Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Kinnell that was torturous 14:47 - Aug 19 with 2855 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Bloody glad we finally got that one over the line.

So what's next?

Much needed CB?
Another striker?
Ebs, Manning or Bright on the way out?
Creative center mid?
Left back?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 14:48]

'Kinnell that was torturous on 14:54 - Aug 19 with 2412 viewsMatch82

I'm on an island here I realize but I don't think we need that many more players.

Absolutely delighted that we got a forward in.

Beyond that, I think with Thomas, Chair and Shodipo we have players who can step in (not to same level granted) as Eze, Bright if/when they go.

I do think we need another centre back. And a left back if Manning goes. But beyond that it's filling out depth, a backup striker for our new 30 goal a season target man, depth out wide, maybe an additional centre back if we don't think we have someone coming through who can be our 4th choice.

I will admit that depth might be more important this season than usual given what's happening. Perhaps this really is Forests year...

'Kinnell that was torturous on 15:15 - Aug 19 with 2319 viewsbosh67

Loose talk in Evening Standard about West Ham still interested in a potential EZE plus Hugill deal. Nice as that would be I still don't get how we would be able to pay Hugill or why he would realistically take a third of what Norwich would pay in a side that would have a better chance of being in the Prem next season.

However much I like Hugill and he is a top bloke and really good player, unless he's just absolutely loves us back he'd be kind of crazy to come back. If he does and on our terms he'd be a legend before he kicks another ball but with family to think of and at 28 he seriously has to think what's best for him.

Hopefully we can find another striker to go alongside Dykes. Who knows, perhaps a rejuvenated Paul Smyth with his pace can be part of a little big man central attack force? Or we find another like Ruel Sotiriou from Orient, who just looks like he could be immense with a step up. Could pick him up for £100K if that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

'Kinnell that was torturous on 15:30 - Aug 19 with 2275 viewsMedwayR

I think we need at least a CB and a CM, although an additional CB, CM and CF would be nice. If we presume Eze, BOS & Manning go I don’t think we’d need direct replacements although there’d be risk of some players not being able to step up.

GK: Dieng, Kelly, Lumley
RB: Kakay, Kane
CB: Barbet, Masterson, Gubbins
LB: Hamalainen, Wallace
RW: Smyth, Thomas
CM: Ball, Cameron, Bettache
AM: Amos, Bansal-McNulty
LW: Chair, Shodipo, Alfa
CF: Dykes, Ramkilde, Oteh

Poll: Who’s better?

'Kinnell that was torturous on 15:35 - Aug 19 with 2247 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is Paul Smyth still with us?

Genuinely forgot about him. He’s not been pulling up any trees though has he?

'Kinnell that was torturous on 15:59 - Aug 19 with 2169 viewsdaveB

If Eze and co go then we'll need to replace them, they are a massive part of how we play and will be badly missed if we try and continue without them

'Kinnell that was torturous on 16:02 - Aug 19 with 2154 viewsTonto

the post lockdown/Grant Hall period showed we definitely need another CB. That has to be priority.

Expecting a loan CF to come in at some point though.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

'Kinnell that was torturous on 16:07 - Aug 19 with 2128 viewsMedwayR

Isn’t the way we do things now to give the opportunities to the likes of Smyth, Chair, Thomas, Shodipo, Alfa, Bansal-McNulty, Dalling...hopefully they’d be able to step up & we pocket a load of cash whilst strengthening the squad in other areas. There’s risk but might be the approach we take. 3 from Chair, Amos, Smyth, Thomas playing behind Dykes should be good enough.

Poll: Who’s better?

'Kinnell that was torturous on 16:19 - Aug 19 with 2061 viewsMyke

Don't think Amos will play behind Dykes... well he will but 40 yards behind him

'Kinnell that was torturous on 16:24 - Aug 19 with 2028 viewsNorthernr

ATM it'll be another striker on loan and another centre back to play with barbet.
If one, two, some or all of Bright, Eze, Manning, and Leistner leave then obviously that will change.

This post has been edited by an administrator

'Kinnell that was torturous on 16:34 - Aug 19 with 1964 viewsWadR

I think it is a big ask to expect Bansal-Mcnulty and Alfa to be first teamers this season. They have played a dozen games at National League between them. It is a huge jump and think realistically, Football League loans are the best outcome for their development.

I think a CB is fairly obviously priority no1 now Dykes is signed. Beyond that, I still think we are notably weak at CM. Lack of depth at ST and then replacements for however many of Eze, Bright and Manning go.

'Kinnell that was torturous on 16:35 - Aug 19 with 1955 viewsrsonist

Izzy Brown could arguably be seen as secondary striker (needed now) as well as 10 (needed post-Eze).

'Kinnell that was torturous on 17:16 - Aug 19 with 1806 viewsdaveB

I think with Bright they could replace from within with Shodipo and Smyth although would be a gamble but not Eze, we don't have anyone like him and we'd need to bring someone in. Same with Manning I don't think we could afford to sell him and not bring in a new left back

'Kinnell that was torturous on 17:18 - Aug 19 with 1794 viewsNorthernr

Shodipo has to pis or get off the pot at some point.

'Kinnell that was torturous on 17:27 - Aug 19 with 1739 viewsFrankRightguard

If we give him a run of games I think we can say with a fair degree of certainty that his body will let him down and we won’t see him for months. Same with Smyth.

'Kinnell that was torturous on 18:26 - Aug 19 with 1578 viewsessextaxiboy

Same with Oteh .

'Kinnell that was torturous on 18:34 - Aug 19 with 1547 viewsDannytheR

You'd assume if Manning goes we'll look to bring in a new LB, but maybe the plan is to finally give Hamaleinen a proper shot? Otherwise I can't see why we've given a new contract to the lad. (Karl will be the expert, but he's meant to have done OK in Scotland last year.)

I can't see Shodipo ever getting to the level Bright was at last season, but then Bright's only been at the level Bright was at for about 3 months and the last couple of games after lockdown was lifted.

We're definitely going to have to pull another striker out of the hat too, and preferably one older than 12. As a season long loan mentoring Dykes along the way, Glenn Murray would fit the bill.

'Kinnell that was torturous on 19:11 - Aug 19 with 1426 viewsDavieQPR

Glen Murray will be 37 next month. A bit too old for anyone really. Only managed 1 goal last season.

'Kinnell that was torturous on 19:17 - Aug 19 with 1404 viewsWestbourneR

I think all this 'potential' squad list demonstrates is that we DEFINITELY need to buy 2 or even 3 quality players if Eze, BOS and Manning go.

Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

'Kinnell that was torturous on 19:32 - Aug 19 with 1352 viewsHunterhoop

Surely we don’t want to go down that route again.

Older players, fine, but no “after the Lord Mayor’s Show” players. They need to still have ability in the tank, legs, and a desire to prove themselves. Murray does not fit the bill in my view. If we want an experienced statesman (not sure we do!), someone like Waghorn or Fletcher would be better.

Still doubt they’re the right type anyway.

'Kinnell that was torturous on 19:49 - Aug 19 with 1313 viewskarl

I saw Niko at the Sunderland League Cup game couple of years ago and wasn't impressed tbh.
Only seen him on TV in Scotland but got two mates who are Killie ST holders.
Last season I thought he started slowly but got into things well after a few games. Mates said he was consistently one of the top performers and then for some reason his form fell away again at the end of the season. This is actually a mirror as to how Kilmarnock did with a slow start, good middle and poor end.
Was he affected by the form of the team?
From what I saw I would be comfortable with him starting games, for instance he was streets ahead of what I saw of Kakay at Partick Thistle yet he was a revelation, to me, in those post lock down games.
If moneys tight I'd go for a CB and rely on our 4 choices at fullback we currently have

'Kinnell that was torturous on 22:47 - Aug 19 with 1092 viewsdaveB

bit like with Paul Smyth a change of manager killed him, looked very good under JFH one of the few positives under him but has hardly played since so no idea if we've wasted a promising kid or he was never that good to start with.

'Kinnell that was torturous on 22:48 - Aug 19 with 1086 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I might be slandering the lad, but didn't someone on here say his attitude was iffy?

'Kinnell that was torturous on 22:58 - Aug 19 with 1057 viewsLblock

I still hold a candle for Smyth (even though he cost me a score last season)

Pace. Good shot. Tricky. Chippy little fcuker.
Love to see him and LD form a partnership but very doubtful

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

'Kinnell that was torturous on 23:16 - Aug 19 with 1017 viewskarl

If we lose Eze and Bright then I think LD forms a partnership with Ilias, very similar to Stephen Dobbie in relation to the league they're in.
Need the ball well presented to them due to their size and own ball winning ability, they are then able to either bring in other players or hopefully Ilias will be able to emulate Dobbie and put away a lot of the chances created.
It's a clichéd Little and Large partnership but one thing I think is that Lyndon does not begrudge his strike partner the glory, he will graft while they put away the chances.
Some might be so blind as to not appreciate his work but hopefully they'll consider the team ethic as a whole... 😉

'Kinnell that was torturous on 23:33 - Aug 19 with 976 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Someone said that they had heard that, I think, but many more said he had a great attitude.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024