 09:49 - Sep 2 with 421 viewsspell_chekker

We may see a lot of players thrown on the scrapheap at 21 with clubs unable to offer them a place in their squad.

Outgoing on 15:14 - Sep 2 with 415 viewsspell_chekker

Outgoing on 16:09 - Sep 2 with 411 viewsspell_chekker

Outgoing on 16:11 - Sep 2 with 411 viewsspell_chekker

You never know.

For the last couple of day's there's been an announcement around 7 or 8 o'clockish of an incoming player.

Outgoing on 16:12 - Sep 2 with 411 viewsspell_chekker

Garrity Loaned To Oldham

Ben Garrity has joined League Two side Oldham Athletic on a loan deal until the end of the season.

Garrity, 23, joined the Seasiders in January from non-league Warrington Town with the midfielder yet to make a competitive appearance for the Club.

He heads to Boundary Park looking to gain valuable first-team action over the course of 20/21.

Everyone at Blackpool wishes Ben the best of luck for the season.

Outgoing on 16:16 - Sep 2 with 411 viewsspell_chekker

Outgoing on 16:34 - Sep 2 with 410 viewsspell_chekker

SIGNING: Garrity Completes Loan Move

Oldham Athletic can confirm the signing of central-midfielder Ben Garrity on a season-long loan from Blackpool.

Garrity has spent a couple of weeks on trial with Latics during pre-season and particularly impressed against Lincoln City on Saturday, playing an instrumental role in the build-up to Conor McAleny’s goal.

The 23-year-old joined the Seasiders in January 2020 on an 18-month deal after impressing in the Northern Premier League with Warrington Town.

Whilst at Warrington, Garrity helped guide the club to the super play-off final in the 2018/19 campaign. The midfielder scored a brace in the semi-final and followed it up with a goal against South Shields in the northern final before netting another brace in the super play-off game against Kings Lynn.

Garrity continued his impressive form into the next season, scoring over ten goals before making the move into the EFL.

On his new challenge with Latics, Garrity said; "I'm buzzing to be here and get the deal over the line. I'm a player, that no matter what, you'll get 100% off me every week, I'll get stuck in whilst covering every blade of grass on the pitch.

"I'm impressed with what I've seen of the lads so far and the gaffer is getting us to play a good style of football."

Garrity’s official shirt number will be announced in due course with the rest of the squad.

Welcome to Latics, Ben!

Outgoing on 18:41 - Sep 2 with 407 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Good luck to the guy. Shows how far he's come since signing.

Outgoing on 21:49 - Sep 2 with 401 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Outgoing on 23:07 - Sep 2 with 395 viewsspell_chekker

Updated after Garrity leaving and seeing Scrafton's tweet - Not realising that Fojticek is classed as U21 I've amended my list:

Taking stock with regards to the squad cap of 22 (and as Red pointed out - players under 21 on 1st January 2021 are exempt).

Keepers
Maxwell, (Fojticek + Sims both exempt)

Defenders

Midfield
Ward, Williams, Robson, Kaikai, Feeney, Virtue, Hamilton, (Antwi and Shaw both exempt)

Forwards

We've currently got a squad of 19 eligible players.

It may be possible to farm out on loan, or sell, - Madine, Feeney, Howe.

That would be a maximum of another 3 spaces - An upper limit total of 6 more signings and loans (plus any other U21 recruited).

Outgoing on 10:19 - Sep 5 with 381 viewsspell_chekker

Updated now that Kemp and Mitchell have signed:

Keepers

Defenders
Husband, Thorniley, Nottingham, Turton, Ekpiteta, Howe, Mitchell

Midfield
Ward, Williams, Robson, Kaikai, Feeney, Virtue, Hamilton, (Kemp, Antwi and Shaw all exempt)

Forwards

We've currently got a squad of 20 eligible players.

It may be possible to farm out on loan, or sell, - Madine, Feeney, Howe.

That would be a maximum of another 3 spaces - An upper limit total of 5 more signings and loans (plus any other U21 recruited).

Let me know if it's not accurate so I can ammend it.

Outgoing on 10:31 - Sep 5 with 378 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

All depends on the salary cap, which it's why I think it would be very difficult to loan out either Madine or Feeney.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 10:33]

Outgoing on 11:02 - Sep 17 with 358 viewsspell_chekker

A good signing for L2 Tranmere - along with Spearing.

Outgoing on 14:49 - Sep 17 with 345 viewsspell_chekker

Updated now that Feeney has left:

Keepers

Defenders

Midfield
Ward, Williams, Robson, Kaikai, Virtue, Hamilton, (Kemp, Antwi and Shaw all exempt)

Forwards

We've currently got a squad of 19 eligible players. (No place for Devitt who's still on the books)

It may be possible to farm out on loan, or sell, - Madine and Howe.

Farming Madine and Howe out would mean a maximum of 5 squad spaces - An upper limit total of 5 more signings and loans (plus any other U21 recruited).

1 of our loan berths has been accounted for (Kemp)

Does that mean we can get a maximum of another 4 loans????

Outgoing on 15:40 - Sep 17 with 341 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Still think it's a max of 5 loans, but I'm guessing that keeping within the salary cap is now the main challenge.

Outgoing on 13:07 - Sep 22 with 328 viewsspell_chekker

Updated now that Garbutt has signed.

I've stuck my neck out and included him as a midfielder.

Keepers

Defenders

Midfield
Ward, Williams, Robson, Kaikai, Virtue, Hamilton, Garbutt, (Kemp, Antwi and Shaw all exempt)

Forwards

We've currently got a squad of 20 eligible players. (No place for Devitt who's still on the books)

It may be possible to farm out on loan, or sell, - Madine, Howe - Even Virtue and Kaikai for that matter.

Farming Madine and Howe out would mean a maximum of 4 squad spaces - An upper limit total of 4 more signings and loans (plus any other U21 recruited).

1 of our loan berths has been accounted for (Kemp)

Outgoing on 13:22 - Sep 22 with 326 viewsspell_chekker

As posted on the other thread, Thorniley could be shown the door soon.

It really is becoming a huge, total squad overhaul.

Outgoing on 20:39 - Sep 22 with 316 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Think Thorniley's safe until/if we bring in another CB.

Outgoing on 10:33 - Sep 23 with 311 viewsspell_chekker

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024